Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating oil big drop

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

just for the crack, I've asked the CCPC to look into possible cartel pricing in the west.... not holding my breath though! 😆

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

"Since I no longer expect anything from mankind except madness, meanness, and mendacity; egotism, cowardice, and self-delusion, I have stopped being a misanthrope." Irving Layton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭Buffman

Ye, 1st May.

"Budget 2023

It was announced that Carbon Tax will increase by €7.50 per tonne of carbon dioxide emitted, from €41.00 to €48.50. This applies from 12 October 2022 for auto fuels but will be offset by a levy reduction so that it will not result in a price increase. For all other fuels, the carbon tax will increase from 1 May 2023"

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/tax/motor_carbon_other_taxes/carbon_tax.html

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

Just had 750L delivered in Roscommon by Certa today. €684 including the discount from WRK30.

I noticed the weird ppl difference with them as I was getting quotes (before discount applied).

500l - 96.2ppl

750l - 94.19ppl

1000l - 95.2ppl

So by ordering 750l I saved €15 over the 500l ppl and about €8 over the 1000l ppl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Anyone in Louth or Meath can take advantage of a spat between Click oil (part of GO fuels) and Capital oil.

Both under €800 for 1000L

Have to be selling at cost or even a little below cost at that price, so it's unlikely to be seen elsewhere and might be very short lived

Refining margins dropping another couple of $ to under $13, oil prices down a couple too, so the carbon tax will probably not be noticed.

Also Dollar gone past $1.10 against the Euro

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I wonder do they catch many people out who would just automatically think that 1000l is bound to be cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭con747

I highlighted that here before but some members ridiculed the possibility. It was proven correct though with some suppliers so always double check p/l prices when straying from the 300/500/1000L price.

Post edited by con747 on

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I certainly will, thanks for that. Diesel is dropping rapidly at the pumps too which is great to see.

cheapestoil now has a map showing the cheapest quotes per county

"Since I no longer expect anything from mankind except madness, meanness, and mendacity; egotism, cowardice, and self-delusion, I have stopped being a misanthrope." Irving Layton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,215 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Lol you think you have it bad in the west. You should come to Offaly we are ripped off here big time.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Not sure hoping people get cancer is a good way to tackle older diesel cars tbh. I know where your coming from but remember the government pushed people into diesels in the past and electric cars are the way to go, but who can afford them. A select section of society at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭abbey

How much will tomorrow's carbon tax rise add to a 1000l order?

€20 I think on 1000L but the way it's looking in the markets it should cancel it out unless the Sudan mess draws others in the region in. Hopefully not.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Lads, no more talk of cancer please.

AMKC - you've been warned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

pressure still on oil and refining margins. Price still falling.

You could see a level close to €800/1000L in a couple of weeks (Louth & Meath already have sub €800 due to a price war)

really appreciate your info re. industry, margins 👍👍

well, just got a call back from the CCPC and they're very interested in anyone who has information on collusion in market pricing.. so if anyone has any nugget on cartel-type shenanigans, they want to know. the lady I talked to was very down to earth and sound and genuinely interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Bejaysus I might contact them about fuel prices in Wexford so👍 and while I'm at it I'll mention the energy providers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Delboy5

€0.66 cent a litre on the Monaghan\Fermanagh border this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭TTTT

92cpl for 1000L

94cpl for 500L

West Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,242 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Down to 842 per 1000 litres in Donegal

• Advertisement

what's the story with the stable\stagnant prices at the moment? got so used to the nearly daily changes that this calm feels ominous! 😂

Low summer demand at a guess. The duty on all other fuels will start to rise in increments from Thursday, so it's worth keeping an eye on that if you're still running your heating on MGO.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭phester28

i dont beleive kerosean has excise duty, so should not be affected directly by the immanent increase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,242 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yes, Kero won't be directly affected which is why I said 'all other fuels' above. A small minority of people are still using Marked Gas Oil (Green Diesel) for their heating which is affected and which is why I mentioned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,659 ✭✭✭obi604

No activity here for a month. 🤪

what do ye reckon on prices now, will they potentially drop or go up based on yeer educated opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,861 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Yes.

I usually buy when I think it will go up and the next day it drops 20e

All the market influences are stable enough at the minute so unless something happens not much movement by the look of it. Refining costs went up a bit but falling again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,659 ✭✭✭obi604

That’s perfect. When are you buying? 🤪🤪 😹

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Keith1111

Will northern Irish companies not deliver down south? Some difference in the price

Advertisement