Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭shearforce

"it's good for me sugars"

unlike the 40pints of Carlsberg a week

• I’ lm reading an awful lot about the gut-brain axis, very interesting area, our modern junk food type diet is responsible for an awful lot of troubles. A simple breath test can analyse the bacteria in our small bowel, which can be altered by diet. Even sepsis is caused by endotoxin burden by gram bacteria, they cause everything froM blotchy complexion to full on septic shock in certain situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,720 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Liveline turning in to The Dallas Buyers Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,586 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

"I'll swap you 1mg Ozempic for 10mg Versatis."

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

That sounds interesting I will check that out. And yes modern junk foods are keeping big pharma going with severe health issues effecting younger & younger people as the decades go on

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,144 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I must say the caller Molly is symptomatic of the deluded society in which we live.

Her mindset is confirmed by her letting slip that 'I'm eating more now on Ozempic than I did when I was dieting for 35 years'

And, 'theres a reason for weight gain outside of high intake and low exercise and underlying conditions that we know exists but science hasn't identified it yet'

That's because love, it DOES NOT exist. The science of expending more energy in the form of calories than you consume through food and beverages, meaning that your body does not convert and store the excess as fat, is settled. Put to bed.

It's an old cliche, but you'd never see an overweight captive at Auschwitz or a fat PoW in the jungles of Burma or Vietnam?

Why, because they were mostly starved and made to work while being so.

No exceptions, no mystery. Overweight people without any chronic conditions are overweight because they consume too much and/or work off too little.

And I know it because I am one. If I cared enough I would cut down on sugars and empty carbs and up my exercise. And so would Molly.

• I received a huge medical file I’ve been instructed to go through and photocopy the relevant bits to insert into a printed referral which I have to hand deliver to Vincent’s since the computers won’t connect so to speak. Just reading a personality report “very relaxed patient”. I must be a very good actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Expunge

I have heard it said that all you have to do is take a look at a photo of the crowd at Woodstock or the spectators at the launch of the Apollo moon mission to get a sense of how far we have come. There are simply no overweight people to be seen.

The Irish equivalent would be a look at the crowd in the Phoenix Park when Pope John Paul visited in 79.

There is little doubt that the development of hyper palatable convience foods and probably seed oils, originally developed as machine oils, has done a lot of the damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭Tow

Cawlur, you could scan de documents into de modern wonder of de Portable Document Format, also called a PDF to those in the know.

Da only problem is de VT100 terminals of de Hospital do be having a problem with de graphics.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭Tow

Joe is getting a bolloxing on Drive Time for telling de national that only diabetics to be getting de drug.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement

• I have NO CHOICE as it is left entirely to me to decide what to reprint and send with GP letter, GP was too busy to go through it and told ME to do it. He knows I’m very clued in but I hate looking at my own minutiae tbh.

• I know dat x3 but SVUH use a specific system, emailing files doesn’t work in the normal way.

• Think of this turkey-like burd in Scotland, affected by de terribul Foyre

• Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Well I got a package today from in post so it was right but I didn't expect it today so thought it was dodgy text.

So some scams are not scams at all at all. 😊

But Googling the site it seemed odd.

• I wish my health would allow me the leisure time to develop fake websites, not to con, but to demonstrate conning

• Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I think this medication will be the new Versatis patches and will go on for weeks.

But there is potential as there is different groups wanting it.

"I have diabetes I need it and that is what the medication is for. "

"I'm overweight I need it."

• GIDDY JOE

Whole feckin show a tribute to Brush Shiels

I wonder does he have any use for a child’s guitar?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,604 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

a Brush Shields special ..... Jesus Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

A Brush Shields tribute show - but he hasn't doyed.

PS - I've been the Croke Park over 80 times at football games and have never seen Brush sing the Fields of Athenry from the middle of the pitch Joe.

• Now that you mention it Joe, Brush doesn’t owe me money, but someone else does 😉

• Advertisement

• And overweight leads to diabetes. We now live in a world where some excellent treatments exist but where there is direct competition between patients for medicines and resources. It leads to big time frustration.

• Shall I fone Joe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Today's show has the potential to be radio gold...this is the type of content where you are happy to know your 160 euro is not wasted....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,235 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Oh hell no!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭archfi

'On this bank holiday afternoon'

Huh?

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Ya still can’t play a note

• Registered Users Posts: 82,720 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is it in the studio or a 5 star hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭archfi

Brush could have blown his nose...

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,586 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Tribute shot at Brush. How long before misfortune befalls Brush and he's wiped out of LL memory like Syl?

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

Brush shiels was a washed up has been 25 years ago. Most people listening to this will ask.. brush who??. Who else but Joe Duffy would find this shite interesting

Advertisement