Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,178 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

By the looks of it I did fairly well with my order, custom ordered April 17th, collecting June 6th

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭onemadcat

Ok - interesting- that was my thought on it but then the world and it’s mother are getting delivery dates and yet here I am - still waiting having ordered in January, sold my car in February as Tesla we’re going to deliver in Feb- Mar

Why am I still dealing with these people???

Is it a cult or something??

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jasna1982

That really sucks!

I ordered my M3 in February, got a delivery date last week of June and started paying this week. From everyone I’ve seen they start paying after a delivery date

Use my Tesla referral link for free charging credits: https://www.tesla.com/referral/jasna121868

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

Hi Thaum1

Happy to answer your questions.

1. If the final customer price (OMSP + delivery + all fees) is over €60k, then the SEAI won't issue any grant to Tesla. So there's no chance you'll get it with the black/white car you ordered. AFAIK only 1 or 2 people got through due to Tesla incompetence on their part and they've since copped on to the issue.

2. Tesla say they can transfer the money from one car to another but I'm not so sure. I'm waiting on money from my now-cancelled discounted car to transfer over and nothing yet. Others here got refunds but only months later. It's pretty bad of them (and probably illegal?) to hold on to peoples money for so long. It's a mess frankly. I need the money back to afford the other car which I ordered in Jan so may not get it before the grant reduces due to Tesla false advertising. Will see what happens though.

Others may have had faster/better experiences than me.

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Tesla won’t haggle on the white interior, if you really want it you lose €5K ! Madness

Buy the grant qualifying car and use some of that €5K to retrofit proper leather. It’ll be better than the white Tesla vinyl and you can get any colour you want. Nolans in Bluebell probably best option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Jc64

Has anyone bought the car charger when buying your Tesla? Mine is being delivered next week and when I went to the SEAI charger grant website, I see that there is no Tesla charger option (even though the stock image is a Tesla FFS)

Does anyone know a workaround? I called the SEAI this morning and they said there used to be a generic charger option but it has since been removed and to go ahead and pick a different charger and hope for the best basically (no definitive answer from them). Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭CptMonkey

The Tesla isn't smart so no longer used for the grant. I went with the zappi. There is wallbox and a few others too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

SEAI confirmed to me they had intentionally removed Tesla from their grant as it’s not ‘smart’ enough (no load management). Said they are actively watching out for it now

Some providers said to me we could try saying we installed a Zappi and it might get through, but no guarantees. Not worth the risk since grant comes at the very end. Just get one of the better chargers. Only reason to get Tesla was it was cheap, but no anymore with no grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 a Tom

I have found this on SEAI website:

"The EV Home Charger Grant Scheme will only support smart chargers which are registered on SEAI's Smart Charger Register. "

When checked register, Tesla chargers are in there:

https://triplee.seai.ie/AcaProducts/ProductDetails.aspx?id=87930&h=False

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Penname

Has anyone cancelled a custom order and gone for an inventory model instead? (MY specifically) Should I stick it out and wait? Only thing I'd be sacrificing is 20" wheels for 19".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

yes, cancelled a 30th March order with a hidden VIN and ordered an "inventory" car on May 5th with the same MYLR black/black spec, thinking it would be a faster delivery. Despite getting a VIN and a 19th May - 3rd June delivery EDD immediately, I'm now looking at a 20th-30th June EDD and thinking I'd have been better off sticking with the original order.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Thaum1

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Thaum1

Thanks for getting back to me. @ModelWhy - Kinda stupid, all the same. So, it looks like I'll try and get the black one now. On the phone to Tesla now to accelerate the transfer to the other car. Pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Also there are white leather covers available. Saw them briefly on a Model Y at a recent meet up and they looked good. No idea of price and whether airbags are affected..

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭JOL1

The SEAI site is clear "only support smart chargers that are registered on SEAI register". Tesla charger is not a "Smart" charger . In the past they may have turned a blind eye but seem now to be policing it more. The web link you included does not relate to Tesla charger. I could find the charger listed under Triple E product register going back to 2018 but i also see SEAI make clear that from Sept 22 buyer must select from new register Buyer beware

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ftzr

I also bought a Tesla charger a couple of weeks ago and returned it yesterday for a refund when I realised it was no longer suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Blup Blup Blup

Yeah - I did the same when I realised it didn't qualify. Tesla send you a DHL return shipping label without charge. For reference, I bought a Hypervolt 3. It's on the SEAI list - nice neat charger with good cable management, automated load management and a nice app. Future proofed for solar as well. Looks easy to schedule charges too. Works in theory - can't tell you in practice as there's still no sign of my car 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I see Thames Highway is at Dublin Port: https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/details/9316294

Has there been any sightings of car transporters with Teslas??

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jcount

To trade in with tesla, does the car need a valid tax disk? My tax is up today and was not going to renew.

3 Months tax is €268... my trade in price is less than 1k.

Give ye a laugh!!

Ordered a Model Y LR BLACK/BLACK Jan 15th - has had 4 different delivery dates from Feb -March, July-Aug, May- June to latest June 20 -31st.

Not a dickie bird from Tesla ever re scheduling collection - yet lots of later orders already filled.

Out of shear madness - yesterday I jumped on one of the discounted Model Y LR BLACK/BLACK with tow bar posted on site and ordered for €52081 knowing Tesla would likely reject this price as it included SEAI grant on a discounted car. So got onto chat who swore blind everything re price was good and go ahead and pay discounted amount - so asked her to send me an email confirming this discounted grant inclusive price, with the suggestion she check with Dublin first. Sure enough she came back apologising that no the price would not be as detailed in the agreement - so cancelled the order -

Now I have just received a message to pick a time to collect the car ordered and cancelled yesterday - with option to collect next Tuesday - 6 days after ordering while still no news on car ordered 6 months ago!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭joe1303l

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

I had the same situation re a discounted LR white with tow bar, I cancelled on Monday and heard nothing since.

Post edited by AmberGold on

Folks - for those who recently collected a MY RWD - how are you finding the range - what’s achievable??

Any regrets not getting a LR?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dsd22

Anyone still experiencing delays with this Revenue debacle or is it just me?

I'm still waiting for an M3 and it's now over 2 months past the original delivery date. I had a confirmed delivery appointment, cancelled. Then another one, cancelled.

The delivery window then went to a 2 week estimate, with the start and end range incrementing by 1 day every 24 hours.

Complete radio silence from Tesla, won't answer callbacks, ignoring emails etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 akbell42

How many days before scheduled delivery date do we receive the registration details? I remember some folks got it just a day in advance and want to understand if that is always the case of just an anomaly.

Thanks.

What debacle is this? I'm picking up my M3 on Tuesday, ordered mid-April

I got a good rate on an eco loan from my local Credit Union, they even gave me a 10 year payback so monthly payments are relatively low

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The range is the same as posted many times. It will do 360ish km and up or down depending on how your driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PorcoRosso

Completely depends on your driving routes and style. I'm getting a smidge over 400km on mine from 100%. A good chunk of my driving is +80km/h. You notice when going full throttle on motorway it eating through the battery more as is to be expected. When in town it's super efficient. I never test drove the LR but the 0-100 on the RWD fulfils on the the adrenaline requirement as it shifts enough for most people who have come out for a drive. For me, the price-point wasn't worth upgrading to the LR (not that I'dve been able to get my hands on one if I wanted anyway - in contrast was less than a month from deposit to collection for RWD for me).

• Advertisement

Cost-benefit plays here

MY LR is advertised as an extra 78km for €7,419 more so I wouldn't regret it personally. Likewise with M3 it's €9,414 for an extra 111km of advertised range

It just seems a lot to pay for a relatively small amount of benefit

Advertisement