Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,067 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

From People

Maria Menounos recently put the kibosh on her plans for a baby shower ahead of the arrival of her and husband Keven Undergaro's baby girl, being born via surrogate this summer.

After years of trying to become parents, the pair couldn't be more excited to welcome the newcomer, but throwing a big party is low on their priority list these days. "This whole year has been trauma, stress, crisis," says Menounos. "There was a minute when we were planning something, and then it became too much. I thought, 'I just need to heal.' "

After nearly three months of recovery, the former E! News correspondent and host of "Heal Squad" podcast is opening up to PEOPLE in this week's issue about her secret battle with Stage 2 pancreatic cancer. Diagnosed in January, Menounos underwent a successful surgery to remove a 3.9-cm. tumor and is now on a mission to encourage others to seek answers to their health problems.

Alexa Bliss and Miz were on That's my Jam, they did well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Robert Roode has a second spinal fusion surgery, that’s rough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,604 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Be amazing but reckon it's a long list of potential host cities for international events and all get discussed etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭Pentecost

The cost per ticket would no doubt be insane but I'd love to see a proper, actually broadcast homecoming for Becky in particular. Sheamus and Finn too, but Becky has reached the top of her profession. She's recognised and loved by millions of people and she has only a largely baffled Tommy Tiernan interview to show for it in terms of recognition here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I saw that. Terrible news. To me he had the perfect look for a wrestler.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

At this stage Roode should retire. Two fusion surgeries, he'll be in a wheel chair before he's 60

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

You're right, he should.

Had to check it up, I thought he was only 42 but he is 47! (As of two days ago) - so what's left to accomplish.

He's never going to be a main eventer as he is in wwe the last 7 years - would have happened by now and as history as proven, being booked to be a top guy usually happens quick in your run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

All in, Roode had a great career. His run in TNA was great. Yeah never a top guy in the fed but I'm sure he got decent paycheck. Walking away with your health more important.

Bob Orton saying son Randy is done in ring, better to retire as healthy as possible and enjoy, hell of a career for the legend killer, youngest world champion

• Advertisement

Yeah, another candidate to retire.

As you say he has done so much and I am sure his bank balance is mighty impressive. What's left for Orton to do expect break down his body more? He is only 43 too so even if he got some mad itch to continue wrestling there's no harm coming back in 5 years for the odd match.... maybe.... depending on what shape his back is in.

Orton is definitely in better shape financially to retire than Bobby Roode. Orton is a bonafide millionaire while Roode was likely paid buttons for the vast majority of his TNA run as they were known for not the best paydays - unless of course you were Sting etc.

Bit mad as well that they both wrestled relatively safe styles.

Always thought it would be Randy's shoulders that caused him to retire in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,776 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

AAA had an event over the weekend that got caught in a huge rain storm that flooded everywhere but fair play to the talent.

The Twitter thread has more.

This is Myzteziz Jr. vs Hijo del Vikingo vs Komander for the AAA Mega championship.

Neither NBC or FOX have WWE on there up fronts which they released this afternoon make of that what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭ThePott

The only logical thing I can think of for this is that with renegotiations for TV coming up soon (think the FOX deal is fine for another bit) that they don't want to shouting about how great a property is to advertisers in the event that they jump network because negotiations fall through.

It is strange though, it is a big show for both networks and viewership is up. Maybe with AEW's new deal looming they don't want to look like they desperately need WWE. Although if AEW's deal is as big as the rumours (and it certainly seems like a massive deal is going to happen) then WWE will be in a strong position either way negotiations wise.

EDIT - Just saw someone on Reddit point out that at last year's upfronts there was a lot of talk about how AEW were not mentioned during the Upfronts and here we are expecting a massive deal for them so wouldn't look into it too much.

Billy Graham on life support cccording to his wife

One of the men who shaped wrestling as we know it today.

R.I.P. Billy.

For those who might not be aware he really was a trailblazer in many ways. He is accredited as being the first wrestler to have that superstar body. Like totally jacked. He basically was the first guy to be an uber bodybuilder in wrestling and was the prototype to that wwe look.

How many wrestlers talk in promos are all traced back to Graham and how he would cut promos back in the day. Rock, Hogan etc. That level of charisma and coolness.

Basically when Vince started the WWF he looked towards what Billy did and wanted his superstars to be like that. Body, look and promos.

Before my time but one of the legends of the business and as siad already he was a blueprint of the industry. You could see how NWO Hogan took inspiration lookwise

Was his name inspired by the Evangelicalist ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭brick tamland

You could say NWO Hogan took inspiration. Others probably say he completely ripped him off. Very Very similar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,915 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Yup. And his look influenced loads of people. Hogan, Jess the Body, Scott Steiner.

WWE have named the top debuts of all time.

The top 5:

5: Brock Lesnar (2002)

4: Ronda (2018)

3: Goldberg (2003)

2: Kane (1997)

1: The Shield (2012)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Jerichos debut will always be my favourite and arguably the greatest!Absolutely brilliant it was!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Ronda's is a bit weak to make any sort of top 5 list

She didn't really do anything, it's what happened that made the other 4 on the list great debuts

Ones like John Cena, AJ Styles, Nakamura (NXT debut) are much much better

Nexus didn't lead to a whole pile long term but the actual debut (main roster debut) was brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,915 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Its obviously Jericho. But they cant say that.

Could you count AJ Styles debut at the Rumble in 2016 ?

I know he did appear on Sunday Night Heat or one of those shows years before it

Dakota Kai injured as well as Liv

Reading that she tore her ACL trying to protect Liv once she saw she was hurt. Talk about the road to hell being paved with good intentions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭Riddle101

^^^ Bad week for wrestling injuries. Liv Morgan and Dakota Kai getting injured and then Sasha Banks getting injured in Japan as well.

• Advertisement

Advertisement