Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The supermarket tsatsiki I bought earlier is sub-par. Edible, but disappointing. This is why they say you should never do the shopping while hungry. They were out of lemon-and-lime ice pops, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

TA off to Google again...a sheltered life in a culinary wilderness 😁

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Cucumber, garlic, Greek yogurt., mint or dill and seasoning. You wouldn't think the combination would taste good, by the description, but the real thing is to die for.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Watching Bohemians vs Shelbourne.. two good teams, playing fast, entertaining, attacking football the way it should be played…

but how hard is it to….

1. Provide two teams with a pitch that is flat, even and not covered in bumps, undulating mounds and divots…? It’s resembling a section of the Burren. In the off season, dig the thing up, flatten, lay a flat pitch !
    2. Provide two teams and supporters with officials, a ref and two assistants who know what they are looking at, two of the three look likely to have attended the Helen Keller school of refereeing… genuinely that bad, doing nothing to enable a fair and equitable contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

That I can go on long car journeys and not feel the need to go to the toilet, but once I get within about 10 metres of my front door, my brain seems to sub-consciously communicate with my bladder, telling it that it's free to open the floodgates. A mad dash to unlock the front door and run up the stairs to the loo (without exploding) quickly ensues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

They were discussing this on the radio recently, it's a genuine 'condition ', think it's called lock key bladder or something similar...I know how you feel, all is good until I put the key in the lock ....😁

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Think it's because there are so few public toilets and our bladders are trained to hold far too much.

Lack of public toilets especially around beaches and tourist spots and councils / farmers then give out about people using fields and hidey holes as toilets.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

They did that on me a couple of weeks ago but they were back the next day 🤔

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,516 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

2 of my PC games have decided to crash randomly. Fantastic. No idea if it's my PC or the games themselves.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

One of the houses on the road I live on currently has the mature trees in their garden cut down this am,

it took them from 9am to after 5pm to get it all finished.

This annoys me bc, the noise woke me up too soon after getting to sleep, they made a racket consistently during the day and now that the trees are gone the annual garden flooding will be worse on this side bc of the way the slope is.

Also, I had to wait till they were finished to hear the music the ethnic groups gathering on the green are playing and those types of tunes makes me home and ppl sick for London.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Illegal to cut down trees at this time of year also need permission to cut down mature tree's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Restaurants and bars not having the soup of the day clearly displayed somewhere or not telling you what it is when they give you the menu.

But if there is pâté available as a starter, I don’t care cos I’m getting that.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who throw cigarette butts out of car windows. Knackbags one and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Car manufacturers who no longer provide ashtrays or lighters 😉

Seven Worlds will Collide

People who take suggestions or ideas articulated as part as conversations and memorise them or twist in their own heads as ‘promises’.… I didn’t bastarding well promise you anything, now fück off… i proffered an idea, in passing, that we both left in the air, a plan that now being Sunday afternoon, post a healthy, delicious yet heavy pub lunch…im no longer willing to consider doing… I never, promised, committed or otherwise. No plans were made by either of us…. A promise or plan is… ok meet you at X at 15.00

there is a lot to be said for not saying anything to anyone…especially muppets who know that nothing concrete was agreed but endeavour to change the narrative of a conversation, one which I remember very significantly, to indicate was a promise, plan or a commitment….. people are fûcking weirdos, getting worse….

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I can’t find my good reading glasses so I’m completely lost reading the paper.

I know it's not the same thing, but if you use the camera on your phone you can zoom into the text without having to take a picture, it'll work like a magnifying glass.

the way certain police forces decide to deal with climate protesters with kid gloves. Not them all but on social media / YouTube you have people blocking entire roads, junctions, intimidating people, abusing people, breaking the law and morons in uniform just watching on…..treating them as speshul and with levels of diplomacy and leniency that defies logic…

then someone going through the same junction later on a yellow get pulled over, XXX quid fine, X number of points, a hike in their insurance premium… all because of a misjudgment / cockup but without any intention to cause anything approaching a deliberate difficulty for anyone….

there is scope in the law for protest but not for breaking the law to protest …. But it seems now breaking the law to protest whilst not facilitated is actively becoming acceptable even in terms of law enforcement, everywhere….

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've no idea what this cake is for! Any suggestions?

Post edited by freshpopcorn on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Dheu Hapogaben?? 🤔

Today's TA is the sheer amount of small plastic clips and other cardboard/plastic crap I had to remove from my new shirt this morning when I took it out of it's packaging. I had to make sure I didn't drop any of the plastic clips as they would be a choking hazard for my Jack Russell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Happy birthday in Ukrainian. Similar to Russian.

З Днем Народження!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I bought milk in M&S on saturday. Looked at the bottle today and the Use By date is today. A Use By date of 2 days is ridiculous. Annoyed at M&S but annoyed at myself for not checking it like i normally do

Today must be national bloody eejits on the road day!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

went to a place once the menu we were given had 'soup of the day' 'catch of the day' and 'chefs special' on it...why no just put 'its a surprise' on it?

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

Selecting a or what was a competent news outlet online .. only to find with all that is going on in the world..... their headline story is a row between Eamonn Holmes and the other chancer Schofield...

That sort of stuff used to be buried in the celeb section of the tabloids...

Not the front pages of what are supposedly marketing themselves as credible news media pages...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

The Mirror, Sun, Express and the Daily Heil lead with it today.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I recently reported the Irish Daily Mirror website to Google for it's excessive ads, pop ups and clickbait. Not sure any good will come of it though.

When you get back to your car and you notice oil/water under it. Then your unsure is it yours or from the car before you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Attention seekers doing public marriage proposals , some lad did one in the middle of Dublin airport yesterday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement