Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Crossed the 2MWh generated YTD mark today.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭mhtc

Hi, a week into our new install. Hoping to get your opinion on the best use of the eddi.

Our eddi kicks in a few times during day (as expected)

Before having solar, heating the tank in the morning would pretty much do us for most of the day, maybe one boost in the evening.

Just wondering, with the eddi, is it possible to only have the one heating event, and manually boost later if needed?

Or asked another way, would it be more cost effective to push to grid instead of the additional heating periods?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

I assume that you don't have a battery if it's heating the water at 9am? Also you should let people know if your on "deemed export" or metered export and finally what tariff your on. (peak/offpeak/low) that matters a lot on the strategy to employ.

What's happening there is that your main heating period at 8am is heating the water in the tank up to temperature. Then at 9:30am or so....the tank is now at temperature and the thermostat "cuts off" the heating element as the water is hot. It stays this way until 11:30am all the time the water in the tank is very slowly losing heat. Then at 11:30am the thermostat resets and it allows the tank to be heated again. Similarly same thing happens at 3:30pm. Presumably you didn't use much water in this period as the heating required to get back up to temp was small.

There is a scheduled boost feature in the eddi, I think you can set 2x separate events. You might want to consider having a scheduled boost at (say) 6pm for 30 mins. If the water is hot then it will be a "null op" as in it won't spend energy heating water as it's already hot, but if it's a cloudy day, then it will heat up to temp.

Note: As opposed to my previous mail about it's ok to have slight tangents......this topic really should be in the "Eddi issues" thread :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭mhtc

Ah ok, I'll continue on "Eddi issues". Thanks a mil for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 thatphil

This is the week that just keeps giving. There hasn't been a cloud in the sky above Kilcullen in Kildare all week.

15.6kWh generated on Thursday another record breaker. Only by 100 watt hours but still delighted. Haven't seen consistency like this since install in March of my 2.4kWp south facing system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭THE ALM

A consistent few days 54.6, 54.7, 54.8 with that extra few minutes making a difference...😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Pulled 1.1mwh in May with a YTD total of 2.93wmh - I need my EV to arrive soon to start sucking up my oversupply as I've been pulling over 50kwh per day since the good weather arrived!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,083 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Not doing well today at all only at 10kWh, this time yesterday was over double

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭paulbok

Have almost done 50% of January's production already this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I've beaten my December total already this month after two days.

But my layout is East/West so winter was poor.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Ive beaten my December output in 1 day 😂

Flatish panels don't do well in December but do really well in the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Mine are fairly flat too at about 15 degrees. But I'd need to hit 93kWh in a day to match December.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭redmagic68

48.92 and still trickling. The morning was really poor. Still not sure we’ve maxed out at 53.5kwh then again never thought 50 was possible.

can anyone suggest a good EV thread I need to educate myself. Mostly interested in Irish conditions and peoples experience as opposed to you tube reviews. Thanks

8.4 kwp east/west Louth,6kw sofar, 9.6kwh batt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

20kWh after a poor start, afternoon was a cracker.

3.1 kWp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭DC999

There's an active Boards EV forum. Load of us here have EVs. Summary is get one :) Next bit is what size battery do yoh need which drives the cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭paulbok

I noticed earlier that my panels have a decent coating of dust/sand on them, so that's probably why my 6.84kW of panels are not hitting 6kW on the inverter at the moment. Last year it regularly was clipping in weather like this.

Will try and wash later this evening when the direct sun is off them and they are cooler.

21.6 kWh, great stuff. Equals record day from end of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

65.4kWh today which is another record. If that happens again tomorrow, it'll be over 4mWh since the installation in late January.

10.4kWp pointed south in south Dublin.

53.75kwh yesterday. A new record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Another 54kwh, over 330kwh in 6 days which brings it to more generation than December and January put together.

Man I f*****g hate the bad months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭micks_address

Just over 43 and still doing 650 watts. 7kwp 4 south east, 3 north west, north county Dublin

21.2 kWh another lovely day, blue sky all day long. 13 kWh exported can't even use it all off a small system.

3.1 kWp

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Moreilly

59.6kWh on a 8.8 system,south facing Kildare area.should have cleaned the dirty panels , might have broke 60 !!!😬😬

53.07kwh. 202kwh for the month already.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I had another 3 panels added on the 1st of June, bringing the total to 6.4 kWp. 8 panels on the east and 9 panels on the west. The best day so far with this set up was on the 3rd of June, I generated 36 kWh. Yesterday was almost as good.

Total for May was 673 kWh, during this time is was a 5.4 kWp system.

I would be interested in hearing opinions, are the above values good considering the system size and the east / west split?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

40.7 yesterday , clouded over a bit in the afternoon . 7.4 split east west .

there's a mountain about 3km away on the east , that's why the graph shows a spike when the sun clears the ridge .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

This was yesterday, generated 44 kWh and used 90% of it....was at home soaking it all up, the EV is a godsend in this weather. Have not had to use grid power practically since this good weather started (7 0r 8 days now..). Have to give it the odd boost alright every now and then for an hour or two, but its always during peak production so pumping in 7.4kW and only importing 2-3 kW.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

I pretty much did the same thing. I added 3x panels end of March to my 5.3Kwp system bringing it to just under 6.5Kwp also split exactly E/W (on the nose 90/270) Here are my production figures for the last few days.

Your numbers are pretty close. Close enough that it could easily be down to panel differences, inverter capacity, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭DC999

Mine is a similar setup as a comparision. 4.9kWp with half of it East. Rest is between West and a tiny South.

Max would be 28kWh - but hens teeth. Getting 25kWp a lot in this weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sligopaul

Last 12 days have been massive, if only we got 3 months of it

Advertisement