Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Watching episode 3 now. Definitely dumb fun. Arnie is looking a bit creaky though

• Registered Users Posts: 31,691 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Seems they're officially unrelated to each other anyway - no shared story creation credits or anything. Seems both are decent craic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭jj880

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭dublin49

Just watched the 4 parter Inside Man,there are grand canyon size plot holes but if you take that on board it is quiet enjoyable,great cast with Tennant and the ever watchable Tucci in good form .Qualified thumbs up if you can accept some clunky plot swings and plenty of cliche characters.IMDB at 6.6 is about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I’ve seen one. All others seem to be that movie just with a different woman in it.

I’ve been told that is an accurate assessment.

So it is more accurate to say “I don’t need to see a film with Statham in it.

I read an interview with him years ago. I can’t remember the details except that he thinks he is a talented thespian - I’m certain he called himself a thespian. .I don’t begrudge him the success - fair play to be able to get away with it.

• Advertisement

I knew Arnie was doing a series but for some reason I thought it was a sequel to TRUE LIES - with Jamie Lee Curtis and others back.

When I found out they not the same project I was looking forward to both but apparently the wife in the TRUE LIES series finds out the secret in the first episode and becomes a secret agent. Where is the fun that?

So I am hoping FUBAR is classic Arnie fun.

I got an email yesterday about sharing Netflix in a Household and outside the home can only be on mobile devices.

Have Netflix announced a date when they will enforce this? I asked two support agents on the live chat but neither seemed to understand and they waffled about something irrelevant.

They wouldn’t even tell how to pay the extra €4.99 to allow a person outside the household to use it. There is no option for it in the price plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Watched the first 4 episodes of Fubar last night. If you like arnie you will love it. There is a character called Roo that is hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Blood & Gold (2023) At the bitter end of WWII, a German deserter and a young woman are drawn into bloody battle with a group of Nazis hunting for hidden gold

Where the Tracks End (2023) In rural Mexico, teacher Georgina is determined to make a difference in the lives of the young, bright students she educates in a railcar classroom

Turn of the Tide season 1 (2023) When a boat loaded with cocaine sinks off his home island, Eduardo sees a risky but exciting opportunity to make money and fulfill impossible dreams..

The Year I Started Masturbating (2022) An ambitious career woman's world comes crashing down when she's dumped right before her 40th birthday, forcing her to re-evaluate her chaotic life.

Tin & Tina (2023) After a traumatic miscarriage, a young couple adopts two peculiar twins from a convent whose obsession with religion soon disturbs the family..

Barbecue Showdown season 2 (2020) Eight of the country's best backyard smokers and pitmasters vie for the title of American Barbecue Champion in a fierce but friendly faceoff..

Added

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,504 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

You have no Revenge Nazi-Killing Movies for ages, then suddenly two appear in quick succession.

Blood & Gold is directed by the guy who did the competent Blood Red Sky, so am curious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,486 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Nothing too great coming out on Netflix recently, but happy valley all 3 seasons is on the RTÉ player, it’s very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭deisedude

Enforced already by the looks of it. Got the household message yesterday and the in laws lost access.

If you have Netflix with a Sky or Virgin bundle then you don't have the option to add an extra household

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I haven't got an email about this. Is it a case that they already know who is sharing and only sending it to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

My dad uses mine and I haven't got a mail yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

No email here yet either, but I've warned family to binge everything they want to now or lose the chance.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I actually got a warning booting up the app to set a ‘home’ household. It was skippable, but with a warning it could be locked in automatically.

Are you going to buy the extra household?

I could see the option in the section of the setting on payment plans.

i would imagine everyone will get one and sometime soon , anyone not on the same network as you will no longer be able to log in to your account

F9: The Fast Saga (2021) Dominic Toretto and the crew race to foil a civilization-threatening plot led by an elite criminal -- who also happens to be Dom's own brother..

The Real Bling Ring: Hollywood Heist (2022) Limited Series A group of LA teenagers arrested in 2009 for stealing from celebrity homes inspired a media frenzy and a movie. Now, two of them tell their stories...

Added

• Advertisement

Id say there are a lot of new Turkish accounts opening 😅. That will be the next thing Netflix crack down on. I may give it a go myself as a final effort to stay on board as the 4k is nice to have. Then if they block Turkey that's me out. 32 euro a month is ridiculous for what Netflix are offering compared to others.

Some banter from prime video.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭brevity

I watched Ben Wheatley's film In The Earth last night.

The best compliment I can give it is that is quite captivating especially considering I have 2 week old daughter and I am seriously sleep deprived. It absolutely held my attention all the way through.

I liked his other movies though so perhaps I like trippy British folklore movies...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

The account owner and our house both got the onscreen message last night but we both managed to log in and carry on watching

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I recommend Dead Shot, a Northern Ireland troubles era drama based in 1975, retired paramilitary seeks revenge in London after an SAS soldier accidently shoots his pregnant wife in a car. Great performance by Colin Morgan who I thought at first was Benedict Cumberbatch, almost a doppelganger.

Post edited by bodhrandude on

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Looks worth a watch but not showing for me on TV app or mobile app.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭deisedude

I cant because I bundled Netflix is bundled with my Sky package so don't have the option

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Isn't Missing is suppose to be on Netflix but not in search for me, supposed that's why its called missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Blood and Gold is great, excellent nazi gold b-movie. Best thing I've seen on Netflix since in a good while.

• Advertisement

Don't Breathe 2 (2021) A self-reliant blind veteran trains his adopted daughter to face any danger, but they're both ambushed when a vengeful stranger arrives from the past.

RESIDENT EVIL: Infinite Darkness season 1 (2021) (back up on netflix) Years after the horrors of Raccoon City, Leon and Claire find themselves consumed by a dark conspiracy when a viral attack ravages the White House.

Added

Post edited by peteeeed on

Advertisement