Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

Yeah, but then again it's Tesla... They don't exactly have a history of competent ordering and common sense! Fingers crossed though!

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

So my collection date is the 9th (Friday week).

Once I've paid off the balance owed is there anything else I need to do?

When should I start to pester them for a reg number?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yes. If delayed and grant applied for and delivery occurs in July, 232 Reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

I think others have said on here that Tesla have an agreement with Revenue that they deliver cars (with grant form signed by customer in advance) before Tesla themselves then go to Revenue seeking reimbursement.

Does that not nullify the whole ‘revenue will honour grants offered pre 30 June for a period of 6 months’, as revenue won’t have been notified/offered grant pre 30 June?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

They’ve listed one of these cars again. What are they at?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

No doubt the cars are listed by an algorithm which nobody is looking to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

Must be looking for some cashflow. Take another €52k off some poor unsuspecting soul for a couple of months.

I still have a discounted order. Not paying anything on it but they’re now hounding me to do so. Person today ‘100% guarantees it is grant eligible and to please pay in full for immediate collection. It’s a known issue that the grant doesn’t show but it will be fixed when you pay’.

That was despite me telling this person in detail about the whole grant issue and how it can’t be discounted and made grant eligible, how a friend had the same guarantees from this same person on chat, paid in full but still had his order cancelled and is still awaiting a refund.

’No, the price on order agreement is correct. The SEAI grant not showing is a known glitch that we will fix shortly’

This is weeks after they became aware of the issue and have cancelled orders on others. Absolutely criminal stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jasna1982

When they say bring Proof of Payment, what exactly are they looking for?

Do you bring bank statements with all your payments to Tesla?

Or do you bring a screenshot of your account page showing your balance at 0?

Use my Tesla referral link for free charging credits: https://www.tesla.com/referral/jasna121868

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

I wouldn't be bringing bank statements. If you are fully paid and your account is showing zero due, then you are good. I didn't see anyone being asked for proof of payment when I was collecting. Just ID,and the RN number.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Has anyone managed to collect their car on an earlier date than your scheduled date? Due to collect in about 2 weeks but would love the car 2/3 days earlier as I have a long trip due just before the collection date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 andholm

What's the story with the same cars coming in and out of inventory (in this case thinking of a blue M3 RWD). I would be tempted to order (rather than sit waiting for a VIN) but I am concerned that these are cars that people ordered, went to collect and noticed panel gaps etc. and refused delivery and then Tesla just put back into Inventory., Or maybe its just people changing their minds? Or maybe they keep getting the same cars into inventory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

VIN that had been hidden, then appeared, then disappeared, and then reappeared in the app a few days ago has now returned to the website too.

OMG who knows what will happen next? I’m not sure I can handle this rollercoaster of excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭rob w

Due to collect my Model 3 tomorrow in Baldonnell, 😁 thanks to all for the info on here.

Its a great resource for getting advice on the whole ordering process!!

Also - I've just been issued a credit note from Tesla today for the €250 booking deposit, not really sure why as the €250 came off the balance at the beginning when I paid it and I havent overpaid! Anyone else get one of these before collection?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭rob w

FYI - I had my balance paid last Wednesday, received proof of registration by that Friday and am collecting tomorrow!

Proof of reg just showed up as a document on my Tesla account, I didn't go looking for it from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Has anyone had a trade in offer expire and renew recently? If so did the value of your offer change?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Carcharonjuice

I just got an e-mail from Tesla asking if I am ready to take collection or not.

"Thank you for ordering Model Y and supporting our mission toward a more sustainable future.

Please indicate your delivery preference to help us prioritise your readiness.*

"

Then there is a button saying "I'm Ready".

I guess delivery dates are coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Blup Blup Blup

That's good to hear - what specification have you ordered?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Last time I got that about a week before getting booking times. Think its to line up those ready to take orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Carcharonjuice

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Blup Blup Blup

Same spec as me so. No email my side yet but hopefully I can exit Tesla purgatory soon...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

Same. No email… delivery window still 20th-30th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,178 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

If you take delivery before 1st of July you will get full 5k grant, so 26-30 June should be fine. You might even get away with it a few days into July

Same LR Black / Black 😮 dates between 26th and 30th no email.

Only ordered last night after all the messing about with discounted LR & tow hitch saga.

Eventually got Tesla to fess up today about the grant, so cancelled that order. Where else would you get this level of incompetence when spending €60K.

Before everyone bails in I like the cars (this one’s number 3) and need the charging network.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,178 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Sorted the credit union loan first thing this morning (09:00). Said they'd send the money immediately. Still no sign now in the Tesla account (16:35)

When I sent the small change part of the money it went through on the same day so i'm thinking one of 2 things have happened. Either the Credit union didn't send it until this afternoon, so I've to wait until tomorrow, or they may have forgotten to add the RN to the transaction

Anybody with experience of what happens if Tesla get the money in without an RN? Is it returned to sender or can it be found and allocated to the correct account?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BlueUmbrella

€41,750 6 weeks ago down to €33,000 this week for a 2021 Volvo XC40 PHEV.

Sold to a garage for €45k instead.

However, am now without car and without delivery date.

Piss take

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭mun1

ordered an inventory MY LR with induction wheels, original price €61,400, discounted by approx €3.8k, order from states total OMSP was €60,410.

got grant applied and bought for €53,049 in March.

was surprised i got away with it as others on here got burned.

didnt believe it until i was burning rubber exiting baldonnell like i stole it

i assume you can still get buy MYLR for €52k without tow hitch and then get tesla to fit afterwards ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

That would defeat the purposes of a collection date 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭podge1979

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Sockman1979

Do you mind me asking what garage you sold to ? I’m trying to sell my car

Advertisement