Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I'm looking for a large sieve, large enough to hold 1k or so of rice etc at a time, anyone seen them around?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

If the ones in the regular household shops aren't big enough, try Tommy Vardens Catering Supplies on the Tuam Rd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭what_traffic

If you are based in Galway City Bredabe - you might even get it delivered same day if you put the order in early.Got some pizza paddles a few years ago, about 3 hours later I seen the Tommy Varden van pass the house; thought it was just a coincidence!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

best value for 10+ boys bike?... Marrey Cycles are decent folk so leaning towards them, not interested in Halfords or yer man in Terryland after dealing with himself just the once!... will drop into West Side Cycles as well, anyone else? oh, forgot about Davy Mullins in Tuam..

Post edited by jkforde on

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 12,141 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Walshes in Woodquay? There is a bike place beside Monroes pub never been in it so cannot tell ya if they have Childrens bikes

• Registered Users Posts: 25,118 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

You might get some bargins there, closing down in about 5/6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Willemijn

I'm looking for a GP. I have moved a few months ago so do not have one yet. I know I should have arranged this sooner but I'm neurodiverse and planning ahead is a thing I still struggle with.

I have mental health issues so walk in is no option - I need to be able to see the same person regularly. I mainly need it as some therapy programmes need me to have a GP as a criterium to be allowed.

I've already called loads of practises but nobody is taking in people or they are not even answering. Tried Galway, Moycullen, Oughterard as I'm in that general area.

Any tips or tricks? I know this is a national problem but any thoughts are appreciated as it is an exhausting journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Redkite200

Does anyone know of a solicitor in town that won't charge a fortune to notarise a document? We need to have a certificate simply signed/stamped to correct an error and have it re-issued and was hoping to not have to pay a fortune for that service as I know some firms can charge for breathing in their company. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

I've had a signature witnessed by https://www.banesolicitors.ie/ a couple of times. I can't remember whether it was €10 or €20 but it wasn't expensive either way. Don't know what's involved in your situation regarding reissuing a certificate but it's worth asking there.

Anyone know where to get machine was in clothing dye?, now that Hickeys in town is closed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Stitches on Eyre street have it

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Bosupe

Does anyone know where to get yellow sticky traps for fungus gnats in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭spud65

anyone have any contact details for the people that do the dog training on Sunday's in the gaa pitches across from atu (gmit). thanks

Has anyone seen wooden hair brush and combes around? full wood, not just wooden handled.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Looking for Sweetpea plants in Galway city or nearby.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,118 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Said before a repair cafe of some sort is urgently needed in Galway. Saw a sign earlier Ashe Road, Shantalla about a Men's Shed Repair Shop. Anyone know what it is and what they take/fix?

• Advertisement

We enquired about woodwork and they were happy to do that, I assume that like most places they dont do electrical/gas items.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,

Anywhere that sells hard rubber/silicone French door holder- something that keeps the French door open but prevents it from swinging.

Similar to this- https://www.etsy.com/ie/listing/1210748077/french-door-stay-door-holder-patio-door?ref=cart

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Looking for House Cleaner West of City, to help with older person's home. Might need bit of a deep clean first, nothing crazy though. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

@mods - maybe change thread title to include county?

looking for a plastic barrel for the power washer, anyone know of some place that has these spare or that are waste that would love to get rid of them?

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Thread title edited, thanks for the reminder

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭boogaloop

I'm looking for Clear ears water absorbing ear plugs please. Boots used to stock them but don't seem to anymore.

Has anyone spotted these in any chemists around town please?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭tmh106

There is (was?) a bike shop in Moycullen, called MBW. I have some credit with them from a few years ago (Bike To work Scheme) but the telephone number I have for them is showing as invalid and Facebook and Instagram pages don't seem to have been updated recently. Does anyone know if they are still in business?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭martin6651

MBW closed last year

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭tmh106

Looking for a recommendation for someone to do basic bike maintenance and repairs in Galway city. Have used MBW in the past, but as they are closed need to find someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,141 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I used your man above Preloved Appliances in Town Parks on the Tuam Rd a few months ago. Needed a tire change and a new rear mudguard. Was fast and efficient.

Advertisement