Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yeah when the weather gets as nice as it is I find it hard to even think of Christmas.

Getting some nice late night sunshine walks in with the dogs lately that don’t leave much time to browse on here. Also I’m still feeling wrecked these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I'm spending so much time on my PC either in the office or at home that I drop in between tasks but its generally been v. quiet which is unsurprising really given the time of year.

Am looking to start cutting back on my work time though (its unsustainable doing this many hours each week) so will be looking to reduce online time alongside that as well so at least I'll not feel like i'm missing much with it being so quiet.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I'm like you @DvB, I check in periodically throughout my working day but once I'm out of work, I try not to be online...except maybe in the actual Christmas season!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

For the NFL fans on here, who has Steelers doing a press conference at Croke Park on their 2023 Bingo card!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Today is exactly 7 months to Christmas Day.

• Advertisement

Everyone enjoying the lovely weather this weekend? Anyone resembling a lobster like me 🤦‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

Making the most of it while we have it!

Took my dog out to Blessington Lakes yesterday, took a walk along the trail, he certainly had the time of his life cooling down in the lakes. Heading out to the back with the radio to work on a tan after dinner.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ooh, Blessington! Lovely. 🙂

I've had a lovely, pretty chill (as opposed to chilly) weekend- ticked a job off the list, which was fitting a new letterbox on my front door- tougher job than I'd bargained for! Plus I spent a couple of hours pruning my roses and treating them all for black-spot... they look fab now! As do my scratched arms and hands. 🙈 There was also general weeding and gardening, as well as ice creams in the sun. ☀️

I hope this lasts and stays nice for the bank holiday weekend.☀️☀️

Edit: @Loughc you are not allowed out at all next weekend if you're not slathered in sun screen!

In my defence i was 98% covered it’s the 2% that really shows up. My elbows and where my hairline used to be are the victims 😂😂😂

Need to be more vigilant on the forehead going forward or stick to a baseball cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

The OH was laying patio slabs today, but thankfully I got the suncream out to him before he turned into a farmer.

Am loving the nice weather. Doing a few 6am walks along the estuary the past couple of weeks, absolutely gorgeous. Going again in the morning, worth the 5:45 alarm.

• Advertisement

5.45, ouch!!

I could do with a nice new patio- what's he doing next week, @tscul32 ? 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

I needed a little pick me up so listened to the podcast 'we need a little christmsas now' on the way to work today. Hope all is well in forum land. Getting into the 40s here, looking forward to getting out of the desert over the summer.

Morning All,

How amazing is the weather?! We had a glorious day yesterday on Clogherhead beach...even managed a sea swim. I think I may be a convert...but most likely only in the fair weather months! Can't believe it's the week of the June Bank Holiday already!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'm loving how consistent this weather has been. It's been days since I've brought a jacket or jumper anywhere just in case!

Looks like it'll be sticking around for the bank holiday. We're getting the exterior of the house painted on Thursday and when we booked it in I was dreading it being cancelled due to rain so this is perfect.

Perfect weather indeed for painting it’ll be dry as it’s being painted.

Not as warm here today, but still blue skies. Another lovely walk this morning to wake me up. And I've just clicked submit on my last assignment before the summer hols, so time to relax now. Think I might sleep for a week (although I'll wait until its raining again).

I strongly suspect he'll still be laying our own slabs 😂

We are so close to being in the 100's in the countdown and the 20's in thew weeks, where has the year gone!!

Also @TRS30 where the heck are you?

Next monday is 29 weeks, Friday week is day 199!!! Getting close to the tipping point!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I finally finished the last of my Christmas cake yesterday. It was delicious. It is just as tasty in the sunshine as it is in mid winter!

Reminding me that we still have a pudding and a half here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

We have a decent lump of pudding left too. It hadn't been wrapped up properly though, so it has completely dried out. I'm not usually one for hot Christmas pudding with custard, but I'll have to do something with it as I refuse to throw it out!

I love hot Christmas Pudding with Custard...but it's impossible to think about in this good weather! I must actually check my puddings and make sure they are ok and don't need the wrappings changed. It's highly unlikely we'll get through them before this Christmas so want them to last as I'm not throwing them out only to make more for this Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Couldn't agree more - this year has wings on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I'm not a fan of the summer really, so I'm living for Autumn and Winter again.

Happy June everybody.

Into the middle 2 months as of today!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Yes, halfway point this month, Christmas in July next month, Brown Thomas Christmas shop the month after that.

It's almost time to put the tree up! 😅

• Advertisement

Happy first of June everyone. Half way mark fast approaching.

Advertisement