Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2023 ( Munster And Leinster Championships,Liam McCarthy Cup)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Why have a dig at Clare? County board/management doing what's best for the supporters and you think that's something to mock? No one has the benefit of hindsight but looking at it I think Clare management feel they would have a decent chance of matching Limerick's support in Limerick. To Cork and the unknown that may not of been the case and could of been significantly outnumbered. That appeases management/supporters. Full house in Limerick better than a 3/4 full Cork so more money for both teams. That appeases County Board.

Clare made this decision. They aren't looking for tiny violins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭Rosita

Has anybody claimed that Cork is not a neutral venue between Limerick and Clare? The claim appears to be that Thurles tends to have been the traditional and more convenient neutral venue as it was considered last year. To be fair, I don't recall Limerick playing Clare in Cork in championship - why was it suggested now?

But I haven't seen a claim that it's not a neutral venue for Limerick-Clare. Nobody has seriously claimed that have they?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Glenomra

There's a post claiming that Clare were denied a neutral venue. We were not. We are happy with the Gaelic grounds . Tipperary are unhappy that we are happy. !!!!! Now if they had beaten Waterford as everyone anticipated that they would do this situation wouldn't have arisen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Oh dear god. Tipp people are unhappy that clare people are happy. Boards never ceases to amaze me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,944 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I think the county board were right to try get the best venue.

It's the posters from many counties not just Clare who think it's "a disgrace" that it's not automatically Thurles I am mocking.

Any talk of a 3/4 full Cork is pure hyperbole. This game will be full no matter where its on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Freneys Treasure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Two years in a row… you have no idea what you’re talking about… 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭tranquilo

My God you're really rattled Dan 😂 brining up 1973 again haha. What's funny is that since 1973 Tipp have a massive number of ONE more All Ireland than Limerick. Not exactly awe inspiring is it. If you were from Kilkenny I'd understand you mentioning the gap, in fairness to them they dominated the sport in recent years. You've to go back to the early 1960's since Tipp did that. You like to live in the past though evidently so whatever helps you sleep at night Danny Boy 👍 sorry again ye ballsed up Munster this year. Could be worse you could be following Wexford like myself so chin up

I say this occasionally but for a small insignificant sport played in a small area of a tiny country you have to respect the level of deeply thought out hate hurling generates. Those amateur haters in English soccer wouldn't be checking Wikipedia to see who won what before letting fly.

J***s C****t......someone counting All Irelands and taking about the 1960s just because a match has not been fixed for what has (in fairness) become the natural neutral venue for Clare-Limerick games. I'd say that there was a determination that any Munster Final would be in Cork if possible. And it was met with a determination that Clare would not play in Cork. Pity the Munster Council restricted options. Nothing to do with who won what before we were born.

Personally it could not be handier to have it in Limerick so I'm delighted, but it's not about me. There is a wider narrative at play here about propping up Cork's white elephant and no harm to point that out.

In fairness to Kilkenny, Limerick are the ones who have dominated the sport in recent years. Kilkenny are heading on for a decade now since they won (not a judgement, just a fact). A decade ago is not "recent years" unless you are ancient. They'll soon field a team with no All Ireland medal winner . Limerick have 4 All Irelands in the last 5 years. That's what recent dominance looks like.

If you "follow Wexford" you are probably so psychologically colonised by Kilkenny you're likely convinced they still win the All Ireland every year. Pity your county is not good enough to qualify to play Limerick. It'd help you remember recent years with more clarity.

Wexford "ballsing up" Leinster in the same way that you claim Tipperary "ballsed up" Munster would've helped. You'd have lived to fight another day. Obviously there are varying degrees of "ballsing up". There are worse ones than losing one game from four.

Post edited by Rosita on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

Limerick are indeed hurling's version of Manchester City in many ways. Champions for the last few years and one leg of a possible treble this year won.

Maybe doing better - Manchester City didn't have opponents generous enough to offer to play the FA Cup final at City's ground! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Shur we are in the market for Messi for next season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Let it out Cork man!

Sure look it, limerick don't have the ear of the small international clothing and sporting apparel retailer or the humble north Kerry co op selling a few bags of fertilizer or even the mere 60bn dollar financial services company with a nenagh outpost. Poor aul JP is just trying to help out as best he can but he's near broke trying to pay for Tom Morrissey's hair products and building mansions for the whole team at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭flatty

Of course we haven’t. We we’re staring into the abyss. We looked tired, flat and nothing coming through. Henry Shefflin has revitalised us and quickly. I thought it could’ve a decade before we were competitive , and competitive is all anyone can ask for, there are too many great sides about to be anything more than put yourself in with a fighting chance. I think he’s been an outstanding appointment. He will be learning on the job. My only gripe is this. A sweeper against Dublin ?? Ah here. We are well able to go man for man, as the second half showed. Never again please. He was too slow to revert when it clearly wasn’t working. But, that’s two games, kk and Dublin, we’d have lost abysmally previously, and the team fought like dogs in both. I love the current team and setup. I think we will continue to improve across the board. I’d like to see HS given 5 years.

This isn’t actually true. They allowed Galway in to allow Galway some meaningful games. It was decent of them. It’s an impossible conundrum in truth. An open draw would be better, but the Munster hurling championship is the heartbeat of hurling.

Ah stop. Duignsn is the most one eyed commentator out there. He has some kind of Kilkenny Stockholm syndrome. Concannon carried that ball the same number of steps as loads of scores this weekend and nothing said. Galway do it against his beloved and he’s whining for the rest of the half

if offaly got promoted, duignan would be like a dog with two d1cks when they play kk. He wouldn’t know which to lick first.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

JP and bribes now 😂😂😂 yer absolutely sick that Limerick started winning. Keep em coming lads, these are comical fair play to ye

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Im amazed when we only just got over Waterford and then lost to Clare that JP didnt open the wallet and buy a couple of forwards and a corner back to fill in for Sean Finn.

What kind of "owners" do we have at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,212 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I'm afraid son that no amount of looking in the mirror and telling ye're selves that ye are great altogether will change the fact that ye never were, never will be part of THE BIG3 ! Ye are a distant 4th place, **** on their boots territory .The fact is that Limerick have 1 more All Ireland won than Henry Sheflin has won! Another fact is that Tipperary are the most consistent hurling county bar none having won an all Ireland in every decade since all irelands began. This is the sort of stuff that Sheik,,sorry JP, could only dream of. So enjoy ye're current run, God knows ye were long enough waiting for it . And BTW, C'MON THE BANNER!

• Advertisement

"Son" 😂😂 jeez it's been a while since I was called that. Ah Dan you're a gas man

On a serious note, I think Lohan was being crafty in opting for Limerick. Its a smaller pitch than poc and I believe the bigger pich would have suited Limerick more than Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

Only a Tipp man would drag up the ancient past.

Fact is there are two modern hurling greats - Kilkenny and Limerick. Cork being the only other county in the modern era to put together back to back all Irelands, but I'd even exclude (just barely) them with only 3 in total since the advent of the modern format (introduction of the qualifiers) .

Kilkenny have done 4 in a row.

Limerick have done 3 in a row.

Cork have done 2 in a row.

I'd even put Clare on the list before Tipp being honest.

Yep another perfectly sensible post, 2010 -2020 Tipp win 3 all irelands in the decade, Clare win one cork win none yet this poster would put clare and cork ahead of tipp in the recent era. The hatred runs deep in some to produce these utterly nonsensical posts. Funny people on these gaa forums.

Oh for sure, and having just beat them there a few weeks ago they'll have no fear going into it

Do you think anyone, I mean anyone, would give 2 f***s about what you'd put on a list! I've outlined the facts and the order of merit and like I stated Limerick are trailing way behind in 4th place. That's not my fault or your fault it's just a fact. A few weeks ago they were talking of 6 in a row, now they're frothing at the mouth because they have reached a munster final! It's kind of laughable and sad at the same time.

Yes I care about what I put on a list. No need to get personal.

I'm simply pointing out that in recent years Limerick have achieved greatness.

People bragging about Tipp winning 3 in a decade...when Limerick have done that in succession and beaten it in the last 5 years.

Limerick are a great team. Possibly the greatest in history. Only time will tell.

Not sure you've thought this true to be honest.

Cant argue against limerick, most tipp fans would agree with your opinion as limerick as one of the greatest teams of all time, the issue is putting Clare and cork ahead of tipp in the recent era , even cork fans wouldn't agree with that. 3 in a decade is a very good return for any team, limerick and Kilkenny are aberrations in recent times.

• Advertisement

I'm looking exclusively at the modern era and cork have done back to back all Irelands. Only Cork, Limerick and KK have done that.

Clare haven't done it...but you know...the early whistle. But okay, fair enough, let's put Clare and Tipp off the list.

Advertisement