Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,278 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The Tatum injury was huge. He didn't look like the same player at all. He grimaced every time he landed.

He had 14 points from 17 attempts with three of them coming from the free throw line. That's about 10 less attempts than normal.

Tatum's issues affected the whole team. Mazzulla should have limited his minutes to try get his ankle in better shape but he didn't. You had an injured player, clearly suffering, playing 42 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Hope you feel better, yea, I had a feeling they would lose for the sheer fact it’s hard to win 4 games in a row against any team, never mind the fact that the Celtics have been so inconsistent.

Will be interesting to see what the Celtics do now, I know he is a rookie coach but not a fan, he has a weird attitude also but all the free head coaches are being snapped up so they might bring in better coaches around next year to help. Also Brown is a big decision for me with that max contract coming up, is he worth it ? Not really in my opinion, after Tatum got injured, you needed him to step up but a no go, might be better to get better role players around Tatum

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Bob Myers out in GS. Crazy to let him go. Really dumb move IMO.

It’s been known that he was most likely going to leave for months now, Iam not sure if any amount of money would of convinced him, it seems like he wants a new challenge, there could be other reasons, personally I think he knows this era is coming to an end, the core group will be broken up soon and he doesn’t want to be the one associated with that, he has such great relationships with Draymond and Curry, maybe leave on a relative high note

I want it made harder for people to get to the line, not just flop and get the points.

He's right about half-time though.

• Advertisement

Just saw a crazy stat from Tim Bontemps.

Over the last 7 seasons the Celtics have won more Play Off games than any team but the Warriors and more than any other team in a 7 year stretch without winning a title.

You have to see that ultimately as a failure if you’re a Boston fan.

I know it’s been flagged but I’m just surprised it got to this stage. I wonder how much the Draymond Poole thing affected this? You have to imagine it played a part as it’s not the first time he’s had “difficulties” with him.

great Interview (as always) with Van Gundy on the Russillo podcast, really worth listening to. He’s the best in-game analyst out there, shame they always put him with one of the biggest idiots out there Mark Jackson.

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

Nick Nurse in in Philly. Not sure about this one tbh, not sure he has the personnel to do what he did in Toronto (or Derby in England 🤣), and the Harden question is still up in the air. Will be interested to see how it goes. I’d expect a lot of personnel changes.

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

Yea maybe, he hasn’t revealed much, according to one of my friends, he said he just wants a break from everything and wants to spend time with his family for a few years. I can totally see that, he was probably living and sleeping Warriors all these years, it takes it toll but I can also see him sign for the Lakers out of the blue in a few weeks, you just never know, even if he wants to genuinely take time off, these guys can’t, they need that rush

• Advertisement

Yeah the Lakers is an obvious one and they’d throw money at him to do so. And he’s probably one of the few GMs in the League who’d tell LeBron “no” and be able to back it up. RP has probably bought some time in the seat re. other contenders but I’d imagine he’d get the bullet in a heartbeat if BM is interested.

The “I want to spend time with my family” is always the story in these situations, but it’s rarely true. He seems like a genuinely nice guy from everything I’ve read to any of the interviews or podcasts I’ve heard him do. With that in mind I can easily see how the Draymond BS over the years would affect him, because he was the one dealing with it and dishing out the punishments etc. Draymond bitched about him on his podcast last year (before the Poole incident btw) so you’d imagine with any of these guys they never have to work again financially so it could genuinely be a case of “f_ _ _ it, I’m out”.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,313 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I don’t think it’s much more complicated than it’s a good time to leave. A very extensive rebuild period is coming but not before a couple of years of being unable to win with Curry and Thompson on bad value contracts. Go now with your reputation on a high (even though GMs shouldn’t get knocked for having to retool after Dynastys run their course).

Draymond was enabled and facilitated by GS for years. Maybe he’s tired of dealing with it, but it’s more imo that Draymond has a bad value player option / bad value extension price point and is near impossible to replace. Time to move on.

Denver in 5 or 6

It’s hard to look beyond that, I think the Heat might push them more than people think but it’s a huge ask

Denver on a different level. This could be a short championship series.

Mark Jackson: it’s great that people turning on for the first time seeing Jokic today get to see his greatness.

Does that include you too Mark? You know, seeing as you didn’t put him on any of your All NBA Teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,117 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It's like playing against six players. Just got to admire greatness.

Jokic is in a different solar system.

Incredible player.

I don’t think Miami will be too disappointed with that tbh, 2nd half performance was much better than the 1st for them, which points to improvements and adjustments tactically at half time - which you’d expect from Spo.

Wonderful performance from Jokic, esp. in the 1st half when he wasn’t shooting and just facilitating. Aaron Gordon had an amazing 1st Quarter off a Jokic feeds and a great game defensively. Jokic is just a zone buster in the 1-3-1 offensive set. When he gets the ball in that high post slot he just has so many options. Miami can’t play zone like this and expect to win.

Jimmy is 42 / 107 from the field since Game 3 against Boston, 39%

• Advertisement

Rumour is Ja Morant will receive a “significant” suspension. Could we see a whole year?

Monty Williams to Detroit is a great hire, sounds like he got paid.

Vogel to Phoenix also makes a ton of sense, could be exactly what they need.

That would be a bit ridiculous in my opinion, yea his a fake gangster trying to look tough, he is dumb but at the end of the day, the morale outrage by people is insane, everyone has guns here, America has a weird relationship with guns, it’s ok for certain people people in society to promote their gun collections and encourage the 2nd amendment

I get it though, he is part of an organization that has certain rules around this and he needs to obide by these rules or else he will squander his future earnings. I personally think waving a gun around is dumb and irresponsible, you don’t mess around with that crap, it’s the first thing you learn and I also think he should personally try and set a better image for young fans watching him.

But to get back to a potential year suspension, what’s the actual crime ? Guys beat up their wives and don’t get as severe a punishment

He's the best I've seen since Jordan, he just dominates games. I know it's only a short time but if he stays at that level he'll go down as one of the greatest ever.

I genuinely don’t think he will because he isn’t sexy, if he continues like this then he should for sure but the mainstream won’t accept him, look at how the mvp crap went down, Iam not saying it wasn’t close but it got pretty weird, I think if he got it over Embild their would of been a lot of mainstream sound bites. For people like us that can appreciate his game it’s fine but the casual fan won’t get it, he doesn’t have a brash personality either, he just goes about his business

if he continues on his current trajectory he will be All Time Top 10,

.But as Carcharadon says he isn’t sexy, or cool. There’s nothing sexy about a 7 foot white guy with a 6 inch vertical jump, incredibly sound fundamentals playing through game below the rim, and with zero interest in social media or his brand. it’s hilarious to me that he was trending search topic in the US a few weeks ago. A 2 time league MVP being the most searched player during the Conf Finals because casual Laker fans are like “who is this guy?”. He’s appreciated by those who know, but also still has to battle race and continental bias too bizarrely by those who should know a lot better. It’s nice to see a lot of pundits being forced to eat humble pie on him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,690 ✭✭✭Corvo

Re Moran, He’s lucky it’s not David Stern 😀

This game could be over, Miami came out hot but Denver just look so comfortable, they can up a gear whenever they want

• Advertisement

Well. What do I know….lol, Jesus Miami are incredible, the epitome of teamwork. This is goooood

Advertisement