Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clean Sweep

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,743 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I watched ahead of the player not to the end tough.

I can't really remember what happens.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,140 ✭✭✭✭beertons

It's not that bad, I'm up to number 4 now.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,140 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Finished it tonight. Jeez, she was some liar. (Jojo from Raw)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

I'm on episode 4 on the Player. It's not great, but I've seen worse. Something to pass the time waiting around in work.

But annoyingly there are no subtitles available for this on the player for me. The icon to turn them on is just missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

She's done more cooking in this than she did in Raw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Yeah was just coming on to say the same thing

It's like a Darina Allen programme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I have to go find how I switch on the switch on subtitles . I cant hear what they are muttering half the time

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭RioM

It's no Kin😕. I might just skim through the rest on Player. They're a bit late with "talking" to their kids!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,386 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Was there any point to the teenager wet patch episode?

Do Gardai really get handed out promotions when they solve a case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭The_Dave

With the most annoying kids of all time, it's draining watching it. Need to take a break every few minutes

• Advertisement

Or any point to the other child needing to pee ?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The Moist Buddha

was the guy acting the part of British cop in Fair City??

Exactly, totally needless storylines about periods, coughing and the eldest lad creaming himself when it was time to pop his cherry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭The_Dave

I'm only surprised that one of her annoying kids didn't walk in on the murder

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

Watching this Clean Sweep the last few weeks .... I agree that it is no Kin but it is not too bad overall ... RTE do not seem to put any faith in it by ....

... 1 ... showing it in May-June ...

... 2 ... showing it right after Kin ...

... 3 ... having all episodes on RTE player ...

My consensus is that it is watchable and it does seem to improve as it goes along .... unlike other stuff it does seem to have an interesting storyline with potential ... but knowing a lot of dramas the conclusions can be dire ... the exciting and action packed conclusions we got in both seasons of Kin are sadly the exception to the rule in RTE! You'd have to go back to Love/Hate to get a drama and conclusions like it ....

After watching 4 episodes ... I am sticking to watching it on TV ... I feel it is no rival to either Kin or Love/Hate but is defo better than that Striking Out thing and that Taken Down that were shown just before Covid (these dramas were shown in the prime drama period of October-December or January-March) ... but that eldest son of the 2 main characters is obnoxious ... such a moody brat, the way he treats his parents is awful ... even if one of them (unknown to him) is a murderer! I was hoping for something in episode 4 to happen to him but sadly it didn't ...

I seem to recall too that Clean Sweep was the name of another drama of a few years before Covid too ... is this a sequel to another series? It seems a one off contained drama but I do recall an Irish drama had that name before?? I could see the cop guy in another drama unrelated to the story in this one, the other series focused on another investigation with the wife and family absent? .. Anyone shed some light?

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

That eldest son is one of the most obnoxious unlikeable characters ever on TV .. he has a serious attitude problem ... I was hoping for something else to happen in episode 4 ... he has it (what I thought was going to happen) coming to him and I just hope he rubs the wrong person the wrong way ASAP ....

His father is worse allowing him to speak to his wife like that .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭cms88

The other guard is worse imo The typical man hating stereotype in all these shows nowadays.

That young lad wants a good kick up the arse, I was hoping the father would come back and catch him.

Some house for a single income family with a Garda Sergeant income, with him probably supporting his ex-wife as well.

• Advertisement

Drinking game for how many Bass surnames you can spot in the credits. Seems like Shinawil is a bit of a family business for Larry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭unichick

I’m howling at the former Red Rock baddie who’s now the London Detective with the dodgy accent. Great actress. She was in Hidden Assets too. But could they not have made her an Irish cop working for the met.

I’ve watched the last episode on the player. I’ll keep stum only to say it’s interesting. It needs subtitles though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I have enjoyed it so far. It keeps my attention.

She didn’t look dead at the family barbecue.

that was his brothers wife? I'm probably mixed up here badly lol

Sorry, not the barbecue. The ex wife made an appearance at a family party in an earlier episode.

he's probably still laying pipe still with his ex wife off screen too

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Is there talk of a second series? It ended like there could be.

However, passports do not include one's address, and the 'London Police' is usually referred to as 'the Met' or the London Metropolitan Police or Scotland Yard.

Lots of mistakes. Some of the acting was dire.

But overall - not bad.

• Advertisement

Hoping the last half hour is better than what I'm seeing so far.

Advertisement