Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

So 80 people involved in this raid and possibly a btr captured.

I am guessing the raid is already over and these guys are back over the border.

Very embarrassing for the Russians, I am guessing some Ukrainian civilians will be killed in retaliation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

You're now sharing a video of a US official stating the US doesn't encourage Ukrainian attacks in Russia but a few hours ago you called a poster "comrade" for saying the same actions would be seen as unfavourable by the US. You are beyond hilarious.

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭jmreire

Maybe with a Chinese one, the two spanners trick will work, but if that one is a throwback to the Communist era, the "U" on it is probably half inch thick..... LOL😂 And you should see the keys

Yet there are padlocks that are relatively simple to open, such as the 2 spanner trick ones. But the problem there is that the keys are held by 3 different people, or more than likely a committee....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I'm not informed enough to be able to pick out specific equipment so I'll defer on that. If it is US equipment I'm a bit surprised.

I don't for a second think its not sanctioned by the Ukrainian govt, but I don't remotely see the problem with that in general.

• Advertisement

Yes, Ukraine has attacked Russia , but not with US/UK weapons.

Very embarrassing for the Russians, I am guessing some Ukrainian civilians will be killed in retaliation.

Because Russia has tried to avoid civilian casualties before now? Its just a weird framing - Russia may claim some future missile attack is in response to this, but they were going to do it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Big boom in Belgorod. Possible FSB building

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

This is one of the vehicle types easily identified in one of the videos. they are unique being they only arrived this year

Fair enough. Seems an odd choice to me I have to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,426 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I wonder could any of the vehicles be ex Afghanistan stock that was meant to be scuttled?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

I don't think so ,if it was in Afghanistan it stayed in Afghanistan, but they did hand over a few helicopters meant to go to the Afghan national army this year,

I still think a deal with Kabul could have been done for some of the thousands of vehicles left behind

• Registered Users Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

The Belgorod self defense units attacked an FSB building.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Ukraine war latest: Russia says fighting ongoing within its borders

by Asami Terajima

May 22, 2023 9:08 PM

4 min read

The Ukrainian army fires Grad shells in the direction of Bakhmut on April 28, 2023. (Photo by Diego Herrera Carcedo/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images)

Listen to this article

0:00 / 5:36

1XBeyondWords

This audio is created with AI assistance

Key developments on May 22:

Attacks involving anti-Kremlin fighters reported in Russia's Belgorad Oblast

Russia announces ‘counter-terrorist operation’ in Belgorad Oblast

Ukrainian military reports small advance on Bakhmut flanks

Vyacheslav Gladkov, governor of Russia's Belgorod Oblast, announced a "counter-terrorist operation" in the region on May 22 amid reported attacks by Russian anti-government groups.

"The situation in the Grayvoron district remains tense, a sabotage and reconnaissance group entered the territory, the majority of the population left the district," Gladkov said.

Since early morning, Russian officials have reported fighting within the country's region bordering Ukraine.

Kyiv Independent article on the Belgorad fighting. It might be noted that Belgorad was part of the short lived Ukrainian People's Republic (which existed in exile until 1992) proclaimed in 1918 (I've some of its banknotes, printed in the same style as the Tsarist banknotes but with the Ukrainian national emblem). Belgorod became part of the Russian SSR with the later transfer of Crimea under Krushchev in part a sort of territorial exchange or perhaps out of some bad conscience over his role in the Holmodor. Yet there's no irredentism here, just an effort by the Ukrainian military to give it's small Russian contingent a useful role.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Watching Katie Hannon show on RTE 1 and she will talk about Ukraine soon with Clare Daly on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

From the tweet you shared..

“We don’t enable or encourage attacks outside Ukraine’s borders

Essentially saying they do not support this and that is exactly the point the poster you shut down made before you shared this.

To me you're still giving it the whole "comrade" shtick, even though I posted before this silly argument supporting the attack on Russian soil. This just backs my point up further. You're throwing out "comrades" like they're going out of fashion, comrade. Save some for the rest of us, comrade.

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭AerLingus747

B-1 bombers airborne from the US heading to the UK... supposedly have a mission over Europe before landing at Fairford tomorrow ... I reckon it'll be a show of force with multiple photo ops over Eastern Europe or the Nordics (or both, like what the B-52's did last year).

Swing by kalingrad and then up into lake Nato and swing by st Petersburg for a Joy ride

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭IdHidden

Plenty of propaganda value to this incursion.

such an embarrassment for the Russian.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Jeff2

• Registered Users Posts: 35,968 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I had a very vivid nightmare about all this the other night, at home in garden when sister runs out, yelling about the breaking news, nuclear missile launched from Russia, and then hearing it, and seeing it in the sky over head, moving at a incredible speed west, as if it's heading towards US, and then the boom, way off on the horizon, as it if was intercepted somewhere off the west coast, and then the vision of fire and dust coming towards us as a crazy mph, running towards a car, as if that could save us, and then getting engulfed in a instant, turned to dust. It was so real.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,968 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

A snowball effect can take place in Russia, if the people stand up against the 4ft midget , and drag him from his palace and slit his **** throat in the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭20silkcut

The comments under that are pretty bleak exactly the kind of stuff I am increasingly encountering in day to day experiences. The usual guff attacking the speakers motives and using the ‘west Brit’ angle and About NATO and not a further inch east etc etc . It should be repeated at the start of any of these debates about the Russian/ Ukraine war that there is an application process to join NATO . These people can see it in real time as a daily news item for the last 12 months around the processs of Finland and Sweden joining NATO. Yet people are shouting about NATO expansion. How could that be possible ? You see two countries voluntarily applying and one of them failing in that application process and yet you still see predatory aggressive expansion? Will somebody here who truly believes NATO is an expansionist organization have the discussion here with me now and educate me on this issue. Non response will be a confirmation to me that no one here among the Russian apologists and sympathisers truly believes NATO to be expansionist .

Post edited by 20silkcut on

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

It's troubling. And the whole thing makes us angry and violent and scared. It's making us more brutal. That's one of the horrid side effects of Putin in the world. Hopefully, soon, he'll be out of the picture, and Ukraine will be whole again and we can start to claw our way back to civilization again. @BorneTobyWilde I hope you feel better soon. If you can, step back from this for a while, until these thoughts and dreams pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭Field east

What’s this boost flying a flag tells us what side the ‘flag flier ‘ is on. Could the idea be used to confuse the other side . We should consider this flag flying in the same way as Russian soldiers taking off the uniform of dead UKr soldiers and using them to confuse the UKr army. We can write off nothing. As a strategy no matter how weirded/ unusual it might be

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Seanmadradubh

Why are you only quoting part of what he said, and ignoring the actual point he made?

"We have made it clear to the Ukrainians that we don't encourage or enable attacks outside Ukrains borders but I do think it's important to take a step back to remind everyone who started this war [.....] it's Russia who continues to attack civilians and launch attacks on schools, hospitals and civilian infrastructure [..... ] it is up to Ukraine how they conduct their military operations, but it is Russia who has been the agressor in this war"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,970 ✭✭✭Christy42

The US is not stopping aid or even earning the Ukraine from carrying on this line of thinking. That is the point and the only piece of US support that matters.

The US does want to directly support it but are not going to take any action to dissuade the Ukraine from doing so in the future even though they would be able to do so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement