Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster Outlets in Ireland

Options
  • 09-01-2023 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Just wondering if anyone can tell me where if any ticketmaster has outlets in Ireland that I can just walk into a shop and buy a physical ticket?

Since I first started going to concerts I have always collected physicals and kept them after shows but I can't seem to find anywhere selling them now. I know of 2 music shops in Dublin that sell them but they only sell them for a limited number of events and they don't sell for any shows outside of Dublin or North of the border.

Before anyone says it I don't want to print off an eTicket and I know you can buy them from TM online but they charge you €5 postage, the ticket is printed on wafer thin paper so it is more or less ripped up from just being in your pocket and they seem to stop posting out tickets once the show is less than a month away after which they only offer the eTicket option.

I know the old style TM tickets have to be available as these are the ones that shops I mentioned sell they don't sell the ones that are made up of the wafer thin paper that TM sends you.

With work I can be all over the country and I do spend some time up the North as well so if anyone knows of anywhere in the country please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,679 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There are none anywhere. All closed permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 juddasgoat

Just to bring this back up again I was at events both this weekend and in April both times I have seen people walking around holding physical tickets the old proper cardboard type not the paper style ones TM mail out nowadays. So there has to a place or places in the country still selling physical tickets if not then how are these people getting them?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Most likely selecting the "physical delivery" option when buying on the TM website.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lucan123

If the venue has a box office, people often buy the tickets in person directly from the box office to avoid the Ticketmaster tax. These box offices usually have the old fashioned Ticketmaster printer.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,679 ✭✭✭✭L1011

These are floppy paper ones these days. Also super rare to be even offered - New Order in the Point is the only one of the gigs I've booked since 2021 that has offered it!

Competition tickets provided to radio stations etc are still on cardboard; as are the box office tickets mentioned above. There are no physical Ticketmaster outlets left nor will there ever be any new ones as they have completely ceased that type of sale.

• Advertisement
Advertisement