Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Baoithin66

Hi

Does anyone know if the K3 offer vehicle to grid or V2G and what is the cost of getting a hitch provided?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Has anyone purchased a rubber boot liner, preferably not the expensive official Niro branded one. From the likes of Amazon or Screwfix etc ?

See a few online for old Niros, not sure if the 2023 version boot is the same size.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 nami268

Finally collected this yesterday from Cork... ordered in early October 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭snor

It’s gorgeous. Congratulations. You will love it. Worth the wait. Happy and safe driving.

Collected my Niro K4 this week. Trying to charge at home with a sync ev socket charger and no luck at all. Starts charging and after a few seconds it stops, the car says charging interrupted. I've turned off the scheduled charging on the car and the smart charging on the app and still won't charge. Any tips would be greatly appreciated 😔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

There are 2 possible error messages with that according o the manual:

Charging interrupted. Check the charger

This warning message is displayed when charging is stopped for the reasons below: 僅 There is a problem with the external AC charger or DC charger. 僅 The external AC charger stopped charging 僅 The charging cable is damaged. If this occurs, check whether there is any problem with the external AC or DC charger and charging cable. If the same problem occurs when charging the vehicle with a well-functioning external charger or genuine Kia portable charger, have your vehicle inspected by an authorized Kia dealer/ service partner.

Charging interrupted. Please check the cable connection

This warning message is displayed for the reasons below: 僅 The charging connector is not correctly connected to the charging inlet. 僅 The charging connector lock release button is pressed. If this occurs, separate the charging connector and re-connect it. Check whether there is any problem (external damage, foreign substances, etc.) with the charging connector and charging inlet. If the same problem occurs when charging the vehicle with a replaced charging cable or genuine Kia portable charger, we recommend that you have your vehicle inspected by an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.

Did you use an extension cable? First thing I'd do is try a different socket, then a different charger.

Thank you so much for this @stimpson . The car and the charger are both new. This is my first time charging since I collected it. Im not using an extension just straight into the charging unit. I will try to go to a public charger and see if it works there. I'm waiting on the tech support team from SyncEV to get back to me as well.

Post edited by nami268 on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Parents picking up their K4 this week. Ordered end of January. They were flexible on the colour so gave a few choices when ordering. Mineral Blue is the one that came in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,772 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Took a test drive today. Thought it was cramped. Seats were small not very comfortable.

My family are over 6 foot with some with more growth potential. We'd be stuck with the ceiling height.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kenetic

Sounds similar to an issue I had with a 2 week old Niro, about 30 seconds after starting an AC charge I was getting a 'Charging Failed' notification. The car was charging on DC Fast chargers but not on any AC charger. After finally getting the fault diagnosed the onboard charging unit needed replacing. There's a couple of threads about the charging issue on the KiaOwners forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Any way to estimate delivery time? I was told by a Kia dealer today it would be a couple of months, whereas Hyundai are clear I wouldn't get a new Ioniq until January. Not sure how reliable "couple of months" is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

My folks did a test drive two weeks ago and are collecting this week. I'd say shop around, they had a choice of just 2 colours. Was in Bandon

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Anyone else regularly get a forward collision detection failure? Pretty much always happens travelling on the N11 towards Stillorgan, as you pass St John of Gods. Some kind of electrical interference. Seems to be a pretty common occurrence with the eNiro. It's not too impactful - more of an annoyance. Goes away after restarting the car. Some have reported that it doesn't occur after a software update, but we're running the latest software and still happens pretty much every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yep.. used to get it on Griffith Ave opposite the morgue/old Garda station… now get it in Finglas at Clearwater

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Don't confuse infotainment software with car systems software

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭snor

Yes. Get the alert and message about the forward detection failure, followed immediately by alert and message for lane safety system then Speed limit system then HBA system and then inattentive driving system. So 5 alerts and 5 messages in quick succession.

Happens at least 2/3 times a week. Haven’t noticed if it’s area specific but def happened yesterday in a side road coming into my estate.

I had it back in the garage for this problem and heat not working last week. Car is new since Jan 23. They did an update and didn’t solve either problem. Have to leave it back in To get heat fixed (4/5 day job) and couldn’t find issue with alerts.

V annoying as daughter due to sit driving test in this car and these alerts going off will not look good!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There's a few people on the UK Kia Owners Club and SpeakEV forums having the same issues and always on the same stretches of road. Possibly electronic interference of some sort but also maybe bad road surfaces causing dodgy electrical connections to fail. Nobody seems to know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

I get it on the m2 coming into Belfast most times I pass. There is something that annoys it, it's usually at the samish spot.

The error clears itself after a while.

If it's pinging at the same-ish spot each time it's something in the environment that's triggering it, as it doesn't trust it's own radar it falls back to the human behind the wheel to keep things correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Evilcamper

I picked up my EV K4 on Friday. According to the dealership this is the last batch for the year and they wont get any more K4s till mid next year. Makes me think they are focusing on the K3 for now. Had to get the green instead of the blue or gray choices but happy enough given I ended up avoiding all the price increases after October for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

A different salesman could tell you a different story. I heard similar from one dealer and drove one home 4 weeks later from another.

It's quite extraordinary the mis-information with Kia. Is there the same with other brands ?

Mine was the first new car I ever bought, so I had no idea as to what to expect

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Evilcamper

I was wondering about that since our friend was told the Kia EV4 would be available for orders this month from Kia Liffey Valley and when she went back was told it would be another 18 months before they would be announced as a car. I ordered from Kia Dundrum so was a different story anyway. A neighbour works for Kia Ireland and it seems like they are not clued in about what is coming in either as he was not sure what exactly the head office plans were. Makes me wonder at times if its communication from Kia that's causing the confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭OO7FITZY

Anyone getting persistent "Network Error" whenever they click on status in the UVO app

the app has not worked for a few days now and never had an issue in the past

any thoughts on what the issue is? my wifi and broadband are all working fine and I have not made any changes to routers or added new devices etc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Just press in the reset button by the volume knob eg with a pen and it should connect again

• Registered Users Posts: 10,455 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Taking my eNiro to Northern Spain next week. Have latest infotainment update. Anyone know if the maps extend to mainland Europe?

Surely you can look now by dragging the map around

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

The maps are terrible in any case which really is a shame. So many places are wrong in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Just use Google maps. You can cache a map before you go and won’t have to worry about data.

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6291838?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Who worries about data in 2023?

Advertisement