Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick improvement projects

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭geotrig

but none of those issues can be linked to building of one estate close to you ,well outside of the dust maybe and well that will eventually settle and is a nonsense reason for objecting to a housing estate not sure why you still cant go out your back and bbq ,again anyplace has the potential to turn into a crap area even without more buildings being added ,all it take is one troublesome family buying legally and it can turn crap

the perceived "value" probably has more to do with lower lending and higher rates than this build tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 26,062 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

What about the people of nice peaceful rural Mungret who have to put up with the likes of you moving in to new builds with your horrendous attitudes and bombing around in your big stupid BMW.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭boetstark

God you seem to know alot about me.

Not that i owe you any explanation but i dont drive a bmw i drive a volvo.

Also it might surprise you that more people that i know hold the same terrible attitudes.

The reason for lower values is not because of ECB rates and that is according to the professionals.

Where do you live. Ive been very specific on my location and the reasons why i object to , wait for it , HIGH DENSITY , LOW COST , UNSTRUCTURED , FREE HOUSING.

Looking forward to your reply

• Advertisement

where do you suggest they build these then ?im curious , how do you envisage they fix the social issues you are seeing or is it a case build it elsewhere where its not my problem ? even social housing isnt free

not sure why in the city you thought they'd never build i the large green area that has been undeveloped .i live ruralish and am under no illusion that at some point it could end up being built up around me.

You should look up the history of Mungret. It's not the upper class ShangriLa you think it is and neither you or anyone else has no right to veto what kind of person gets to live there.

Shock horror the "masses" are moving into rural Mungret 🤣

Not sure either , but i think its very unfair to place a load of cheap high density housing into a settled area where most people pay for their houses by going out to work each day.

I dont have the answers and i can see that on this forum i am very much in the minority. But out of 247 houses in our estate we got 203 signatures attached to an appeal gone to An Bord Pleanala.

not sure why you or the "professionals " 😂 think that

God once again lots of assumptions.

I drive a big stupid bmw , i think mungret is an upper class shargria la and im trying to veto who lives in mungret.

I will repeat i dont drive a bmw

I dont live in mungret

And class means nothing to me.

• Advertisement

How the fek is it a settled area when it was only built new a few years ago 🤣

And sorry you don't drive a BMW I apologize. I assumed you did because you purchased one a few years ago.

The way you talk about people who have less money than you clearly care about class.

I was replying to another poster with that comment btw.

But fire away and ignore the reply i gave you.

The Grange phase 2 was completed in 2003. Phase 4 is over 13 years old. Not sure how you regard that as a few.

do you have a link to the planning for this estate ? curious to look at the development ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Firsty, your need to look up what constitutes high density. It doesn't exist anywhere in Limerick. Secondly, how do you know it's low cost? How is it free housing exactly? How is it unstructured?

Also case 22841 is not under construction. It only got permission off the council at the start of May and has been appealed to ABP. It's not not due for decision until September.

enough time to sell the house ,all that I can see mostly in that is that everyone parks on the paths and blocks pedestrians anyway and if it a constant movement of pedestrians and cyclist does that not slightly deter anti social behavious i'm not sure what will... troublesome teens tend to want to be out of sight somewhat .

honestly I don't see much difference to the objections there than any other applications I've looked at in recent times.

Ahm. I know all that because i have submitted an appeal.

Bloody hell if 48 units per hectare isnt high density i dont know what is. High rise apartments are the only developement with higher umit numbers pon footprint.

Nearly 1200 homes due for construction without a thought for increased infrastructure. Road upgrades , roads being decreased for cycle lanes that are not being used.

Where will all these extra people get mefical and dental care. No new community facilities.

Development 22841 behind us has no ball playing or recreation spaces. We pointed this out to a planner. The response was sure you have a large green area in front of your 8 houses. This is a green area that we have maintained , reseeded and placed goalposts.

Now you said boo hoo. Where do you live and would you be happy in our situation.

Oh yeah and the elephant in the room some of the units 11 metres from our rear are to contain traveller families as per a councillor info.

Forgive me if i dont crack open the champagne.

We have given up on the development being halted. The walkway is our concern. Look at our objections re safety of pedestrians and cyclists.

The Grange was built 20 odd years ago. Different planning best practice. The roads and footpaths were provided for the numbers living in the area. If householders dont park partially on footpaths another car will not pass through , never mind a bin truck or delivery van or ambulance.

Yet the idiots in Planning insist on sending another 96 household plus through this area with no facilities or capacity.

It is hard to remain level headed in this situation. If a motorist hits a cyclist on this road which is only 5.1 metres wide in parts ??

You complain about the cycle lanes and then complain that the road is dangerous for a cyclist 🤣

• Advertisement

Yep lots of cycle lanes and very few people using them. Bollards blocking off the lanes to protect cyclists that are not there. Billards creating a hazard for emergency vehicles as no room for cars to pull in anymore.

And yes if cyclists are to use the throughway in our esrate on a 5.1 metre wide road i'd love to know where is the room for a cycle lane.

Very simple dont encourage cyclists to use unsafe area and instead use area on main road where there are dedicated cycle lanes.

Easy but too difficult for your simpleton Planners to grasp.

Roads don't crash into cyclists. Only motorists performing dangerous manoeuvres do.

But it's grand anyway because the cyclists in your NIMBY scenario don't actually exist according to you 😁

Also cycle lanes obstructing emergency vehicles is so fekin NIMBY.

You don't need to worry about cyclists anyway because the "unemployed masses" you speak of are only into the scrambler bikes and horses. Youre gonna love them.

You started by saying that your house was covered in dust and devalued due to construction at this site. Now you're admitting that the development that you're objecting to hasn't even begun. Make up your mind.

It's none of your business where I live, but there has been plenty of development around me in recent years with more planned. It's the same low density that you seem to think is high density. Also there will be two other entrances to this estate when the council build the next phase of the LIHAF road.

These new people were never going to get medical or dental care in or around their housing estate, so that's just a red herring argument. The 2040 plan wants Limerick City to have a population of 150000. This extra 50000 people across the city will all need medical and dental care in the future and it's the governments job to provide it.

Fair play to ye for maintaining a public space, but it is a public space. You and your fellow residents don't own it. I can also see a large green space on the plan. (BTW my estate was built in the 80s and doesn't have any green space).

Building standards are way stricter today than they were during the boom. I can guarantee that these homes will be of a higher standard that yours. Is your home A2 energy rated?

So again I say boo hoo and call you a NIMBY.

Dust is from another development behind the primary school , hopefully thats not too difficult to grasp.

Ok so if 46 to 50 units is not high density then maybe let me know what is.

Our house is a1 ber rated because we have spent a s##t load of money on it. Money that i might have well put a match to.

Also green space that we dont own isnt maintained by its owners LCC. It would be an overgrown crock of shite if left to them. The developement behind us is barely complying woth planning regs of 15% allocated to green areas. None of which are suitable for ball playing.

Anyway i am done with this argument as i will be with this stupid backwater in a few years. Sorry to hell ever moved here in first place.

Good luck then. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Hopefully you might experience that first hand sometime. Typical Irish soft as s**t mentality. If i dont agree then it cant be . Idiot

Ah go away out of it. You were caught rotten lying and now your trying to dig up.

Good luck in your new utopia.

Experience what ?

Living near people with horses or being knocked down on my bike ?

How dare you call me a liar. You have been spouting absolute crap replying to me without one shred of evidence. Ranging from bmws to living in mungret

Now i shouldnt have to justify to a woke ignoramus like yourself but see the attachment.

• Advertisement

Cant help myself answering you. If 48 to 52 units per ha isnt high and 28 per ha low please explain what is and your sources.

I wont need a door to hit me leaving as it will be on a ferry same way we came here.

Advertisement