Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭onemadcat

Ah yeah - agreed Gumbo - except don't think we are at normal yet - a bit of a swing the other way now by the looks of it if finance companies are devaluing cars by up to 80% in 3 years. Just wanted to highlight this to anyone thinking of PCP'ing their new Tesla to review their agreement before committing - repayment may be different than previously agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 a Tom

I have asked them while my last phone call and the lady said: weekdays only. I tried to press her saying that I work in the same hours as Tesla and have no other option, but she was relentless. I think weekdays only so :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

That’s backs up my statement. They have to devalue them more to make it look like the customer will be in positive equity at the end. Prices are dropping like stones.

VW ID4 is another example at the moment. Has dropped mega money in the last month alone. ID3 following in its footsteps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭rob w

What's the story with the SEAI grant form......as in what actions are there for the customer?

I have an M3 scheduled for collection this week (although waiting to hear back about pushing out to next week). I haven't fully paid the balance yet and haven't received anything about the SEAI grant.

I don't really know if i should pay the remainder until I know the grant is sorted out though. Haven't been able to get through to them on it today.

Or do they just look after that. I thought they need some info/details from me to complete the form? Or is it just name/address/car details?

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭JOL1

There are usually two pieces of information that the customer is asked to complete. Tesla apply for the grant from SEAI under a framework agreement they have with SEAI, with little that the customer has to do (summarised below)

a) A "Customer Declaration Form" that basically just requests customer to confirm having made a deposit of EURx and conforms understanding that vehicle must have its motor tax paid immediately on delivery and grants permission to SEAI to access .energy usage date. This form is usually completed by customer before delivery.

b) "EV CUSTOMER TRANSACTION COMPLETION FORM"  - completed by customer AFTER delivery basically confirming that you have paid in full and taken delivery.. This form is usually forwarded by Tesla a week or two after haven taken delivery and is the documentation Tesla need to actually claim the monies..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

I wouldn't trust that Tesla tell their reps the truth. There are delays, but I wouldn't call 4-5 weeks late a delay.

I reckon maybe stock was diverted to England and Ireland can wait. Bigger market to placate.

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

Tesla rep told me last week that there are a few hundred cars sitting there in Baldonnel.

Can anyone nearby confirm? Surely someone works/lives near there and can pop up to the gates and take a pic and see?

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

England has an abundance of additional stock already. You can order and drive away within 10 days over there.

Collections in the FB group confirmed that they seen at least 100 cars visible the other day with no Reg plates on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

I picked up a Model Y Long Range (White/Black) earlier.

Glad to finally get a car after many months of madness and placing no less than 5 orders at various points (still waiting to be refunded the deposits) in the hope of speeding things up.

In the end I seemed to manage to get a discount by canceling one of my orders and then ordering again, they relisted it at a lower price (€1600 discount) and I ordered it again:)

Interestingly like a lot of other people waiting, my original orders from back in January have jumped around in dates a lot and are now around estimated around the end of June.

In an ideal world I would have prefered a Black MY but I can live with the white one at a lower price (might get it wrapped as a compromise) and I was also starting to get worried I would not have a car by the end of June (set to drive around Europe in July).

Of course I'm 100% sure now that I've taken delivery that there will be loads of bargains and I would have been able to get a car with white seats (which I would have loved) for under the grant threshold if I'd just waited a few weeks more:)

Hence I think I might not look at these threads again and delete that Telegram feed from my phone so the madness can finally end!

PS for the chap asking for pics out there, here's most of the cars, I would say <100

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Fun to see how the GMFV drop has brought out the confusion about PCP. A lower GMFV is only good for the finance house, it's much better for a consumer to have a high final payment and put the money aside for a deposit. That way if the car does drop in value they can just hand it back and have their next deposit anyway. By lowering the GMFV they are just transferring more of the depreciation risk to the consumer.

Easiest way to explain it, at the end of your PCP you are offered an opportunity to buy the car for the GMFV or return it. If the car has a GMFV of €20,000 and is worth €24,000 you spend €20k to buy a €24k car. If the value has dropped to €18,000 you can buy the €18k car for €20k but are likely better off handing it back.

If the finance house is now setting the GMFV at €16,000 your paying an extra €4k over the PCP term and will be buying an €18k car for €16k. Your still €2k down over the earlier €20,000 GMFV and walk away scenario.

Post edited by liamog on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,178 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

There will be a pretty good period coming up for EVs, nothing like what we had last year mind...

Oil prices are going to climb steadily with extra taxes being added and OPEC cutting the supply while our energy billers will at some point this year pass on the wholesale discounts. It might take an awakening from sleepy Eamonn but I am confident it will happen

This will increase demand for EVs, new and second hand

Perhaps unwise to think that electricity price would go in a different direction to oil..they remain correlated (for now ) . EV’s are also falling in price (Tesla great example) and battery technology improving, both factors negative for second hand market values.

These variables/ risks are already featuring (comments above on GMFV).

On a wholesale price, yes they are correlated, also correct to add in - for now. But on a consumer price not as much

Tesla Superchargers dropped prices twice this year so far, now stands at 42c/kWh at some locations, cheaper than some home chargers. Only a matter of time before home billing companies do the same... I'll admit I am no expert and could be wrong, but I don't think I am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

If you are using external financing, does Tesla provide any document at some point for the credit union that has details such as IBAN and amount being financed at later stage? I can see only order agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jasna1982

Anyone still have just a hidden VIN? I'm seeing a lot of posts about VINs appearing in the app now and the EDD being adjusted.

Mine is still hidden after weeks of it and I still have a 12 - 27 June EDD. M3 RWD

Use my Tesla referral link for free charging credits: https://www.tesla.com/referral/jasna121868

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

I have same EDD but not hidden VIN (I assume searching for "LRW" in source code reveals it?).

I had no hidden VIN but a visible one appeared on Saturday morning... From looking at it I think I was searching the source code for the wrong 3 letters this whole time

If external finance used this is independent of Tesla and I suspect they don't get involved.. Its responsibility of the purchaser to get funds to Tesla and where it comes from doesn't matter to them.

You will usually find the settlement details IBAN etc under the Payments section on your Tesla Account. If your intention is that you are getting the credit union to make the payment direct make sure to get them to quote your RN number as this is what is used to allocate the payment. Between your order agreement and a screen shot of Tesla payment details (IBAN) I expect this will be enough.

• Advertisement

Use my Tesla referral link for free charging credits: https://www.tesla.com/referral/jasna121868

I did the 5YJ at the start too 😂

Took me a few days to find that China should be LRW

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jowlsy

Anyone have any experience dealing with Tesla for delivery defects like ppf, deep paint scratches, boot alignment recently? Picked up a model Y a couple weeks ago, pointed out all the issues and logged a ticket with the help of the delivery staff. Was told a mobile service would come out first.

Now being told I’ve to go to Sandyford and if I need a car while mine is being repaired it’s €86 inc vat a day. Concerned this could be a multi day thing and they end up charging into the hundreds. I thought I read in here before that they give you a loaner when repairs are happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Overdue

EDD of mid to end of June and still waiting for proper loan approval from anpost/avant. I had seen previously in the thread someone mentioned you get about 30 days prior to delivery to make payment, but I can't find the post, is this definitely the case?

The reason for asking is my VIN showed up in the app today which got me thinking!

There is no official 30 day tone for payments. As long as you get them the monies a few days in advance of collection time hat normally works. They won’t register car until payment in full so best that in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

You do have a point re it being safer for customers to pay lower PCP payments and squirrel away money for the next deposit - at least in markets where the car value drops significantly more than forecast (currently the case for Teslas but not generally applicable I'd suggest). However I think that many consumers will lack the discipline to put away money each month for the next deposit and that, in many cases, they will simply see the lower monthly payment and presume they're getting the car for "cheaper" and have no notion that they'll need thousands after 36 months to move to a new car - at the end of the day they're still spending the same amount in total but I'd argue that the lower GMFV approach is better suited to the 'average man on the street' who is unlikely to know the ins and outs of PCP products (the amount of people who think they just automatically step into a new car after 3 years with no cash down is scary).

• Registered Users Posts: 14 a Tom

I am trying to find any good explanation but I cannot. Maybe, Revenue want to save money. They pay 5k grant per each EV now, and will just 3,5k in a few weeks. I would stop proceeding for a while :)

EDD of 13 June to 28 June just updated to allow for payment - fingers crossed an post/avant get their thumb out and approve!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭imavi02

Word of advise, please don't pay out till you get the confirmed delivery booking dates. I have seen people paid and then VIN is unassigned and all the crap!

• Advertisement

Yeah no worries will definitely follow that advice - it's more the wanting to have the finance secure in the event the delivery date comes and goes or something like that. I've seen the posts with people waiting weeks (and months?) for a refund for various refunds

Advertisement