Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Deck

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Im in Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dextersnp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

That's the final price, EU taxes included and collected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

AddressPal ship things via boat from the UK last time I checked, battery restrictions only apply to airfreight and even then that seems to be all for show as plenty of electronics come through where I work without any UN shipping labels on them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,438 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

The stock situation still seems fairly grim, haven't seen the 64gb or 256gb in stock for a while

Even our friend on adverts seems to be unable to get the 64gb model and only has one 256gb left

I wonder what the issue is, I'm guessing supply bottlenecks but there seems to be no sight of anything coming back into stock soon

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

€7.50 for a warehouse return Amazon Basics USB C to HDMI cable and an old DualShock 4 controller I had laying around, can't charge while playing but can't complain!

Older games like DiRT2 run 1080p 60fps but will need to mess around with upscaling for the likes of GTA rather than lowering settings to suit the higher resolution. The upscaling for emulation looks well on a big screen.

Post edited by DaveyDave on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Looks interesting but maybe a modification too far for me 🤣

Yeah it's a bit drastic, was just looking at the screen replacement instructions for reference

Probably not the hardest screen to swap out, but also not exactly simple

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

I always wonder if our eyes slowly adapt to the quality screen we play. I remember first seeing TV at full HD and being blow away but now full HD looks like SD to me. My eyesight is going to shite anyway so that could be the reason.

Beverly Hills, California

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Im playing through Cyberpunk 2077 on the 50" tv here and its really enjoyable experience. I was going to upgrade my graphics card but Im going to hold off for a bit as the steam deck with dock and kb / mouse is doing me fine.

I know of a 512 gb going for 500 if you were interested.

It just sold.

Post edited by Hellrazer on

Tempting but I don't actually have €500 to be spending on a deck

Tbh I probably couldn't afford the base model 😭

Maybe it'll be back in stock by the time I've saved for one

Looks like the store is now taking reservations for the 64GB and 512GB versions, 256GB is still out of stock

However it keeps saying the reservation servers are busy, so you can't actually reserve one at the moment

I guess they must have some serious backlog of orders to work through

Back to just showing out of stock this morning, I guess it was a glitch

Apparently they're in stock in other countries, just UK and Ireland that are having issues

EDIT: Just checked and they're in stock in France and Germany, but can only deliver within those countries. You'll need to use a service like Mailbox DE to deliver it here (looks to be €20-25 extra shipping costs)

Post edited by the_amazing_raisin on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It's probably just the plug so. If you go the ordering through Germany route, the plug will be an EU one. Not the end of the world but worth noting.

If you do buy the official dock on your Irish account you get a 3 pin plug with it. So that might help.

64GB is back in stock in Ireland!!!

Just ordered one for myself, grab one while they're available 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭McFly85

I set up remote play with the ps5 this week through Chiaki, and I’m stunned about how well it works. Been great sitting on the couch playing Bloodborne while herself uses the TV. Makes the decision to buy newer games for the PS5 easier too! Don’t know what it works like on a different network but it doesn’t get used outside all that much anyway.

It really is an unbelievable bit of kit for the price.

Handy new way to install all the third party launchers. EA app, Epic, Battlenet, Rockstar etc etc.

• Advertisement

That looks so much easier than previous methods. Personally Im playing a lot on Xbox Game Pass streaming but I own a load of games on different launchers. GTA5 / Red Dead for example I own on Epic and cant for anything get it to work.

Going to try this out this evening.

Installing it now and it works great. One thing is after installing it at first I would set compatibility in steam and click play and nothing would open. I just rebooted the Deck and it worked fine after that.

Heroic launcher has a new update and it now supports side loading a browser as a game. Which is handy for stuff like Xbox cloud.

You just select add game, then browser from the drop down. Type in the URL and it will add the images for you.

I know it's not the most difficult of things to add but now it's a bit quicker so might be handy.

I must say, the constant updates the deck gets is great. It's really brilliant.

If like me you have done a lot of messing with third party installs and your Storage is showing a massive yellow "other" bar that you can find. Look up Shader Cache Killer on Gitlab and the install from kurl option.

It installs on Steam as a game but shows you a list of all the folders that are filled with shader cache. In the bottom right corner there is also a Compatdata button. Pressing this will open the folders for compatdata (it takes about 60 seconds to run so don't worry if it looks like it closed).

Non steam games conpatdata folders are random numbers so hard to figure out what is needed or not.

I cleared a good 80+gb out of there.

Yeah the general flexibility of the platform is pretty amazing, hard to see any other console being so open to playing other brands games on it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Anyone else trying to install Diablo IV and getting these errors?

Anyone know roughly how long it takes GLS to deliver from the Netherlands?

Mine got dispatched on the 2nd and has left the Netherlands 3 times according to the tracking number 😕

I know it takes time, and I might as well ask how long the proverbial string is

But I'm very eager to get going with some steam decking 😂

Usually a week. I'd expect it Friday or maybe Monday.

I followed a video on youtube on how to set up world of warcraft, exact same process and had no issues with installing or playing Diablo.

The only thing is after 90 mins or so, the deck gets very hot and then gets awful frame drops and then freezes.

• Advertisement

Cheers, I know I'm just being impatient, just can't wait to completely fail to launch Diablo IV 😂

Advertisement