Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Second Captains Part II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭dog_pig

Looks like the tweet's been deleted alright, can't find the Patreon post for the episode either.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭MattressRick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,199 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Seems like it's just the Apple Podcasts app and their patreon page that they've pulled it from then? Is it actually working for people on other podcast apps? (and is there anything in the pod itself that might explain the deletion?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Ronnie came across very well on it and can't think of anything he said which would cause an issue.

I thought it was an excellent interview

God knows what kinda misery hole Tubs will lead the interview down

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

I haven't gotten past the part where he's talking about his running holiday yet, but I can imagine Tubs' focus will be on death somehow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

They missed an email saying the Interview was embargoed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭ongarite

Nice Tiger Woods apologies podcast tonight.

Presumably RTE Late Late Show have first dibs

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I see OTB will have a chat with him tomorrow, could they not put it out in the evening.

It's still showing for me on Podcast Republic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I assume it you downloaded it before they pulled it you have it (I did). When I saw the title of the apology podcast I was worried they had something more worrying to speak about...

Same for me. I haven't even downloaded it but had started listening to it yesterday and it's still there this morning as I listened to another 10 minutes. Now it's possible it buffered a lot of it yesterday while I had it paused, but it's listenable nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Poor Simon. His long and distinguished second captain's career is on a knife edge. The lads are probably in a pow-wow at the moment to decide whether to keep him on or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I'm confused.

I was able to listen to the show as normal yesterday and it's still there for me on pocketcasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭dog_pig

If it was already pushed to your device before they pulled the episode then obviously you’ll still have access; they can’t remotely delete it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Bill Burr did something similar a while back. Episode went out and they discussed sponsorship money which was obviously supposed to be cut out. Podcast delete fairly quickly but the people who download them had the audio. I always download, never stream

• Advertisement

I didn't download it, I streamed and it's still showing for me

What's the embargo or when is it until?

Seems confusing when off the ball played their interview on Saturday afternoon and it sounded pre recorded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

The guardian and the LLS had interviews with him so would take precedence I guess but I find it a bit strange to have it in place on this occasion.

As for Ronnie, either his demons have demons or he’s just hamming up his demons to get good copy and good sales of the book

My biggest problem with the embargo is that it was done so that a much-worse, uninformed/uninterested interviewer could have an "exclusive".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭atilladehun

I'm sure there's just a standard exclusive fee that the publicist companies have and rte paid it and a contract was made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Air wasn’t that bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Raoul

Nope. It was pretty good. Likable actors acting, cool soundtrack, nostalgia. Better than the majority of super hero movies. The shoe dog book is very good read too. And Tetris is a fantastic movie and I bet 99% of people have no idea of the story behind it.

Agree re:Tetris. Even if it does go very "Hollywood" occasionally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Great book. The audio book of it is up on YouTube for anyone wanting a listen.

Air might have the biggest music budget in any movie. I have never heard so many 80s hits in one movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Seamy Fitz

Rugby - Gerry Thornley (who I think is good) had a right dig about the lads being negative on Irish rugby. Their rugby coverage can be at times boring/technical but not negative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It'd hardly beat Yesterday, they supposedly paid $10m for the right to use Beatles songs 😮

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 653 ✭✭✭cheese sandwich

I didn’t really fancy listening to an hour about the City Evil Empire but Rory Smith and Jonathan Wilson are always good value

You know the state of football is bad when neutrals are hoping Real Madrid win.

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

If doesn't help that the other semi final had Inter v AC as you'd expect City to brush either of them away with ease . If it were Liverpool v Bayern for example I doubt as many people would be going for Madrid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I'm a neutral and I want City to win it. Their players all seem look decent people so I hope they win it as the like of De Bruyne, Haaland, Silva etc deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭slumdogemillionaire

I am in the same boat. I thought Rory Smith was talking a load of nonsense yesterday at times and I usually like him

They releasing a Pod today?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Yeah SC's narrative (Ken's at least) around their perception of the Soccer publics feelings towards City has changed.

Last year I thought Ken made a good point that no one really cares about City. They don't stir an emotion in non-City fans the way '90s United did (for e.g).

Love/Hate, Enjoyment/Boredom. City weren't having that reach. They were-to paraphrase Ken- "a space-ship that hovered over the cows in a field in the middle of nowhere and killed them with a sky-blue beam. Whooowhoooowhooo" . And no one cared.

I think pundits care more now. Now that City are in a position to tip the season's silver wear into a swag bag and make haste to the Burj Khalifa for Mocktails and Tabouleh.

But I don't think the majority of non-pundit people have had an emotional shift that differs from last season.

Just listening to the boxing coverage now. Was thinking, if this was a few years ago Andy Lee would be all over this, is he persona non grata because of his links to Tyson Fury and in turn the Kinehans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭deisedude

No don't think that's it. He is coaching a very talented young boxer on the undercard so him being busy with that is probably the reason

Listened half yesterday and the rest today. Have to hold my hands up here and admit I was wrong.

It was a good interview and a good listen, not great (cue Eamo) but good and Eoin wasn't afraid to ask the awkward questions. Streets ahead of the shyte Ronnie comes out with in interviews at tournaments, not that that'd be too hard.

Two snooker pods in ten years but both within a month 😂

Anyone having an issue downloading? My podcast is there but I can't seem to play or download it on podcast addict.

Works for me.

• Advertisement

It was actually podcast addict. Updated it and it sorted itself out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Was that most explicit Ken has ever been about his dislike for rugby.

Really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ken needed to be on the rugby pod after his delight on the other one, it was great.

The rugby pod is much more entertaining with Barry Murphy. Just can't take to Shane Horgan

Does anyone else find it that second captains audio beds have ruined some songs for you? Or at least you can only think of the second captains when you hear it? Happened to me twice this weekend. I heard red right hand by Nick Cave and instead of thinking of peaky blinders or anything else, all I could hear was Gary Neville shouting for **** sake. And I watched guardians of the galaxy 3 and they had the song used in the egomaniacs slot at one point, I was waiting for Eoin to read an email about how Ken blanked more people somewhere...

They should bring back Egomaniacs for the summer when the football season is at a low ebb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I reckon murph would be against bringing egomaniacs back

I always get a dopey glowing smile when i hear the songs in real life. I would consider that an enhancement.

Still amazed to hear that it's not ROG saying administrator of the week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I was only thinking yesterday they should occassional do some sort of throwback to the Isolating pod. Maybe tie it up with the Tour De France or something, since DaviO'Doherty is such a cycling fella.

• Advertisement
Advertisement