Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[WTD] Racing Frame - Rim Brake

• 24-05-2023 1:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭

So the Ras wasnt kind to my Ridley Noah Fast and its now in a few pieces so im trying to sort a replacement racing frame of similar quality. Im ringing around bike shops and am also waiting back from Ridley about their Crash Replacement Policy but i dont hold much hope with that as i dont know if they even do rim brake Noah's anymore, nevermind the fact i got that frame at about 60% off new!

So anyone got anything for a 183cm tall rider, probably in the 56-58 range, about 565 stack/393 reach

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,720 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Have you tried Hollingsworth, @fat bloke bought a gorgeous rim brake colnago from them not so long ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭pairofpears

I have an Izalco Max Zero 58cm frame not getting as much use as it should and the N+1 isnt working out for me. Its running Ultegra 6800 with 52/36 Absolut Black oval chainrings and 11/28 on the back. I have the Shimano 50/34 rings still along with a spare pair of jockey wheels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Thanks but will pass on that, just a tad bit big for me and not looking for a whole bike ideally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭pairofpears

I would sell off the frame but having checked the stack and reach a 56cm would be best for you. best of luck with the hunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Did you hear back on the crash replacement?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

mind me asking do the organisers of the Ras provide any cover for broken frames? it sounds like it'd be the decent thing to do - but something an insurance company would run screaming from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Treated the same as any other race, not covered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭Bambaata

No nothing yet, sent them a reminder yesterday but zilch from that too. Might try via an Irish distributor. That was through MErlin, who just told me they have raised a request with Ridley. Prob not heard back themselves yet.

Advertisement