Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭jj880

Red Matter 2 is just about the best looking game on Quest 2. Should be glorious on PSVR2. As for gameplay its more of the same as Red Matter with some shooting thrown in. As good as the first game I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Half Life Alyx rumours for the upcoming Showcase. Hope it's true!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭MikeRyan87

We will soon see.

So hopeful for HLA and Astro Bot VR.

Don't mind if the latter is hybrid.

That was rough for VR2.

Synapse looks cool and I'll play beat saber non stop but still lacking.

No sign of Beat Saber yet, reports from all around the world the same. Queen pack too for those who are interested.

Edit: It's available on the desktop store: https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP5067-PPSA15035_00-BEATSABERFULLPS5

Was able to Add to Library and clicked Download from Library. Turned on my PS5 and it started downloading.

Post edited by Potential-Monke on

• Advertisement

Free upgrade if you own ps4 beat saber according to HotUKDeals.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

RE4 looks good though... currently playing it on Quest 2 and it's probably the best game I've played on the platform

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

RE4 is the best VR experience I have played, its the best version of RE4 as well.

Wonderful advert for VR

Played an hour of best saber last night having not played for about 2 years.

Forgot how good it was.

Seems the sense controllers are a little off though. Hopefully they add the option to readjust them.

Arc blocks and stacked blocks are a nice addition in the Queen pack.

Yeah, it's still Beat Saber but the sabers are like gun sabers with the way you've to hold them. Not sure if it's better or worse overall, but it feels worse as I keep missing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

The inevitable happened... sat on my controller after playing minigolf for some reason you need both controllers in view so I put it on seat... Unless am missing something? Lucky enough it just cracked open at the joint so it can be snapped back together..

If it was broke I couldn't even buy a new controller for it

I didn't even cop that you can't buy replacement VR Sense controllers... Surely they'll be available soon?! They did say they wouldn't be available separately "at this time", so one would imagine they will be soon. Stuck with sending it back to Sony for repair for now.

Serious lag in beat saber when the red walls appear until they leave..hopefully gets patched soon as is causing alot of misses.

Yeah, there's something just not right with BS at the moment. Will wait for an update. But I also remembered why I stopped. No new music that suits my taste, and the last few free tracks are on the stupid side of hard so not enjoyable. It needs to start dropping a lot more different tracks, because these celebrity ones are mostly not for me. BS would have died long ago if it wasn't for the PC modding.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Controller working fine for now anyways ...

I purchased Nock but am not enjoying it at all can't wrap my heads around controls would rather be fit to move with joysticks unless am missing something...

Beat Saber was purchased from the Turkish store I assume any DLC I buy from Irish store won't work? Would have to repurchase the game again just for DLC which would be annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

PSVR2 needs something big, like Alyx or Boneworks. Or a new Astro.

Res Evil 8 is supposed to be great though? And the upcoming RE4?

RE7 was the killer app for PSVR 1 iirc, so maybe lightning strikes twice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

Would you say it's worth it even with the gamestop discount?

Will definitely give RE4 a go in VR at some point, haven't played it since the original so should be good. But not really interested in those games in general.

It's worth it if you like it, if that makes sense. If you're on the fence, I don't think it's worth the cost yet. There's nothing really new for it, just better versions of PSVR1 games imo. Saying that, I haven't played all the games available so it's really a personal thing if it's worth it, which is no good to someone asking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,354 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I would've thought RM2, Gt7, Horizon Call of the mountain are proper next gen vr games

Haven't tried RM2 yet, tis still new I believe. Horizon, I mean to get back to, but there's so much climbing and it's not fun. Stunning looking all the same. GT7 is amazing, but im faster outside VR and its making me want to spend more money to get a proper seat/stand for the G29.

Nothing so far that makes me think VR2 is worth the entry cost. A Superhot 2, Alyx or Boneworks to really show off the power of it is what is needed. May buy RM2 tomorrow. Or I could just really want to play Alyx/Boneworks.

Glad to see Undead Citadel is coming to PSVR2 at some stage this year.

Looks like a day one buy.

Synapse hands on previews seem promising. Looks like a day one as well.

I like the art style

Out tomorrow. Been waiting on this one since 20k leagues under the sea.

Edit: Walkabout Mini Golf new course. Jules Verne - Journey To The Centre Of The Earth.

Post edited by jj880 on

don't you have a hefty VR backlog to get through first? 😁

Played RE4 on Quest 2 yet?

😅 Soon as the weather breaks Im all over it. Playing a couple evening hours Zelda totk at the moment. New WMG course beats all though 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

GameStop are closing down and have the controller charger down to 35. Very worthwhile purchase.

• Advertisement

They have them down to 25e now but the Galway store is closed now.

Wanderer coming to PSVR2.

Looks great..never played original on PSVR1.

Advertisement