Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2023 **No Ticket Sales / Requests ** - It'll be grand

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,619 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

to be honest its just the repetition this year that is the most disappointing.

billie eilish, dermot kennedy, jonny marr, jamie xx are all high billers who have played within the last 4 EPs... and thats not counting lewis capaldi, young fathers, ham sandwich and the murder capital who all also played with that period but were lower down the pecking order (probably)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Defo. Question I have tickets for REM by Stipe at whelans. Anyone ever seen them play?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭GentleHumour

Bought tix for Beyond The Pale few weeks ago, off the back of the disappointment with the EP full announcement. Really looking forward to BTP, and it’s where my energy is focused for now.

Have tix for EP, but the crowd I usually go with has dwindled significantly post-announcement. Some are out completely, others very non-committal. A first for our group. I’ll probably still go though - with current head space being that this will be my last, especially if BTP does the business.

Oh - and for those of you going to Forest Fest…I have it on good authority that the surprise special guest on the Saturday is Sister Sledge. Some top notch disco added to the stellar Indie lineup. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Back again with more ticket selling questions.

Firstly, pink moon informed me that if I want to sell back to them I'd only be due a 50% refund as we are now within 6 months of the festival. They said you are not allowed to sell to a third party but what other choice do I have if they are not giving a refund. Has anyone ever sold their pink moon to someone else or bought from someone else? Any issues doing this or do I just send on my confirmation email and details or whatever?

Secondly, ticket resale option is up on Ticketmaster which would probably be handiest. But does anyone know when I would get the money? Hopefully would not have to wait until the festival is over but can't imagine I'd get it instantly either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Having sold some event tickets on Ticketbastard, you do have to wait till after the event.

• Advertisement

Ugh not the answer I was hoping for. But thanks! If I preferred to sell these elsewhere what options do I have, as I believe tickets won't appear until a few days before the event?

edit: anyway, have just stuck the two person pink moon tent up for sale on toutless if anyone is looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

Hello everyone.

Thing that's really concerning me about Forest Fest is 1) will I get bored looking at the one stage all day and 2) no-one can tell me what the camping is like. I'm afraid of it being a bit Craggy Island.

Have to keep reminding myself that James are playing, and it'll be grand.

Snarky Snark Snark

it looks like it was pretty basic but there's sh1tters and showers so that'll do.

there's a worrying picture on their camping page stating 1lt of spirits or 24 cans of beer (https://forestfest.ie/camping-at-forest-fest-everything-you-need-to-know/), yeah right lads, challenge accepted

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭crl84

Most festivals these days have the 24 cans or 1L of spirits (or 2 bottles of wine) limit.

Pure nonsense, and I find it hard to believe that various county councils across the country are all independently coming up with the same limits as part of the application process, and not that festival organisers are just copying each other with their FAQs.

It's not enforced at any festivals I've been to over the years, might be different if you're blatantly taking the piss with the amount you're bringing in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

Does anyone know if the Roadhouse Doors are returning to play this year? Sorely missed last year as they're usually my kick-off act at the Salty Dog with a can or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

No one can answer that really until Salty Dog publishes the gig schedule, you could message the band I suppose in social media.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Sister Sledge are down to play Phoenix, Arizona on the Saturday of Forest Fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

I sold my early birds through them and was paid about 2 weeks after the sale so I doubt you'd have to wait until after the event.

on the stage thing, while there is absolutely NO comparison between EP and forest fest, its isn't exactly Feile either where everyone is within one stadium.

while in 2022 the main stage was at the end of a football pitch, there were 2 other decent stages under canopys which would fit 1000, and a 3rd circus tent a kin to jerry fish one from last years EP. Now, these are all within the complex of 'Emo GAA' so theres no real sense of exploration, but there certainly will be more than one stage to visit.

with the increase of capacity from 5,000 to 10,000 this year im really hoping the area will be expanded, an greater distances between stages. There will certainly have to be at least 2 new stages included this year, based on the number of acts named (54 last year, including DJs, to 94 this year, without DJs)

this screen grab from the promo vid on their site gives you a good idea of the set up:

you can see the main stage (forest stage) to the extreme right, and the other two stages to the left (finnegans wake stage looks like teh circus tent, and the Village stage is on teh extreme left).

you can also see that there is a practically a whole second football pitch not used. id envisage this will be utilised a lot more this year, with hopefully a couple of more stages.

so while everything's compact theres enough to encourage a bit of wandering.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

Fair play to them for getting it going all the same, in not sure who exactly is involved in the organisation of it, but it does seem to have plenty of community involvement. I'd guess they have a specific promoter/booker on board this time with the different acts and the large expansion. Will hopefully get to it some year.

Thanks. Yeah I put them up for sale and got an email within 2 mins saying they were both sold and that I'd receive my money within 13-17 days. Happy enough with that to be fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

Demand is still quite high amongst the younger folk. It's quite the hot ticket so far this year.

Tina Turner has left the building, sad news but a good age at 83 and was expected as she'd been in poor health the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭rockterrain

I was a bit surprised at this suggestion myself. They'd done a good job positioning themselves as a more serious music festival. The addition of Sister Sledge would push it more towards Forever Young territory and it would seem a bit of an own goal. Surely they can do better. The poster seemed relatively certain on it though..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Sister Sledge, the new Chic?

Thinking of You, We Are Family, Lost in Music, He’s the Greatest Dancer, etc. Stunning pop music and I’d welcome them at any festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭GentleHumour

Re Sister Sledge at FF; it was said to me on the weekend by someone very close to the festival, and involved in setup for it.

Pulled them up on it yesterday after ‘Thundercats Ho’ post. They seemed a little perplexed tbh. I think that Arizona gig was added very recently, like in the last week, so maybe FF were binned off?

I’ll keep ya posted if they firm up on something concrete…

(Feel like the Irish Times running a fake-tan article without double checking sources)

Snarky Snark Snark

They'd done a good job positioning themselves as a more serious music festival.

humm, im not sure id exactly refer to a festival with Nik Kershaw, the proclaimers, Suzanne vega, Gabrielle and Big Country as "serious". i think its been very well curated to attract a certain demography this year, and different from last years which was very irish heavy.

This years is very much a 'nostalgia' theme aimed at that 30-50, with enough to keep the younger crowd interested, both indie and country / folk, with very decent headliners

There was a point though in the early Picnics where it looked like Hot Chip had a residency with EP, playing almost every year at the festival, so its nice that they've spread themselves around a bit, I think they played ATN in 2019 and BTP this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Da Neck

Howiyez, haven't been on the forum in a min but here's the latest Gurriers single. See yas all at EP for a smelly wan, GRMA

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭rockterrain

I'm not saying it wouldn't be a bit of craic. Would seem to tip the balance away from more indie rock to pop/cheese elements though. Too much imo. Would love another indie/rock heavy hitter more in the vein of the current headliners. But either way it's shaping up to be a very solid line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Bought tickets for Cala Mijas festival in Spain the weekend of EP. Fewer acts than EP, but much more appealing in terms of quality. Can't wait. Be interesting to see what it's like camping in the heat though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Saw Charlie Cunningham in Other Voices stage 2017 really enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Is there consensus on who has the best line up this year? Mad Cool looks like it from me. I'd put it ahead of even Glasters. Even moreso as tickets were 195 quid. In hindsight should have given this a go methinks.

• Advertisement

Not a camping festival though, same as All Points East, Longitude and Forbidden Fruit its a Madrid city festival so you have to book accommodation separately.

Advertisement