Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

If you want me to quote bad times, I can quote an awful lot worse than the last few years. The difference was those teams were always outgunned and any positive result was worth waiting for. This team has enough players and the backup is leagues ahead of previous generations.

The current bunch were shown what needed to be done by Liam Cahill but they said no thanks, we prefer a hug and a pat on the back. Did they respond to getting what they wanted? Did they ****. It’s the county boards fault, it’s the injuries (why is it half our players get soft tissue injuries just when the training is being ramped up?) and then there’s my favourite, the puck out strategy is all wrong. How’s this for a puck out strategy: win at least 50% of the ball that comes your way, learn how to catch or pick cleanly, if you are 40 yards out and unmarked put the ball between the posts instead of wide for a change.

There is no inter county match after Sunday for 9 months yet the club championship won’t start until the end of July. Is hurling too much of a chore for these fellas? It looks to me like the object of the exercise is to get it out of way as quickly as possible. I don’t have any issue with fellas not having the dedication for inter county but **** off so and don’t expect me to be giving my Sundays and money to support them.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Davy will have his usual response of 'I know they lads will bounce back etc'

Unless he decides he wants to leave then we're stuck with him for 2024. Don't think anyone in our County Board have the balls to investigate and sack him. After all Pauric Fanning had the blessing of the County Board to stay on until he resigned

I'm sure the players are past the 'disappointment' and are looking forward to there few pints and get togethers.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭decies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭914

Is this more bollocks, knowing lads are injured and still putting their name on the team sheet.

If it is, it is juvenile stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

More like lads dropping like flies so they don’t get injured and miss out on the summer in america

Either way this is descending into a farce

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Montys return

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

Conor Prunty had an operation on an ankle injury. Probably likely to miss the entire club championship.

But sure, he’s getting ready for America.

Michael Kiely has had a horrible time lately, been in hospital for nearly 2 weeks with a blood infection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

That was smart on Fitzgerald's part to take him in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭tommylad1212

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Better be careful laying da full blame with da management…..😡

By the way what’s the crack with Walsh Park when is it due to be finished I thought it was next year but I saw in 42.ie it is 2025?

Possibly phase 1 will be done for July of this year with it hosting club games

The whole GAA scene in this county is a **** mess atm. Maybe Thurles/Cork as our home venue again next year if Walsh Park will still be a building site

There was supposedly no grants available unless the redevelopment was going to be completed on a phased basis.

How it can be so different from the likes of the Páirc Uí Chaoimh redevelopment I have no idea.

They won’t tell us the full story till after the season tickets are sold . It will be a hard sell next year away in Ennis and limerick and 2 in thurles .

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Deiselurker

I won't be heading up either tomorrow as have enough of demoralizing defeats at this stage and having to watch the dire tactics under the current management. It's no surprise we haven't scored a goal so far in championship when we only have 1 man in the full forward line a lot of the time. The team line up is ridiculous too. There's a player starting in the forwards who should have been taken off at half time v Clare after hitting a load of wides but he gets another chance on Sunday. When you see what Clare v Cork and Tipperary v Limerick produced last Sunday you can see how far off the pace we are.

I don’t blame anyone for leaving it off this weekend. Nothing to play for, yet again, the expense of it, the lack of fight, the crazy tactics. I don’t know whether to admire or question the sanity of those who are going outside of players families maybe.

I would be expecting a number of changes to the named team Sunday, fringe players will get chances. Not sure why he’s named what he has as it pisses people off for no reason.

I presume you’re referring to Monty above (apologies if you’re not). His shooting has really deserted him currently, but I think he’s been one or our better performers overall in the campaign. If he could have found his scoring touch he’d have had an excellent campaign. Played midfield against Limerick & reverted to wing back at times too during games. Wouldn’t be shocked to see him there again this weekend.

The WLR commentary will also be a tough listen. I don't give a toss where they player works and if his parents are out milking the cows etc

Twitter updates while a real game of Hurling between Limerick and Cork happens

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Rustyman101

Anyone any idea why I cant print or transfer 4 tickets for tomorrows match, I'm not going but want to pass them on FOC but cant print or transfer.

Wonder has it anything to with the fact there are shedloads of tickets to buy on the site, whatever the reason its p* poor that I cant pass on 4 tickets ?

Will screen shots work ?

Add them to Google Wallet/Pay, screenshot them and send

Screenshot should work as the GAA tickets are not the animated codes yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭hurlaway

Doesn't make him wrong about the players always been let off the hook and the manager taking most of the blame

Offaly and Carlow a good game and wouldn't look out of place beating us

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭waterfordgirl

Was thinking similar - a great game, both teams dying in their boots

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

My father started bringing me to County games when I was a kid in the 90s. I loved everything about it, the noise, the team we had were brilliant to watch, it was savage. I'd go home and spend hours practicing, hurling was the best thing ever. I have young kids now and I was mad to bring them to games hoping they'd take to it the same way, they love a puck around but they don't enjoy travelling to County games cos they've seen us getting killed too many times and teams giving up. Who would blame them? So yeah me and the father are going to Limerick for a big atmosphere and hopefully a good game, cos we want to be entertained and I've sat through enough shite hurling from us this year thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JD. 60

Hard to know what to expect from this match ..... Tipp threw everything at Limerick last week ; how they do motivate themselves to the same degree against a team already doomed ; they probably won't beat us out the gate, so.

On the other hand, can the unthinkable happen, i.e. Waterford will win ! Just as a rout would hasten Davy's departure, a win would prolong the reign. At the very least, Waterford need to 'put in a performance' but I thought the same for Cork & Clare matches. With nothing left to lose, Davy should throw caution to the wind but you fear that you will end up covering your eyes as the game goes on.

Nil desperandum !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

The outcome that will hasten Firzgerald’s departure is required despite how depressing it will be to witness….😡

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭loves_me_county_boy

As bad as it sounds I do hope we get a hammering again today so Davy has no choice to leave or county board give him his marching orders. Worst thing to happen is we go out and beat tipp which will just in turn paper over the cracks and means we’re left with him for another year. Long time season ticket holder and haven’t missed a game in years but didn’t even bother making the trip today just don’t have the heart for it unfortunately. Something big needs to change or we’re looking at a seriously bad few years ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Glenomra

As a Clareman reading that, I find it very sad. Waterford when playing well are one of the great ornaments of hurling. Produced some of the most inspirational instinctive hurlers that I have ever seen. Quite simply they can only play well when playing off the cuff imo. Not the type of player like limerick have currently athletic, strong, skilful but willing to play a programmed system. I also am going to the Gaelic grounds. Regardless of performances the atmosphere pre match will be fabulous . Hopefully Waterford recovers soon. Hurling needs them.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JD. 60

Galway right know are starting to look like Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭seananigans

did he ****, it looked better to let him resign

Advertisement