Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Well done to cw and Tom Mullally and smiley dermody from ballyhale who's involved with the backroom. Some of the cw players were very good in the air and the introduction of the cw clubs into the kk league all those years ago has being a big addition. The long ball into the fowards has caused defenders trouble the last few weeks. Antrim got a few goals against kk,Westmeath against wexford and carlow caused offally trouble with a long high ball.Offally were entitled to rest players last week after a busy schedule but it probably backfired and gave carlow the belief and confidence.

Not much talk about the wexford match. Alot of ex wexford players came out during the week urging supporters to get out and support the team. This is a absolutely huge game for wexford and it will bring pressure and nerves but id expect them to tear into us.Although they have struggled in the championship form goes out the window when these 2 meet.Darragh Egan will probably get the bullet after this but the players need to look in the morror.they switched off after half time and paid the ultimate price.

Kk haven't being wonderful either and it has to be a worry that we seem to be switching off for 10 minutes .Maybe they're timing their run. Some of hurling and touches was very poor

Post edited by brookville on

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭conor05

Looking forward to this game in Wexford Park because this is a massive, massive game for Wexford and there is no way Lyng is going to want to lose this game either.

Sun will be shining, hopefully a great match!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Comerman

Is the game being streamed/shown anywhere??

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Slates

M Carey is back and wearing no.6 today

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭therealdonster

Unless my eyes are deceiving me that's Mikey Carey wearing number 6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

No Richie Reid or Paddy Degan warming up. Match delayed 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Comerman

Padraig playing at 6 according to the radio commentary

Billy Drennan, Wally and Padraig in for Reid, Paddy D and Billy Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

After a strong start we've let wexford back in it. We're getting caught a lot taking too much out of the ball. Ref very poor I thought in the 1st half but we should be out of sight already. There were 6 or 7 handy points on when we tried to overcomplicate it but hopefully we drive on 2nd half. Adrian mullen touch was off completely before he went off injured. Mikey Butler went off with a pull straight across his shins. No yellow but we got a few yellows for less. Not sure what happened to mossy.

Mikey Butler, Adrian Mullen and Mossy all off injured. Mullen got a belt on the hand and looked in a lot of pain going off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭therealdonster

Ref is a complete homer today

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭The Birchfield Boy

A capitulation it's been called on radio one...

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭mullinr2

So in this Leinster we have only managed to beat Westmeath, Antrim and Dublin. It's hardly inspiring is it. Shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

Ah come on only for the ref Wexford were bet out the gate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

I'm growing a passionate, irrational hatred for Wexford! Do they realise they're 4 other teams in the Leinster Championship?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Charlie69

KCLR saying Pádraig Walsh had definite point waved wide?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

In fairness kclr said a lot of things in the last 10mins..

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭hogans heroes

Ref was shocking, but all in all its the next day v galway that counts.lyng took no chances today with injuries.2 weeks now to push thi gs on and get to all ireland semi final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Had we thinking I had tuned into South East Radio by accident. They spend the whole afternoon eugolising Wexford potential demise and saying the Leinster Championship NEEDED Wexford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭kk.man

Why was that game not shown live... ppl want to see the end of leinster championship... that game better than anything munster could serve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

I suspected Wexford would win, they’ve had the upper hand on Kilkenny for the past few years. If Kilkenny have ambitions of getting to AI winning level they need to seriously up things

Just stopped on the way home and there's no abuse here but the refs performance was as poor as I've seen in a long time. The result didn't really make a difference and the performance at times was good, at times poor but many decisions were shocking altogether. We conceded 4 goals which is a worry. Hopefully butler will be available for the leinster final.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭mullinr2

There's no doubt in my mind that if either Kilkenny, Galway, Dublin or Wexford were in Munster, none of them would make it out.

It's maybe fair to say that based on matches in both provinces but in reality the likes of kilkenny and Galway will up their game when they meet their munster counterparts.

I've no doubt kilkenny, whoever they meet after the leinster final, will give it 100% and will have every chance of making an all ireland final if they beat Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

We started the game very well and raced into a 8 or 9 point lead i know it was early but we should of being able to control the game better and not go in a point behind . We scored 2 goals but we tried to force the goals in the first half. Wexford got a very soft penalty in my book anyway. Maybe I'm biased but I just thought we had to work much harder for a free.

Wexford done to us in the 2nd half what we done in the first.They had a few goal chances. We were making basic errors and wexford were just cuter. Some of our defending was shocking and the ball into the fowards so predictable. I train u13s where one defender goes for the ball and the other one waits for the break but today we had 2 and 3 defenders going for the same ball and a Wexford lad waiting for the break.

Obviously Richie Reid and deegan were loses but to lose butler,mullen and then mossy really stretched things. Mullen looked in a bit of pain walking off and only 2 weeks for all these lads to come back could be tight.

Tom phelan was excellent infairness to him and he will start the leinster final but alot more questions than answers. Billy Ryan,Donnelly,drennan all quite and the subs didn't work. We probably needed subs with a bit of legs. I'm definitely not convinced with Darragh Corcoran and I'd much prefer to see Mikey Carey.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kentu

Seemed a bit fishy when Match put back 10 minutes and not even near a sell out!!! Was that Wexford's decision or Leinster Gaa??

Either way to be so far ahead and petting them peg back that lead has to be a concern after leaving Galway back into a few weeks back also.

Both Kilkenny and Galway will go into this Final after dissapointing performances but it's very concerning leaving Wexford beat us yet AGAIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ttowncat

Adrian mullen fractured thumb by the sound of it. Padraig walsh last shot was wide. Was behind it.

Mossy possible did something to his hamstring scoring his goal.

Butler received a kind of ankle tap trip. Was in a fair bit of pain. He looked to have planted his foot down out of normal sink/stride because of the ankle tap trip. Think he got the free. Hopefully not achilles bad-though he tried to hobble on for a few mins after it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭hogans heroes

Hopefully all we be available for 2 weeks time.careys legs would be needed in croke pk I feel.

Advertisement