Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Was Plucky Squire the adventure game thing where the characters were going between story book and 3D? That looked great.

Yeah Foamstars is a complete ripoff of Splatoon, that was funny. Doesn’t look That great tbh.

Was watching the showcase with my eldest and he got all excited about the Five Nights at Freddy’s trailer, until it turned out to be some VR game. 😂 Sister Location 2 or something he was hoping for. No clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

It was originally called Project Leonardo, but I think it's now simply the PS Access.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,046 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yep, that was Plucky Squire. Looked really well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Not a *bad* showing overall - but would have to admit it feels a bit underwhelming given the long build up to this showcase, and the hype and expectation that was building around it. Some interesting new games revealed by Sony's studios, but those seemed to be mostly the live service stuff and it's hard to know much about that until we see more of it in action. Was very surprising imo that Spiderman was the only of Sonys 1st party single player games that got showed, Can't believe "Factions" wasn't there at all either, I thought they said a while back that they'd be ready to show it off in the summer.

In terms of positives, Spiderman looks fantastic as you would expect, can't wait for that. Also MGS3 is one of my favorite games of all time, so that remake is something I'm really looking forward to. Pity it was so heavily leaked, as that reveal would have been amazing if people weren't waiting on it. The Phantom Blade game looks really interesting too. A few other smaller titles that look very interesting, but they seem like the usual "State of Play" fodder, and that's not to say that they're bad - but there were so many of those kind of games here, and at a showcase you'd usually expect alot more big titles(especially after so long having said nothing)

Overall though, I thought alot of their studios were supposed to have something ready to show, but most of them missing - makes me wonder could there be another showcase later in the year(similar to 2020) - I mean, it can't be another 18 months after that!

Meh, other than Spider-Man. I was completely contradicting myself watching the spidey clip. Initially saying I hope they havent messed with it too much and then saying this is just a DLC pack.

They've definitely blurred the lines between interactive "hit square now" cut scenes and actual game play. With the take downs having a cut scene look and feel to them.

I'm back to thinking they've messed with it too much. In a Jurassic World kind of way. But it's Spider-man, I'll take it.

But overall a pretty poor show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭recyclops

Sadly underwhelming ,mgs will be class as its a great game but it's not exclusive, same with Alan Wake.

Wanted some silent hill 2 but sadly not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

No Factions was a big disappointment, but maybe they're holding it for Keighley's SGF show as that's where Druckmann first talked about it last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Few outlets reporting it's the original voice cast alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Either Sony or Beat Games have messed up. Beat Saber cannot be found to download for VR2. Also, Queen pack.

Edit: It's available on the desktop store: https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP5067-PPSA15035_00-BEATSABERFULLPS5

Was able to Add to Library and clicked Download from Library. Turned on my PS5 and it started downloading.

Post edited by Potential-Monke on

• Registered Users Posts: 29,821 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Fairly boring up until the Snake Eater reveal, that caught me by surprise. Hopefully not waiting too long for that.

Final Fantasy XVI continues to look impressive.

Alan Wake 2 looks class, must check out the original before it comes out. Nice to see Same Lake pop up.

Yupp, that's definitely an assassin's creed game alright. If it goes back to the old style gameplay, might be worth checking out.

Symbiote Spidey, **** ya!! Gameplay looked cool but it was mostly button prompts. Still absolutely getting it though.

Sickened no Factions or Silent Hill. The Geoff is our only hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,246 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Decent enough showcase, most of it wouldn't interest me purely because I don't have time to play that many games but I wouldn't say it was bad. Not everything will appeal to everyone. Add in a handful of games from Microsoft's announcement along with what developers announce stuff at Summer Game Fest and you'll have plenty of good stuff to choose from.

Phantom Blade Zero looked quite interesting.

Can't wait for Alan Wake II. My brain is a bit fuzzy on the story of it I'll need a handy YouTube summary. I couldn't get into Control so I hope the fact that Control and Alan Wake are apparently in the same universe doesn't make things confusing. HUGE let down that it's apparently digital only! You'd think James McCaffrey would try to not sound like Max Payne haha.

Also looking forward to Spiderman. The first game and Miles Morales are two of my favourite games from the last few years, it's probably one of the first games since GTA V where I genuinely found myself getting every collectable and side mission I could do just to get more time with the game. Are all the boroughs in it now or just Queens?

Post edited by DaveyDave on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Spiderman looks like the last 2 and as far as I'm concerned happy with that.

I won't hold my breath with the mgs remake as it's kanomi and we'll I don't trust them. plus with recent ports I won't be going for the PC version.

Hopefully the hd remasters are on ps plus I'll play the that way

Too soon to be saying Spidey 2 looks like DLC since it uses the same map?

😃

It looked like Queens was there so hopefully that's a big enough new area.

As someone who only knows Watch Dogs from trailers and some gameplay videos, there were a couple of times where I thought a new one was being announced.

Like that Fairgame$ where a few times it looked like they were magically sliding along the ground. But apparently that whole thing was cgi with no gameplay.

Ha. I was convinced that it was a sequel to Watch Dogs 2 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Having a very irritating issue tonight. I got logged out earlier this evening, I am trying to log back in but my 2sv codes are taking so long to arrive, my login attempt expires. I have no way of getting into the account on the console, app or browser which is driving me mental.

Has anyone has this issue before?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Had the same myself a while back, only solution was to just wait a bit and the codes were delivering instantly again.

While this isn’t any help to you at the minute, when you do manage to log back in change your 2FA from your mobile number to an authenticator app. There’s no waiting around, you’ll always have a code ready to use instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I finally managed to get in last night and made some changes, jesus it was so frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just on the 2FA, I think you've to remove it first to then re-add it as using an app. I don't think you can change it while it's already set to phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jj880

I use google authenticator on as many of my accounts as I can. Too much spent in them for some bollocks to hijack.

Random question but can you use a save from a digital game on a physical copy and vice versa? I know you couldn't on some PS4 games like Infamous Second Son.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

So after sending away a Dualsense for stick drift repair just a week ago, they’re after sending me back what appears to be a brand new controller (not boxed though). There’s no signs of wear on any part of it.

Pretty decent of Sony tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Days of Play sale June 2nd

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/05/29/days-of-play-2023-sale-kicks-off-on-june-2/?sf267020140=1

One question I have about that Project Q, is there any mention of what is used instead of the touchpad?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,617 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I was wondering that too. I know very few games use the swipe gestures on the touchpad, but a lot of games at least use pressing the left or right side for map/pause etc. I thought there might be buttons on the back or a rear touchpad similar to the Vita but doesn't look to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Probably the screen itself. They can't leave that functionality out, no matter how they shoehorne it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

So will ye be getting anything during the Days of Play event?

I will be getting a PS+ subscription and maybe a new controller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,821 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I look forward to The Last of Us Part 1 going on sale from 80 euro down to 75 euro.

Advertisement