Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭HotSwap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,083 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I export very very little. 400kWh since september 9th install. Most of that was from the first week or so when I hadnt any batteries installed, coupled with days I wasnt home to charge the EV or UPS or run other tasks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭rameire

Second best day since install in October. Currently 21.7.

Have now exported so Much my meter reading is back to where it was at Paddy's Day.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Gonna get better for you. Tomorrow is due to be even better than today, and Friday/Sat could be some of the best of 2023 (if the forecast holds true)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

Hitting about 50kwh these days.

Wholesale electricity rates are lower now than March 2022, hopefully these are filtered through to consumers by the winter and the impact of the short days and low sun won't be as acute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Latro

First day of my 8.5 kW array on 6kW inverter. All on South facing roof.

Nice!! You lost a lot of potential power due to clipping when your panels we’re generating over 6.

Do you have a battery? If you leave some space in the battery this excess will go into the battery rather than not be generated.

I recognise that as the Huawei app. You don’t have the breakdown of what power you consumed. Did the installer not install the “Power meter and CT Clamp”?

It would give you a view like this:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

I wouldn't say much is lost due to clipping at all possibly a few kwh, maybe 5% of total output. And with 6kw being the limit for the grid, just have to live with it.

I'd prefer to lose some to clipping but gain it on the less than perfect days.

Looks like there's no battery either. Just enjoy the 50kwh generated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Putting in a good few days over the last week and the rest of the week is looking good also. Overall I am still way down on last years total to date by about 16%... Graph below is a comparison of cumulative kWh generated 2022 vs 2023

There is a good chance I could beat last years May production looking at the forecast for the next week or so. Should get a few 35kWh+ days this week which is 80% max production.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Even if it’s 1-2 kWh I’d rather it’s in my battery than never generated in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

Im right on course for a 1 Mwh month of May. Need a few good days now to put it in the bank.

Yeah, but the issue there ECO was that March last year was crazy good. You're comparison from start of April untill now is holding static mainly, as in you have the same delta now as you did start of April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭DC999

Look at that beauty today 44 kWh...which is 99% of my best ever day

Exported 75% of it 🙄 but I had the car full up from yesterday and I was in the office. TBH the car is the only thing that will do any damage to a day like today. (I dont have a battery) Wont need to charge the car at night for the next week looking at the forecast.

* 6.1 kWp system south of Cork City

Will be interesting to see how you get on during the bad months, you might be clipping now but you should be lifting on the overcast days.

I have a 6.1 kWp system with a 6kW inverter all south facing and the most I have ever got was 44.5 kWh...looking at you graph on a perfect day you should be getting 55+ kWh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭tnegun

Such a disappointing day here, the forecast was for 44kwh but only managed 24kwh as it was overcast most of the day in North Kildare. Looking at the met satellite 10 maybe 20km South of here had clear skies!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭redmagic68

Let’s hope the forecast is correct and I might beat my best so far on the 12th. Don’t think I’ll make a 1 mwh month though. Too many clouds in the north east this May.

8.4 kwp east/west Louth,6kw sofar, 9.6kwh batt

Agreed. Had forecasted 36Kwh, managed 23Kwh. Still.....there's always tomorrow (35kwh forecasted again)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Forecast was 33kWh and actual 14kWh here :( consistently disappointing over the past week.

May overall is quite disappointing. I only broke 20kWh 5 times and 3 of those were only just (hit around 21kWh).

You know it's going to be a good one when you have 1Kw coming in at 7:05am :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,705 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

House battery already full, car is charging away and nearly full, already got the washing machine going and water is heated back up

I'm going to have to run the dishwasher mostly empty to use all this electricity up 😂

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

I feel like Eirgrid - trying to find places for all this electricity :-)

My 8.2Kwh battery is at 96% and will be full in 15 mins, 200L tank already had taken 1.0Kwhr, dishwasher ready as is the washing machine. Damm it , I might have to cut the lawn (electric mower) and wash the car with the Kutcher jobbie!

Good day so far today at 1pm. Exported the battery to car last night. Did some more this morning to it so the battery would be empty when the car left. Water red hot. Battery full again by 10am.

Jasus it's not even solar noon and you've got 31.6Kwh generated. What size array have you got again? I'm "only" at 15.7Kwhr off 6.5Kwp split E/W

Ive just under 8kwh and facing roughly SSE. hasnt been a cloud in the sky so far today (and as i typed that the first cloud arrived). Best day ever was 55kwh last June.

Clouds aside, I'd say your going to have a crack at that record .... Sure your SSE so your peak would be probably 12:00 or so, but you've been clipping since 10:30am or so. Be well into the 40's for you anyway I would think. Low 50's ?

I added 3x panels (1.2kwp) there in April, so my previous record of ~36Kwhr might be broken today. I'm at 16.5Kwh now as solar noon (13:22), but I've more panels on the West roof than the East - it will be a close run thing I reckon. Record breaker days are always nice..... :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,083 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Nearly 100kWh in teh last 2 days combined and today is still pulling in 6kW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭micks_address

today could be my record day.. ive noticed im hitting about 4.7kw peak versus 6.5 yesterday... my battery is 100% full though.. i need to leave capacity for days like today.. probably stop charging between 2 and 4am for the next few days.. car almost charged so rest of day will be export mostly

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭mhtc

Hi, the first day after a new install. Small system (3.375kW array with a 2.71kW inverter)

Question about the clipping seen below, my inverter's capacity is ~20% of the array size - would this be considered an acceptable ratio?

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's an acceptable ratio. Your 1st day being live is a good un'.

Not every day is like this - believe me :-) !

Advertisement