Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭CptMonkey

Aviva insured me but I have been with them for a while. Try a broker. First insurance in Ireland will be high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

That's a very good price tbh. I think the OP is a first time insurer though, which would mean a much higher premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭CptMonkey

Ya loads of time. I got my delivery date 7days before hand and paid it off over the week and got the registration information on the Friday when I paid off the balance. Collected the Tuesday after.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

123.ie cover tesla. Was only 60 extra for the year for me. They also accept the tracker, immobiliser and alarm security options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 b_a3

Thanks I’ve tried that too, getting a full mismatch of information from each person I’ve spoken too. Went actually instore too which wasn’t worth the drive tbh 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Tesla taking the piss with discounted LR with towbar not eligible for SEAI grant despite adding it in on the booking page / invoice.

Cant get a straight answer out of them & they haven’t made contact about delivery / grant despite the car being available.

Model S deposit holder here and have Had enough of them at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Akula

I was really well looked after by evinsurance.ie in the end.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Tow bar is normally noticeable on the main page when ordering before you get to the payment page. Did you miss it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Sorry I didn’t make myself clear.

They had discounted new Long Range Y’s with the tow bar on inventory. Ordered one, showed a booking invoice of 52k net of grant and now they’ve gone dark. Talking to others who’ve bought these & had to cancel it’s because it’s an error on the system. These cars should never have been order-able net of grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

The distance selling comes in if you pay your deposit online, even if you test drive already.

If you pay deposit in the Tesla store, that's not distance selling. It's an in-store purchase.

Similarly, you can buy a TV in a Curry's store and take it home. If you don't like the look of it, they do not have to refund or replace - they might, but don't have to.

But, if you ordered the same TV on Currys.ie, you're covered by distance selling and have the cooling off period, etc. and can return without quibble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Could they not remove the towbar and sell the car with the €5K grant ? Hardly a mammoth task for a Ranger or any half competent mechanic. I’m sure most buyers could live without it and retrofit after registration if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,080 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jcount

I bought a black one of there on Friday (It has a €3310 discount) - which meant the car qualified for the SEAI grant.

I still have the car in my Tesla app and have a VIM number assigned.

Model Y €39,990.00

Long Range All-Wheel Drive €13,900.00

Tow Hitch €1,350.00

Delivery & Documentation Fee €980.00

Price Adjustment -€3,310.00

Car Price €52,910.00

I now have 2 cars on order and was going to cancel the 1st one (without toe bar - as with my 14 days).

I have not talked to Tesla... are you saying I will have isses?

A follow up.

The car with the discount was manufactured in China in January and it was a show room discount .. the car has no mileage (so not a demo vehicle).

The original car I ordered 10 days ago (without a tow bar) was manufactured in April.

I am a bit wary about the discount (as it seems quite a big one). Is there some thing wrong with car or will it be missing some feature which the newer car will have (I am thinking in particular about hardware 4 for Tesla Full Self Driving, new computer + cameras).

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭spuddy

Have a look on your order agreement, it shows the Total OMSP on the left hand side. If that figure is over 60k, you won't receive the SEAI grant.

SEAI Grant is €5000, I don’t think your €3310 discount is grant related. Both cars you have on order should be identical in terms of tech.

Basic OMSP € 57,946

Value of Extras (inc VRT) € 1,451

Total OMSP € 59,397

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

The consensus is that car for €52,910 will be reverted back to €57,910 just before you go to pick it up. Highly unlikely you’ll get it for €52,910.

No point calling or asking chat. They’ll lie and say all is fine, encourage you to pay right up until the very last second when it’ll get cancelled. Scroll back a few pages, it has happened to multiple people on here already. You’ll get an email from Natalie with the bad news closer to collection.

Whatever you do, don’t cancel the original order until you’re actually sitting in the discounted car. Nothing is certain with Tesla until you’re driving out of baldonnel

Thanks for the advice... I will look back on pages. I dont understand the last paragraph.

"don't cancel an order until your actually sitting in your car"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

Sorry, saying if you have two orders. One legit, one discounted. Don’t cancel the ‘legit’ order until you’re actually sitting in the discounted one. Tesla could cancel the discounted one right up until the very last second so I would assume it won’t happen right until the moment you actually collect it (unlikely).

Oh and another piece of advice. This has all happened to me so speaking from experience. They’ll try really hard to ask you to pay for the discounted car in full for collection - DONT.

After they cancel they won’t be able to transfer funds to your original order and the refund will take 8-12 weeks. So unless you have enough funds to pay for 2 cars, you won’t be able to pay for your original order at the end of June.

They’ll determine this to be you refusing to take delivery before quarter end which means they’ll cancel the original car also and put you to the back of the queue. Fun times.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 hostoi

+1 on what DataDude is saying. This happened to me and a few others around here. Do not cancel your non-discounted one and do not pay for the discounted one until you are fully guaranteed you'll get the car at the price you want. For the SEAI grant that means you have signed the SEAI papers and it is showing up in your account, reflected in the amount you have left to pay (not in the order agreement)

You can try to hold on to it, but I would say it is highly unlikely that you will get it with the grant. Try talking to Natalie Verrall (nverrall@tesla.com) and ask about when you can expect the SEAI documents for your order. She is the one taking care of the grant and would know about this situation. Here's the response though for an identical situation to yours (just white car instead):

If you talk to most people in Tesla, the computer shows the grant so they'll say all good. Only the delivery team seem to know about it, I think they are the ones that submit the grant applications, and they are really slow in flagging this to people.

It is not the OSMP in the order agreement that decides it (that is under 60k for any LR + towbar, but still doesn't make it qualify), but rather the OSMP + all fees (delivery fees, tire recycling, etc) without taking any dicsounts into account

• Registered Users Posts: 45 hostoi

As I said in my other comment, any Y LR with a towbar will show the same amounts in the OSMP, but it doesn't mean it qualifies for the grant. You need total OSMP + all other fees (delivery, tire recycling, etc) to be under 60k. You cannot take into account discounts. For a Y LR with towbar that value is 2-300 euros over the 60k threshold

Thanks for all the replies. I understand now. I won't cancel the original order. Looks like I will not be getting a tow hitch (+ a nice discount). It shocking that Tesla can't fix this issue on website. Thankfully I read this thread. Otherwise I would have ended up paying for the discounted car... and then having funds locked up (awaiting refund)... affecting my ability to pay for original order.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

It's an endless cycle due to the ineptitude of the ordering system to take into account these discounted cars properly.

As hostoi, datadude and others have mentioned, some of us on here have already had that car and others with a discount ordered only to be let down much later on.

That car will not be sold net of grant 100%. In fact there are many so called "firesale" cars still sitting in the inventory after they had an incorrect discount applied and were snapped up, only to led to disappointed customers later on.

In the case of the discounted car you have ordered,the discount will be honoured, just not the grant.

If you cancel that order, it will go back into the inventory again and someone else will be disappointed..rinse and repeat until the grant is phased out I'd imagine..

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

This is happening to me, but I didn't realise Tesla error until I put money down on the discounted car. Going to be a battle to get the money back out before July 1st and the grant reduces.

That said, it might be better to wait as MY with HW4 are already being delivered in USA so likely here too soon. I've very tempted to wait 6 months or so for a hw4 car.

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

I don’t really see what advantage HW4 has in Ireland considering we can’t use FSD. The difference is negligible

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

For now, perhaps. Newer and better cameras though and faster processing overall.

Plus resale value of hw3 will drop.

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

Tesla Vision if working properly with HW4 would be nice to have.

• Advertisement

I agree. I am tempted to wait for HW4 as well. It looks to have started to ship on model y in America. I think tesla will solve FSD in next 2 years. Full autonomy may only be possible with HW4. It will come to Europe / Ireland in time.

The risk of waiting is ... price increases + no SEAI grant....

Advertisement