Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campag Veloce S.O.S.

Options
  • 29-05-2023 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭

Not quite one for the Adverts section (yet!). Basically, I'm trying to find a (preferably not 53:39!) Veloce 10sp chainset to replace the existing one. None of the usual sites seem to have anything so I'm wondering if anyone has an idea as to where I could look? Any other reliable sites?

I know they stopped making Veloce stuff a couple of years ago, but there are still cassettes, shifters, chains, brakes etc on the likes of Wiggle/ Bike24 - just no chainsets. (Although even then there are few enough of any Campy chainsets available online from my quick search).

I'm trying to figure out options at the minute - it seems either;

a) new Veloce chainset (see above);

b) used Veloce chainset; or

c) alternative 10sp chainset.

In terms of alternative chainsets, does Campy even do 10 speed anymore? If not, are there any other chainsets that would be compatible with a Veloce 10sp set up?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭mistermatthew

Any Campy 11sp chainset will work with that set-up. And i believe any other brand chainset too. Chainsets don't have to be brand specific (although manufacturers may claim otherwise-not true).

You will have to change bottom bracket standard (unless your 10 speed was Ultra torque and you switch to a campag 11 speed ultra-torque crank).

This works as all *-10-11 speed chains have the same inner width which is what matters for a crank.

Matthew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Super, thanks. As it happens, the bottom bracket is the source of my problems (bearings need replacing - cranks won't come off - tools broken trying, will need to be cut off...) so replacing it isn't end of world. I'll look into that, cheers.

In the course of my searching I found a Campy Centaur Groupset for €550... tempting to just upgrade the whole lot to 11sp...

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭cyclocross!

Madly, I think I have one somewhere. Give me 20 mins.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Miche do compatible chainrings and chainsets if you're not married to campag look

Yes, I have one. It's 53/39 170mm. It has some Look pedals on it that will need to be removed.

• Advertisement

Super! What's your price (assuming you'd be willing to part with it that is)?

€1,000,000 is as low as I will go! You can have it for a thank you and a bottle of Captain Morgan.

Advertisement