Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭threetrees

I'm quite looking forward to the chav wedding! Gemma's style and makeup is really awful! The actor who plays her Dolly Rose Campbell is pretty and does her makeup completely opposite.

Can't really see where the storylines will go with Craig. Maybe his OCD will return as he tries to cope without Faye.

Wasn't Craig present at the birth of Miley? I think Faye went into labour and Craig had to find her mum who didn't know she was pregnant. I don't think that was mentioned during Mileys visit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,824 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I have my theories that Craig could end up with his colleague Jess copper lady ( actor Donnaleigh Bailey) who helped him with his OCD and got him a promotion that time in the force - but i dont know what storyline they could have for the both of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,752 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

How about it comes out that Craig helped cover up a crime and gets sent down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

He’ll probably have a scene where he rugby tackles Stephen while arresting him for his murders while Stephen keeps shouting “this is ludicrous”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Can’t believe they are getting rid of Paul. I really like his character. There’s loads of others like Brian Craig or Summer I’d prefer to leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,607 ✭✭✭prunudo

Wouldn't surprise me, he's currently off our screens at the moment but I believe the plan is for the culmination of his story will be in the second half of the year with him leaving before end of 2023.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

The actor who plays Paul is great, those other actors wouldn’t be able to carry this story. I’d say it’s an honour for the actor to be given such an emotional and heartbreaking story. He won’t be long getting more work, would like to see him in a good drama series,

that breathing the Paul actor does when he is upset (big gasps) makes me feel out of breath! i feel like hyperventilating!

It really cannot be good for the actors health either breathing like that.

He is playing the part good though (a tad annoying not telling everyone though and getting it out in the open) but i suppose thats what happens with some people in life... if I had it or similar I would be telling everyone I would be pulling in the postman and random strangers off the streets and telling them haha 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

I can understand him not wanting to tell people, especially his mum and his twin sister, just before her wedding. He doesn’t want to be a burden and tbh I’d be exactly the same,

some people, especially close people, would rather you did tell people instead of hearing it from someone/somewhere else - he has been caught out with Billy , look how that went trying to keep it away from him.

I would hope ches and gemma would postpone the wedding (... please for all our sakes - i dont think I can bare watch those episodes where they get married ,,,, cringe!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

Paul is playing a blinder so far. Got me in the feels in tonight's episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 keelers0401

New boards.ie user here. Can’t believe I didn’t make one years ago.

Peter Ash is playing this part brilliantly, what a great actor. I cried during the end of last nights episode :(

I can’t wait to see the Platts reaction to finding out Stephen is a crazy murderer, especially after the OTT drama they’ve endured their whole lives, and with Richard.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I wonder if Damon is going to be one of Stephen's victims? I've seen the actor who plays Damon talk several times about his family being in Australia and it all sounds like he's not sticking around long term. Now I'm seeing that his affair with Sarah is apparently going to be revealed much sooner than we expected, so I'm wondering will Uncle Stephen have a quiet word in his ear once the truth comes out.

Funny you bring that up, the Richard story currently happening in classic Coronation st. I can't quiet remember how far we are from the end but he's currently trying to convince everyone that Audrey is loosing her marbles.

Also Tracy has arrived back and just bedded Dev plus Ciaran has made a reappearance.

Far better viewing if I do say so.

Sally Dynevor is 60 today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Itv3 in the mornings, about 7am. Could be on other channels too or other times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

ITV3 - two 30 minute episodes every afternoon Monday to Friday and on ITVX catchup!

I'm a fan.

Richard arrived on the scene roughly in June 2001 for Alma's Funeral.

He married Gail in July 2002.

His campaign against Audrey started that Autumn.

Maxine was murdered in January 2003 and his watery exit was in March 2003.

In Classic Corrie he arrived September 2022 and we currently approaching New Years Day 2003. So, there isn't long left.

Lot's of the Richard Storyline is available here.

• Advertisement

I don't know if its rose tinted glasses or because I have a vague recollection of the stories, but the episodes seem to pass along at a nice pace, a lot happens and every story doesn't seem to have to be drawn out.

On a side note, never noticed Gails chest before!

How many days a week was it on back then? The schedule changes, 4 eps a week, 3 × hour long a week etc. etc. hasn't always made for better quality of episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,307 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sarah confesses to Adam as little Harry sees her kiss Damon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭threetrees

The MND story is heartbreaking. I thought it was realistic that Gemma says to Paul "what's that?". Not everyone knows MND is short for motor neurone disease. The story is being played really well by all the actors, Peter Ash is really good! Always had a soft spot for Apollo!

That was a very big soap wedding it was one of the first soap weddings to appear in Hello Magazine.(I think)

From my memory early 2000's was Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday and then it changed to two on Monday and one on Wednesday and Friday.

Why the **** can't soap writers for once, just bring the bad guy to justice, always making contrived storylines, oh here's Justin's sister, lets bad mouth Daisy in front of her, oh now she blabs to the lawyer.

Justin is a scumbag and deserves to be locked up for a longtime, regardless of what type of person Daisy is.

Equally, the Crystal story is bs, what happened to Ryan is beyond awful, but as usual the writers make a balls of it, and try to drag it out way longer and way of point that leads to the original message being lost.

Similar to the Seb hate attack, ended up being about Imran and Abi

My worry with the acid attack story was that once they made Ryan the actual victim of it, that Daisy would get pushed to the side, and that's kind of what's happened.

The stalking story was Daisy's story, but once it reached its culmination there's been no continuation of that for her. I don't think she's gotten the chance to express a single feeling about it all since the episodes where it happened. And worse, they've had her do this silly Crystal thing, which feels like they're doubling down on implying she's a horrible person. I thought that might at least lead to some revelation during the court case (similar to what they seem to be doing with the Alya thing) but nope, it's just a very weird plot line. I could even see past it it if it was what led to Ryan and Daisy developing feelings for each other, but she's been very platonic in all her messaging, and he's invented the entire relationship in his head, so again... what's the point of it?

I'm still hoping them completely ignoring Daisy's side of things after the event has been deliberately done and she's going to snap and have a mental breakdown because she's been ignoring it or something, but the longer it goes on the more I think nope, they've just dropped her from her own story.

It’s a great storyline. I was only a young child when it aired, 5/6 years old, so I vaguely remember it but I remembered it being creepy af back then to me. Can’t believe I’m watching it on my Smart TV 20 years later 🤣

I had to tune ITV3 into my Sky Box and I cannot pause or record them, so I can only watch them live, so if I miss two episodes a day because I’m in work, out with friends or my family I miss it and that’s that. Sure I can get them on youtube but they are bad quality. Have you figured out a way to pause and record ITV3 on sky??

• Advertisement

Peter Ash’s acting has been phenomenal all week so far! Honourable mentions to Gemma, Bernie, Billy and the fantastic child Joseph whose acting have been brilliant too. It’s so sad

Advertisement