Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,713 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Everything the right says is utterly disposable and therefore meaningless.

Take jobs. If jobs went up under Trump, they were important. If they didn't, they weren't. The opposite now holds true under Biden. If he boosts jobs, they're irrelevant. If he doesn't, he's lazy/inept/has dementia, etc...

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,713 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Who are his handlers? Can you name them please

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭bewareofthedog

Evidence of what, that he's 80 years old and has fallen over repeatably in public?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,823 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Evidence to support your casted aspersions at the Biden WH physician?

• Advertisement

Did he have a cognitive test? I'm sorry to state the obvious but it's not the WH's prerogative to release negative information publicly as evidenced by the crazy reports Trump had issued.

Back to the real world, if you had a parent who had fallen over a few times in the last couple years would you let them drive their car for example? You'd be at least concerned right. When it happens to a world leader it's fair game to question his health.

If the political rabids stopped the hyper partisan stuff defending the indefensible and simply said, as you mentioned in the previous post "Well age vs age they're both old and have issues" then that would be at least a somewhat honest view of the situation and a cordial conversation could be had.

He’s not my parent he’s my president. My parents don’t have 24/7/365 security and staff and an on site physician either.

And presidents don’t drive themselves really. Biden has but a few times in very controlled circumstances because he loves cars, but no indication he’s a problematic motorist. Falling over and driving are not inexorable, I don’t know why you tried to draw such a connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Seems pretty good on the bicycle, and after the fall at the USAF academy (btw, after a couple hours handing out diplomas), he was seen skipping for reporters a bit later. Skipping.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The "test" that Trump crowed about is one that is used ONLY when a Doctor has a genuine concern about the Cognitive abilities of the person.

If the Doctor isn't concerned , then they don't do the test , simple as that. Equally it's not a "hard" test , if you find it remotely tough as Trump described it , you have a problem.

To your other question about Biden falling and whether it's a concern.

My own parents , one has Parkinsons and the other has Dementia so I am intimately aware of what things like that look like and how they manifest at all stages of the illnesses.

Context here is critical - Slipping on a wet metal stairway to an Aircraft (something that multiple Presidents have done) is very different to falling over just walking across a room , the same applies to Biden tripping over a sandbag holding the mic-stand in place on a temporary stage.

You seemed to have missed my question about Biden’s handlers you mentioned. Who are they and what qualifications do they hold? Surely within some kind of government transparency, they'd be able to named. Reason why I ask is because when I Google 'Biden handlers' all that's returned is some qanon conspiratorial sites

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Even if Biden ended up in a wheelchair it wouldn't affect his ability to do the job.

F.D.R. was basically crippled for the entire duration of his record long time in office and he's consistently ranked at the very top of all the US Presidents.

Sure there's an element of optics involved but when his likely opponent next year is Donald Trump it doesn't really come into play.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,023 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

hope he's alright. felt bad for him.

i'm just surprised the secret service let a rogue sand bag just lie there

If you yourself are searching for qanon material I can see why that might show up for you. Nice smear attempt though.

It's pretty simple, handlers is the word for his team of people telling him what positions to hold and what to do and say.

Here's one of them ( ironically showed up in my google search ).

So you're just spouting QAnon guff then. Thanks for confirming.

Can't find their names, do you mean pr consultants or geriatric care? On the video you posted, have you one that hasn't been voiced over? It's quite obvious it has in fairness

Like the user said, and your search results verify: Qanon stuff. Youtube links to random channels, Quora links (lol), Fox News (shock! It's their narrative...), and lets for **** and giggles see who the others are: the temple daily telegram, deep red texas rag, and the freedom foundation (Republican Think Tank) and so-called independent institute is not independent at all, but Libertarian.

Hilarious. If these results looked normal, objective or credible to you you're in muh prayers.

edit: speak of the divils

Like a ratking trying to fight over a morsel of cheese, these people have all been waiting what, months since the last momentarily headline-grabbing biden gaffe? It was the Black and Tans thing right? That morsel of cheese, Harris Faulkner has to make that work for her, she needs the ratings, suddenly the sandbag is making Biden capitulate to Russia, story at 11.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

‘He has handlers and a team telling him what to say/do all the time.’

Welcome to every prominent politician that has ever politicked.

You're quick with the lefty buzzwords when challenged on something, "link dump" "conspiracy" "Qanon".

Every one at the top of the political ladder has a team of handlers telling them what positions to hold and what to say publicly. That isn't exactly news or a "Qanon" stance to take. The difference with Biden is that he's so frail and physically challenged he's being perceived as being a hollow puppet devoid of any political substance whatsoever.

If you don't think that's how it works you are an extremely naive person.

Speaking of the other enemy Fox News loves to whistle about, China, not capitulating to them either:

If the most voters will remember to complain about in November next year is that he tripped on a grip's sandbag this will be an easy 2nd term win for him.

No, I just don't believe the Q-crap. Feel free to provide evidence but we both know there isn't any.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

No , the "difference" is that the angle that "he's so frail and physically challenged he's being perceived as being a hollow puppet devoid of any political substance whatsoever." is an exclusively right-wing fever dream as evidenced by every single one of the links you showed earlier.

Each and every link was from a far right outlet or from randomers on Youtube and Quora.

It's an invented wildly over-hyped storyline coming from people seemingly incapable of actually trying to challenge Biden on Policy or anything else substantive.

The timing of him tripping over a sandbag was great for them as it gives them something to distract their followers from the fact that they got beaten like a drum on the debt ceiling negotiations.

It would be terrible for GOP voters to have too long to actually focus on the fact that the GOP have delivered absolutely Zero since they took their slender control of the House .

Right now, the two leading contenders for the GOP nomination aren't offering a single tangible thing to help their voters.

One just wants to go a revenge tour punishing everyone that told the truth about him losing the Election and the other wants to "Destroy the woke mind virus" or some other invented nonsense that most people don't care about and that doesn't affect their daily lives one bit.

Calling Qanon a lefty buzzword when Qanon was coined by... Qanon.

🤡

So now your argument is every politician has handlers, so now we're back to why does this matter then?

Hollow Puppet devoid of any political substance sure does make it look easy. The way you try and spin it, BODog, Biden should have completely shut down here and not known what to do until a handler stopped by to give him a juice box and orange slices and a stack of cue cards. But that didn't happen:

Honestly, you need to realize this, other Trumpers/Brandon Enthusiasts should learn too, as journalists are slowly beginning to report on: it actually only strengthens "Dark Brandon" when Republicans try and make these wild claims about Biden being 'handled', as "can't put on his own pants" -- and then the Republicans who allegedly aren't handled, are able to put their trousers on, they keep getting outmaneuvered by him at every step of the way. Yet here we have users repeating the same broken efforts to impugn Biden for being 'old' etc. that they thought would usher in a "Red Wave November" just wat, 9 months ago? Have none of them, none of you, learned nothing new?

They got high on their own fumes, over and over again, constantly and baselessly demeaning and undermining Biden, that they completely discredited the fact, provable, that he is still highly competent and a perfect back-to-normal presidency. And through their own remarks (as linked), they are admitting that their own side is a shambolic mess - so why wouldn't he get his 2nd term, and ride off with Hunter into the sunset in a convertible on the way to the Amtrak station?

You will hyperfixate on this issue though, and in a few months there will be another battle in Congress and his detractors will be 'shocked' again to learn at that time, again, that he's still just as competent then as he was in January, and this week with the debt/credit crisis.

he's so frail and physically challenged

Yet he wiped the floor with big guy trump

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭WheelieKing

It wasn't the fall so much with Joe it was how much he struggled to get back up that worried me the most. These falls now are becoming much more frequent and how long until he does himself real damage?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

‘Much more frequent’ - prove it.

I fall over more times in a week than Biden has in the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭satguy

He won't be on the ballot in 24,, the nation holds their breath every time he falls,, as they all know that the next big fall might put Kamala Harris in the big seat, and nobody wants that.

If sure in the background, the Dems are doing their best to fine a candidate that might take Biden's place on the ballot.. A tough job given the bench is so weak..

Communist Joe Biden doing communism by looking after the oligarchs.

• Advertisement

The satanist blogs have really cleaned up their act. can’t find this one’s Ad Fontes score though. Can you define communism for us? What’s Biden doing that is communism, did I miss him seizing the means of production?

”But with much of the American Left crushed into fine dust and a non-factor in Washington, the party’s leaders are no longer bothering with pretense.”

in love with the sound of their own prose but hardly a fine journalism. What else you have, your own opinions?

Advertisement