Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Seeing a pension statement and wondering if it's all just one big ******* con 'cause the world will be up **** creek without a paddle when I retire. And it's not really keeping up with inflation. And god knows what it's invested in. But somebody is making bank out of my contributions.

😒

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Might have been needed for the crash that happened in front of me a few years back. I'm not sure if the child was having a meltdown at the time but when I got to the car to check she was. Caused a 3 car pile up. I was lucky enough to see it coming when I saw break lights up ahead and their car was not slowing.

TA people who shoot out of side roads or onto a roundabout in front of you and then slow down to a crawl.

People who litter. Caught a woman on CCTV the estate the other night driving past with the window open and holding a nappy ready to throw it. Was aiming for the wild spot but landed on the road. It ended up on her windscreeen with a note later that night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Thanks anyway. Not sure if I should soak them or just leave it.

TA that my housemates see no issue with leaving front or back doors wide open.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's possible that it's not "set-set", unless you've ironed it. Personally, I never had any joy with Vanish, but I might be the only one. However, dampening the stain again, rubbing washing soap (ideally, Marseille soap if you can get hold of it) over it and scrubbing the fabric against itself (or doing the same with the relevant Stain Devil), then either sticking it back in the washing machine or just rinsing it by hand would help. What you need to figure out is if the stain is caused by the fatty part of the oil or by the "fruity" part of the olives, or worse, by something contained in the oil to flavour it (purely as an example, turmeric or tomato).

Post a pic, if you like. :)

My TA, the tendons in my left hand are killing me. To hell with them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Sorry, but if you are transporting someone who can distract you enough to disrupt traffic or other road users you need to find a solution to your problem.

Obviously this isn’t aimed at you personally but a response to the scenarios you described.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

booked in to receive my next covid booster tomorrow….

im hopeful that it’s going to be the physio or nurse… I love my GP, a sensational doctor and person but not having seen him for a bit I know it’s going to be the vaccine plus a full rigorous checkup, health questions etc….. im just not in the mood…. 🤪

the physio is a quiet, kind, gentleman from the Indian subcontinent who notoriously doesn’t waste time or words so hopefully…. “ hi how are you, ok small sting, all done, wait x minutes outside, nice to see you, thanks and bye “

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

That auld fella with the hearing aid that keeps popping up at the bottom of the page is making this site unusable. It's this type of crap that's driving people away from Boards in droves.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Oh, no. I never iron stuff. I work in a lab which means a lab coat and I just can't be bothered to iron stuff.

TA that about half the damn stain is gone which, combined with the colour means it's just visible enough to irritate me.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

TA that I found a potential job I could do in Paris but it requires a full drivers' licence despite me knowing someone in the same role here who is fully remote. Not overly fussed and it'd not be a great move swapping one extortionate city for another where people are rude and don't speak English but, yeah...

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Leinster rugby fans crowing about Munster supporters not cheering for them in the final at the weekend.

It's called a rivalrly lads. Every sport needs it. The self-entitlement among some of ye doesn't do ye any favours.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Yep, I'd try with the soap or the soda (or the Stain Devil). And hot water (not boiling, but 60 degrees should do it). If you're really attached to it you could try and get it dry cleaned.

Thanks. There's a drycleaner not too far away so I may make that a next stop.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I actually found the Parisians to be great. They were very helpful in a few situations. One in a pharmacy and another time in the underground. Restaurant staff were great aswell.

The people in Bordeaux were dog ignorant on the other hand

I'd no issues on my week there save for one bus driver.

TA that I asked on another forum and one response was "If you need a driver's licence, don't bother". Why respond with something like that...

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Rugby fans in general have a misguided sense of superiority.

Staying quiet during an opponents kick. What is the point of fans if you don't support your own team?

It was the physio.. using those new fangled recessed needles that don’t even scratch you… 😎

TA is despite getting there 10 minutes early, I was held up by a lady in the Q arguing with the receptionist…. The woman was trying to make an appointment for her daughter… but from what i could hear, which was a lot courtesy of ‘ decibel Debbie ‘….every option that was offered to her she declined…

“ can you not move someone around, my Denise is working until 2 it just doesn’t suit “.

“ I’m not moving anyone who already has an appointment, I’m sorry “

Then she proceeds with about 8 in the Q to ring ‘her Denise’ while still at the desk, in front of the window and holding up the entire Q of people waiting to check in…. She gets prompted to sit down but turns her back….ignorant….

appointments can be made over the fûcking phone you absolute gobshîte….why would you be going into a surgery, that is busy with administering vaccines, medical consultations, physio appointments and more besides, just to make an appointment…?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I put tablets out and I can’t remember if I took them .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

and that's why I got a pill organiser. Happened a few too many times. Month one is great as you can then put it in your calendar when you need to reorder prescription.

TA Prescription starts in the middle of the month so ended up with 2 pill organisers because my brain is that bad.

Cristiano Ronaldo…. Gets a transfer to a mickey mouse league in Saudi Arabia…… Q premium subscription sports channels signing up matches from those leagues.. why ? It’s a mickey mouse league…. Nobody has heard of the teams here….Ronaldo is 39….finished….They disingenuously manipulate the camera angles to show the smallish stadium looking busyish but when multiple angles for replays and corners are factored in… absolutely huge areas of the stadium are entirely empty, tickets purposely sold to give the impression its close to a sell out….top tier and entire stand behind the camera close to empty and yet this is their golden boy. He’s the best player on the pitch but that’s in no way difficult, it’s dross…. At the end he gives an embarrassing speech maintaining that in a couple of years the Saudi League will be one of the best in the world….🧐. he cares not one fûck about what he’s saying… doesn’t believe what he’s saying , it’s about…$$$$$$$$$$$

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I have one but I forgot if I used it. Either way I’ve taken more and am still awake 🥵🥵

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

The firestick has been down a while now. Had someone set it up for me originally as I'm not very techy.

Tried deleting it and installing Sky Glass which I was told to do. It's not accepting my username/password. Very frustrating. I had just renewed for another year too. Probably won't be able to use the service now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

TA 1: Awake at 4am as some drunken childish neighbour had a meltdown and kicking and screaming around the place causing Gardai to be called, typical as I've a busy day ahead 🙄

TA 2: Idiots who post up stuff for sale or for free & then write "gone" on the ad. Why not just delete the thing instead while you're there 🙄🙄

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

This getting up in the morning lark as a previously committed night owl.

Me. Last few times I've set my alarm to go off at 6am for the gym, I've just gotten up and switched it off.

H. H. Asquith

I booked the first appointment of the day for 9am. Still in waiting room

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

Because they may decide to hit out at the driver or perhaps decide to open/ climb out from their seat belt, forcing the driver to pull in quickly...

TA: Noisy neighbours....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I've seen an ad for a motorsport event in Limerick on social media a few times where top billing seems to have been given to two TDs. What kind of country bull*##* is that? One of them isn't even a Limerick TD - he's from a Kerry family I'll let you guess at. Whatever hope there was of me going would have taken a heavy knock by the actual drivers on the poster seeming to have lowest billing - below a DJ as well! Wouldn't encourage me to vote for those TDs if it was my area either....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Met Eireann getting the weather for Dublin all wrong again . Honestly at this stage we just look out the window and see it .

• Advertisement

Ta. Got rejected. The process never once asked for a cover letter so that might have been it. It saves me an awkward conversation regarding my inability to drive at least.

Edit: The company has taken down the ad. It wasn't up for 48 hours. Odd.

Post edited by ancapailldorcha on

H. H. Asquith

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement