Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭antseanoifig

I'm Clare based but flying back into Dublin on the 18th June. Would gladly pay someone to collect and park it safely in Dublin until I land on the 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

IIRC Tesla allow you to collect up to five days after your specified date. It's hidden away somewhere in the T&Cs but I'm pretty sure I've seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Where can you see the bank details for the transfer? Looking at the Tesla app and my account -I cannot see any account to send money to?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

They are public ally available on all financial docs they send you. Just make sure your RN No. is the reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭JOL1

I feel sure Tesla will accomodate you if you contact them with a request to collect on your return.. If it helps this is wording from your order agreement "You agree to schedule and take delivery of your Vehicle within one week of the Ready Date or, if earlier, the last day of the then current calendar quarter (in each case, the "Delivery Deadline")." but I would be surprised if they would not readily agree.

For others who are tempted to stretch delivery beyond 30th June I doubt if that would be accommodated and the wording above is specifically catering for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

just out of interest - did everyone getting delivery dates have a (non-hidden) VIN?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jasna1982

I only have a hidden VIN

Use my Tesla referral link for free charging credits: https://www.tesla.com/referral/jasna121868

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭elgicko

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Overdue

I have a question about the wallcharger - I have a new build with the following setup which is to accomodate EV wallchargers - does this change the cost of the wallcharger installation?

edit : picture

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭onemadcat

Agree with that - but as a result its making me rethink Tesla purchase right now - perhaps wait and see where this settles in next 6 months - I have been waiting this long - car originally ordered January - I am not too bothered at this stage - and considering alternatives to be honest and what my requirements really are at moment - I'll wait to see if Tesla actually deliver on their 4th delivery date given now 28th-30th June - if they miss this one Im definitely out and see if they firesale all the excess they likely will have in July

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭antseanoifig

Got sorted on chat this morning where a very helpful Emma accommodated a move to the 19th for me. Sh*t just got real 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 9,178 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Got it confirmed by webchat that they don't do Saturday deliveries. A bit annoying since it will be the most expensive car I'll have ever owned and need to take a very rare day off work for it but anyway. I guess it's like the Ryanair model of customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭shanethegriff

I have to schedule the collection of my M3P. They seem to have plenty of dates available between 19th to 21st June. I'm waiting to see if I can hold out till the following week to see if I get lucky with an incentive to collect like the end of March.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

In theory there’s a cable from that box back to the consumer unit.

Is it connected to a RCBO in the consumer unit or left loose?

It should in theory mean a cheaper install as no drilling etc required but you’re talking 30 mins less work and a small length of cabling. It would not be significant if you get me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

@hostoi @BlueUmbrella there was message on Telegram that discounted Teslas do not qualify for SEAI grant, as it depends on list price not including any discounts. Have you received your cars and if so did you get grant?

If there is anyone else in this situation, can they share experience please?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BlueUmbrella

Collection date booked next Monday - just received an email from Natalie at Tesla in the last few mins.

"Oopsy, we made a mistake and your car is now €57k as SEAI grant does not apply - please let us know if you still want to pick it up on Monday".

How do they keep making the same errors over and over again 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

Disclosure, I too am in the same boat, snagged a "discount" MYLR too.

Haven't gotten the email yet but I will I'm sure.

This is just blatant false advertising by Tesla. Very unfair of them to do this. Just glad I hadn't cancelled my original order yet

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

Good job Tesla emailed saying that ‘very rigorous controls had been put in place to ensure such a mistake would never happen to another customer again’ when they did same to me back in April.

I felt much better when they told me that and felt full confidence in them 😂.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Heinz57

Edited

• Registered Users Posts: 27 andholm

Hi Guys. Ordered a “base” RWD M3 (zero options) a couple of weeks ago and have no delivery date (just estimate May-June). Is this quite likely to not be filled by June? How long does it normally take to get a more precise date? Are the estimated date ranges normally reliable?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Heinz57

@pete wrote:

just out of interest - did everyone getting delivery dates have a (non-hidden) VIN?

Yes - VIN eventually appeared in the app, and things started moving fairly quickly after that (as in, request to pay off balance, then receiving date for collection).

I'm hoping it all goes to plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

I have no VIN in app and no hidden VIN on webpage, but got a message to schedule delivery around 20th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

I think in your case they are likely to be fairly reliable. White with black interior will be the most plentiful being shipped I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 hostoi

Yup, same here. Same exact car as yourself. Didn't get the email yet, but I talked to the delivery team in person and they confirmed this. Good thing my previous experience with the firesale made me not actually pay for the car, even though my delivery is in 2 days!

The thing is these cars seem to be stuck in a loop now until they can fix the issue. It's likely that they will keep going back to the inventory and people will keep ordering them instantly thinking they will get the grant, only to get told at a stage that is waaaay too late that they won't be getting the grant. I am thinking of adding a disclaimer to my inventory alert tool (teslaalerts.ie) so whenever such car becomes available I also warn people that they won't get the grant even though the website says so.

At least they are saying the discount itself is legitimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

That’s terrible.

How many times can a company falsely advertise a price. Take full payment of €50k+ and then two days before collection, cancel it before it’s just outright illegal.

And to compound things, they take 5 weeks or more to get the money back to you.

Id recommend you report it to the CCPC. They’re already investigating this issue and surely ‘oops it was a mistake’ can only wash so many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭rob w

Thats ridiculous carry on!! Sorry to hear thats happening to you guys.

Is this just a thing with 'discounted cars'? I am due to collect next Wednesday and in process of paying off now - grant form with me to sign at the monent too

Yup, this is the absolute worst part about this: people may cancel their other order, or pay in full for the discounted one then have their money stuck with Tesla for weeks, unable to pay for their other order when it comes in June. Either way, it's unacceptable to have to wait 1-2 months to get your refund.

Their comms are horrible, I suspected something might be wrong and I've walked into the Tesla showroom 3 times, talking to 3 different people, all of them telling me the order looks fine and the SEAI should be amended soon on my order page. They also "flagged it to the delivery team" numerous times. However, I got no response. I had to walk into the collection center (thankfully I leave nearby) and talk to the people there directly to find out about this. The guys in the collection center seem to be by far the most helpful and knowledgeable ones, everyone else knows absolutely nothing and is just making the situation worse!

• Advertisement

The issue is ONLY with cars where the full price is over 60k and the discount brings it under 60k. Tesla advertises the grant in that situation, but in reality the grant only applies if the non-discounted full price is under 60k. For normal order with no discount there are no issues, so don't worry. If you got the form to sign for SEAI, the grant is showing up on your order page and is reflected in the amount you have left to pay then everything is good with your order.

Advertisement