Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bundesliga Super-Thread warning post #4542

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

2-2 but not enough time left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Arsenal the real winners today.

Bottling has been utterly redefined thanks to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Crazy end, goals came too late for Dortmund

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

What a bottle job by Dortmund that. Tuchel rocking on up the bayern gig, done a sh!te job and still won the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,043 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

What a end to the season, lots of twists, and the late twist, but Dortmund ran out of time, but dominated the game, sad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Only themselves to blame. It would have been good for the league, but alas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Worst Bayern team in over a decade and still nobody could take advantage.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Manuel Neueur.looked like he was the manager for much of that match.

Is Bellingham injured? Their biggest game in years and didn't leave the bench

Brazzo & Kahn have been sacked according to Kicker

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Union Berlin in the Champions League next season is an incredible rise through the ranks for them (coinciding with Hertha's relegation, it must be some day for their fans).

VfB by all acounts absolutely dominated Hoffenheim but couldn't get the win they needed to guarantee safety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Ive been to a few Dortmund matches.

I saw their 3-3 draw with rock bottom Paderborn once.

The good news it cannot get any.worse than today.

Have to go and lie down now.

HSV have absolutely no chance of beating Stuttgart so they are basically safe. Them finishing 16th was worst case for us and it happened. I was hoping for Augsburg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Money is the most important thing for Dortmund and they don't want to risk that for trivial things like league titles.

Next Man City manager: You lot may all be internationals and have won all the domestic honours there are to win under Pep. But as far as I'm concerned, the first thing you can do for me is to chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest **** dustbin you can find, because you've never won any of them fairly. You've done it all by bloody cheating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Never doubted for a minute that Bayern would end up finding some way to win it unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

He's had a knee strap on for months now.

If I was Madrid, I'd be doing very extensive scans on that knee, before signing on the dotted line and handing over £100m+.

He's very young to have a niggly injury already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Unlikely I reckon.

They play Regensburg who I think are already relegated...

Never say never I guess, I would be hugely surprised if it happened.

Another season that inconsistency in performances may cost us...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Skonto Riga (Latvia) must be looking over their shoulders, as their record of 14 in-a-row is under threat.

Interesting stat from the day -Kingsley Coman has won a league title in every one of his season's since turning pro in 2013!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Ten years of deflation and cruel turns off fate to Bayern, summed up in the dejection of the fans in the Westfalenstadion at full time. Couldn't even bring themselves to leave.

Can't think of a team, who've ever taken such a punch to the gut, as Dortmund did today. This was supposed to be the pay off, for ten years of unlucky defeats to Bayern. And it was stolen in the cruelest way possible. How do you come back from that?

It wasn't stolen from them. They lost it. They were terrible.

If you were handed that situation, win your last home game against a team with nothing to play for, to win the league! It's like a dream.

But they couldn't do it. Bayern were 8mins away from losing it, but they did what was needed. That's the difference.

Some videos of this on the Magenta YouTube now. Apparently the stadium speaker in Wiesbaden announced they were promoted, then after 4 minutes of pitch celebrations he announced the Osnabrück comeback. Some of their fans on Twitter were saying the Internet access from their stadium is crap which is why so few people could check what was going on for themselves and were reliant on the stadium speaker. 😆

The Halle fans singing "nie mehr zweite Liga" after the Osnabrück result is announced is great banter.

HSV going up as it stands with injury time to come.

The exact same thing has happened today. HSV fans stormed the pitch celebrating promotion but there were 11 minutes added in the Heidenheim game and they scored twice.

Unbelievable,

• Advertisement

Very late drama indeed and heartbreaking in the end.

Not sure if we have what it's needed to beat Stuttgart at the play off. I thought we had it last year after a great first match performance but it all fell apart at the second game...

This team broke my spirit years ago so it's fine. I'm numb to it all.

The defense has been completely unstable since Vusko was banned but today was a good example of getting away with that at 2.liga level. Sandhausen wasted several opportunities that a better team wouldn't have. Also the midfield is always much weaker without Meffert and I don't know if he can play 3 games in a week with his knee which is another concern.

Anything can happen I suppose but I think it'll be comfortable enough for Stuttgart.

Its not only that. Its the built in arrogance of being Bavarian - they consider themselves to be superior to other Germans.

They just expected to win and that's what happened. To rock up to the away fixture with all the hats, shirts and paraphernalia printed out and ready to go is just that, arrogance. I will admit though, its not misplaced.

I so expected this result I backed Bayern at over 6/1 on Betfair because everyone knew it was inevitable.

You got Bayern at 6/1 to win a league game? Very strange.

As for them having the winners shirts printed, all teams who can win the league going into the last game would do that, in every league. Just in case.

It's not like Bayern are the 1st team ever to have done that.

It's safe to say Dortmund blew it, rather than Bayern winning it.

Bayern just did what they had to do and hope.

• Advertisement

Bayern were 7.2 on Betfair to win the title.

Couldn't say no.

Cos the bookies thought Dortmund were a shoe in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

I was at the st Pauli game yesterday. This went down very well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

I know they lost it, but with the chances they had, you'd think faith would allow one more goal to slip in, or Bayern to just be inches away with one of their chances.

BVB just haven't been quite good enough the last decade, but they've gotten very little of the rub of the green either. They, and Reus, deserved that at the weekend imo

As a football fan, I was willing Dortmund on at the weekend, as I watched both games.

But couldn't believe how off the pace BVB were. Had Haller hit that pen properly and scored, it might have given them the lift to push on, but it seemed to deflate them, which is obvious.

They left it too little too late, but with Adeyemi going off injured too, they didn't get much luck.

Bayern didn't play well, but they did what they had to.

Watching the Stuttgart v Hamburg play off. Should be nearly over already after 45min. Stuttgart 1 up but could have been 3. Missed a pen.

Hamburg no shots on goal. Not at the races.

Yeah, Fernandez keeping us in the tie, but nothing to show that we have a chance to win it...

That was too easy.

The tie could be over tonight. Stuttgart look like they could score away too.

And maybe that is it over. Hamburg haven't won a header tonight.

This escalated fast... can't see a way back...

• Advertisement

Going as well as most expected.

A harsh red?

Was hoping for a bit more fight.

Team still seems deflated from Sunday's agony...

It will be an amazing game on Monday if Hamburg are going to be in the Bundesliga again..

Very one sided tonight.

Bielefeld almost certainly relegated for the second year in a row. Wiesbaden 4-0 up and the game has been stopped because of trouble in the away section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

Hamburg starting like a house on fire and 1-0 up with a great strike!

And stuffed in the end over 2 legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

Hamburg vs Schalke live on Skysports YouTube.

Classic 2 Liga. Defending is frowned upon.

HSV so wasteful in that half but the Schalke keeper has been in great form on his debut.

• Advertisement

The lack of promotion from the league leading up/during/after this game has been shambolic. There wasn't much else on tonight and it was HSV v Schalke. Sky UK were showing 5 year old League One football on Sky Sports Football instead and put the game on their YouTube channel.

The Bundesliga accounts on Twitter haven't tweeted in weeks either.

An 8 goal thriller and the official highlight package is a hastily thrown together goal compilation which only tells half the story.

The DFL are a hopeless organisation.

Advertisement