Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Youtubers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Very interesting I’d agree with a lot of them. Farming the British way is another I’d watch.

The young lads love watching I DO AGRI, he’s moving the cattle saying Cmon, Mon, Mon is impersonated by them the whole time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

its a farming life for me is indeed a great channel, I forgot to mention it. I only discovered Farming the British a few weeks ago, also a great channel.

I enjoy seeing older machines work, id say the most "modern" tractor I have drove at this stage is a 6030 series john deere, and they have been out of production for around 10 years. I bought Grassmen's Two legends and a Donkey DVD when it came out, I thought it was great concept for a dvd. Its been 10 years or so since it was made, you could actually make a sequel to that every 10 years. I was sidelined with covid last summer for a week, I bought twist of Fiat and, rain and grain. Have to say I enjoyed both.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭SlowChris

It really is the same thing over and over. Pure saturation at this point.

Only so much interest one has in a lad driving down the road in a tractor saying they're going mowing now and then they'll put on a tanker to go at slurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dmakc

I like the Farmflix lads, good personalities and craic. Helps overcome the cyclical nature of the content. IFarmWeFarm is genuinely funny too, also helps the cyclical nature but he also keeps it more original than most.

@Siamsa Sessions After watching your latest vid.

A tip my old man had for whisking milk was get an old clothes hanger or similar, make a whisk shape out of it and have a drill. Takes the manual work and time from it.

And I used to mix with mostly hot water to make sure it's all dissolved, then add the cold and mix. :)

The bales weren't badly stacked at all!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

And the speed he does it at,every thing seems to just click back together where as I'd be turning and twisting things to get them to sit.dosent like milwaukee

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭French Toast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

does he put videos on TikTok too? If not there’s a lad doing that content. It’s like he’s wearing a head cam so all you see is what his hand are working on. Really enjoyable and satisfying to watch and great to see tools being fixed

What's Evenflows deal with all the acting? Hard to listen to!😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Same thought here. I'm up for plenty of craic but I get no appeal of him at all. Don't understand all the hype.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭kk.man

I liked him in the beginning but it's just the same auld stuff now. I'm sure boy racer car types have an interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Odelay

Roaring about and doing big eyes. Seems to be all he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Jim Simmental

Yes, stopped watching his videos a good while ago now

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭farmerphil135

anyone else watching cole the cornstar? i tune in every now and again when ive time but that grain bin setup is some looking headache, hard watching his dad get emotional while trying to take down bits that were falling off it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭jaymla627

It was fairly obvious when they where at the building phase the lads doing it where cow-boys, Cole I'd say went with the cheapest quote and ploughed on, copper the brother is gifted at welding you'd imagen he would of been looking at the quality of the work been done and questioned it at the time?

I'd say only for youtube financially they'd be in bother, millions been pumped in for little to no extra return, his videos on how he's going to make the next million dollar project feasible and how much money they'll save always make me laugh theirs never a plan b our c on paper everything works out perfect and noting ever goes sideways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Watched Saunders farm last night they made 3200 bales. Like seriously I never seen bales handled as many times before they were stacked. Baled then loaded onto a trailer. Brought to yard spiked again to be wrapped then soft hands then stacked. Some twine spent on plastic wrap. Build a pit ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

A few new ones ive been watching:

Sheep Sheperd: Fella in Kerry with a mixed hill/lowand flock. Serious setup and his dads fierce funny. Hes actually Buff Egans cousin

Kiwi Farmer: Chap in New Zealand running sheep & cattle. Lovely setup.

Canning Farms: Young lad in Mayo contract rearing dairy stock. Really like his videos as he is after renting some ground and trying to improve it. Tidy operator

The amount of time and diesel gone into those bales must be staggering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Jonnyc135

Only recently started watching the Sheep Sheperd, I must say really enjoyable the aul lad is hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Been watching "Sheep School", down to earth fellow, and very handy with his hands.

If I remember right he started off making weedlickers back ten years or so, ago.

• Advertisement

He’s buff egans brother I’m almost certain. Good channel though.

canning farm is Galway, we can’t let mayo claim him! He’s a great operator by looks of it and its real everyday kinda stuff, nothing fake about it. That crush he has looks the business

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭cal naughton

• Registered Users Posts: 9,253 ✭✭✭tanko

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Have they all got their silage making videos up yet!?

Phil's bucking the trend and going for hay videos as he'll have a few days of tedding in there too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Disagree with you on both lol,

Buffs cousin, I was chatting to Glynn on instagram before

Canning said Mayo on his intro video? but originally from Cavan?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭TinaTiernan

Yay, another first cut silage video on my suggest videos.

How new and exciting!🙄

dunno how I thought he was from Galway, goes to show never assume anything!

remember glynn done a small article on the farmers journal before, he said buff was his brother on it. I remember buff on about his father being a runner too in his younger days

Psssst! Here’s a handy tip I learnt from watching telly. If whatever program you don’t like is about to start, change the channel. Took me years to figure out I didn’t have to watch everything that was suggested to me!! They should be teaching this stuff in schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭TinaTiernan

Maybe read my comment again before trying to be witty and being made to look like a fool?

How do I "change the channel" in my suggested videos? 🙄 The whole point of suggested videos is to look at what they are to see if I want to watch them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭youllbemine

Canning Farms mentioned that his parents live in Cavan at some point. Not sure if they recently moved there or if they’re from there originally but the land seems to have been in the family a few years. He definitely doesn’t sound like he’s a Cavan man anyway!

Advertisement