Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

Seems to be that if you select the Advanced option to receive over-the-air updates as soon as they are ready for your cars particular configuration, they roll out a couple of weeks before the standard deployment cycle. Also this shouldnt be confused with enrolling in Tesla's Early Access Program for beta testing new features like FSD.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

yes, and if you want the car to go and look for an update sooner that it would be deployed to your car naturally, you simply toggle between standard and advanced and it will seek out any any available updates for your car...

I have mine set to Advanced, and did the toggle trick last week and low and behold 10 seconds later there was an update available!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Picking up my M3 RWD tomorrow week - is there a list of recommended accessories ?

I had seen some stuff online about the cup holders being a bit crap, and I'm considering a screen protector also - anything else ?

(I already have a spare SSD formatted to FAT32 for the dashcam)

If I had to choose one, its the sliding centre console tray is by far the best accessory.

If you do wheel rotations yourself (should be every 10,000km), then a set of lifting puks is handy also.

Also, for when I want to pull the aeros off I have a set of 5-jaw wheel nut covers from Aliexpress that were fairly cheap and are still looking great 2 years later.

Enjoy the Tesla goodness!

Honestly, you don't need anything!!

When I got mine I got an after market wireless charger and aftermarket floor mats.. I did this as they didn't come with the car back then, but they do now.

Pick up the car, and use it for a few weeks, and then decide what you need.

I would however advise getting a High Endurance microSD card or SSD for Dashcam/Sentry as although Tesla give you a flash drive with the car, flash drives are not best placed to act as dashcam storage as the constant writing/re-writing is not great for them. Now it might still work fine for years and years, but at the same time could pack in after 6 months!! So ask yourself is it worth the risk especially when it comes to dashcam/sentry...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

The only bits I initially bought that I find handy are the two trays for the central storage areas. Also possibly the wheel trim bits if you remove the aero covers. Haven't used them much, think I prefer the practicality of the covers. Didn't bother with the screen protector, am generally careful in car.

Best thing is to wait a while (Difficult, I know)

What's included as standard now ?

Are Floormats and mudguards standard ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

front small mudguards, with extenders if you need. (Not recommended as they apparently scrape ground). Carpet mats are included.

My front mudguard extenders eventually stopped scraping as they wear down. Now they are grand and still look decent. Saves a whole lot of muck on the car if you travel down country roads frequently.

Speaking of muck, I forgot to mention the deep car mats are a must if you have cr@p on your boots....or kids! They are a bit on the expensive side (can be had for sale on Amazon from time to time) but are a supurb fit. They have a very deep tread pattern though which can catch high heels - although I cant speak from experience! If you buy just make sure they are for a RHD M3.

I live in the country so lots of muck no matter what direction I go in - might look at the mudguards......

• Advertisement

Bit mad they mudguard extenders are too long - could you manually cut them down a bit ?

Yeah, if you want.

I only got mine a few months after getting the car, I put them on (flaps & extenders)c and noticed them rubbing all the time, then was out with Tesla for a warranty issue and they themselves recommended taking the extenders off, which they did for me…

• Registered Users Posts: 33,907 ✭✭✭✭listermint

More price drops again.

Have to be honest the way the company is being run is absolutely off the wall. It's really tarnishing trust if the value of your purchase is being absolutely Hammer we by erratic price changes for new models.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

VW just done the same with the ID4. New entry level for €40k.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,907 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Are they doing it every few months to shift stock and bump cash flow for the stock market?....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Don’t know. I don’t look at those things but Joe Duffy VW has been dropping prices every month in 2023 to shift excess stock of ID3 and 4. Some of their cars have been there since last September in the holding pens along the M50.

Retail price is €45,100, trade in contribution bringing the price down artificially to €40,750. Now sure how that works in practice, do you get a low ball offer of €15K for say a 2020 Golf and then they add the trade in contribution on top? Are you better off trading a €2K banger and be happy you think your getting €4K for it ? If it works as above, you’re still not really getting a new ID4 for €40K. They have %PCP or 2.9%HP available though which are way better than most competitors at the moment. Range/Spec very poor on a 52KWh ID4 Pure, €40K would be better spent on a low mileage €77kWh 1st Edition with all the toys.

The maths on that ad doesnt compute.

€40,750 + €4,150 = €44,900

Until you go to sign on the dotted line, the dealer says "oh yeah, I forgot about the [insert bollox fee] of €200".

....and why do posters on Donedeal insist on writing in all-caps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭LasersGoPewPew

This is why I like Teslas sales model. What you see advertised is what you pay unlike most manufacturers.

Is that a bit tongue in cheek?

I know what you mean, but the Tesla price calculator page is very confusing.... especially they they throw in the 'projected savings' nonsense... assuming everyone is coming from an ICE...

Tesla's also shown to adjust their pricing in both directions without warning as well.

The manufacturer direct sale model with fixed prices is definately preferred by folk who don't like or interested in bargaining, but I like the chance to squeeze as much as I can out of a deal as I can. I once got a dealer to have a big bunch of flowers waiting for my wife when she went to pickup a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭LasersGoPewPew

It's not nonsense IMO. I believe it does prompt people to do a spreadsheet comparing the running costs of a 40k ICE compared to a 40k Model 3. It certainly prompted me to do the real world calculations. Unsurprisingly the M3 would save me a considerable amount of money over the projected ownership period compared to an equivalent priced ICE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Got my 3 back from PPF (front, lower doors, rear arch, load lip) and ceramic coating. Amazing. Some would say flawless 😂

You’re obviously not a member of the Firesale 80 club ?

Tesla work their magic at the other end offering paltry trade in values valid for 30days and a crystal ball for EDD’s.

Zucar, autobuy etc only allow a 7 day window on purchase prices too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭sk8board

The Tesla Ireland website doesn’t even list the correct price? the model 3 for €42,990, but the cash price is €40,750 or something. We might all know it’s a mistake cause we’re in the know, but people genuinely looking at Tesla for the first time won’t follow through to see the difference.

and they need to drop all the ‘price after savings’ garbage. We all drive different mileage and pay different prices for electricity or fuel, but I’ll bet the generic savings numbers they use haven’t been updated in years and were far too high to begin with.

the only thing Tesla do that’s different to other car manufacturers is that their options list is basically just wheels and paint, which I’m a huge fan of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

The variables of the calculator are there for you to change as you like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

What year and km on the clock is yours?

Im dreading trading this thing in. The new price is great for buyers now but an absolute disaster for people like us. When the grant goes fully it will help but I’m not sure this car will be worth the ballon payment when I’m done. I’m predicting it will but there will be little to no equity.

On the other hand you would hope other brands stop the weird deals and actually reduce prices but it’s not a given since a lot are sold on finance so stuff like zero % pcps will be attractive.

I really like this car but at the moment I wouldn’t get another mainly because of this. My mind may change on that depending on how the market is over the next year or two but the large drop felt like a sucker punch.

Advertisement