Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

The game died in the second half. Celtic blew them away in the first 20 minutes and then sat on the beach

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Run Forest Run

What in the hell was Calmac up to for their goal?

I know it's immaterial to the result really... but still it's not the first time he's got caught out for a lapse in concentration. It's always dangerous because of how deep he plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dom40

Very lacklustre performance from the whole team today,we will need to be Way better next week if we are going to beat that other shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,048 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Shocking performance today.

Worst of the season, at least of all the games I have watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

One win away from the title now after the weekend. Would be good to get it wrapped up asap and then give some games to a few players waiting in the wings, Bernabia, Ralston, Vata, Oh etc

First game after the split will be the extra bank holiday weekend, hope fully a home game to win the title

We are in the final, poor second half ,I really thought that we would have buried them today,but we cannot put them away for some reason,we'll played CCV.

Good win but what a miss from Sakala to equalise

Good first half, not so good second but we defended really well. CCV was brilliant again and to hear he has been playing the last few weeks with an injury makes it all the more impressive.

• Advertisement

The ref was poor, it was obviously a foul on O'Riley and Robertson turned expecting Rangers to go up field. All the Rangers players thought it was a foul and stopped but Maeda was sharper than them all.

Tillman injured himself chopping down Taylor but the ref gave nothing... bizarre decision.

The goalmouth scramble in the second half had three Rangers players offside in the leadup to it. The miss from Sakala was unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

CHAMPIONS AGAIN.

HAIL, HAIL.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Stewball

League wrapped up and basically the treble secured.

Where do people think we need strengthening in the summer?

For me we need a centre mid. CalMac & Reo are nailed on starters, O'Riley a good deputy, jury still out on Iwata, Mooy getting on bit and Turnball not good enough IMO.

Great to wrap up another title, we've been excellent in the league this year with only one loss. Hopefully have a chance now to give some of the fringe players a bit more game time. Would be good to see Oh, Iwata, Haksa get a few starts and hopefully Vata get a few run outs

I think out wide is more of an issue for us, it sounds like Abada might go in the summer and Forrest isn't the player he was a few years ago, Haksa is ok as a backup leaving us with with Jota & Maeda starting nearly every game. I definitely think we could do with some strengthening there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,048 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

More strengthening definitely needed. Its time to give the CL group a serious effort, need to be competitive with a view to possibly getting out of it.

If Abada stays (which I hope he does), I'd be happy enough with him, Maeda, Jota & Haksa as our 4 wingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

I think it is a mistake on his part but from what I can gather Abada leaving this summer is more likely then him staying. I hope he does stay like yourself but I would be surprised if he was still a Celtic player come the end of the summer window.

Kyogo has a shoulder issue so I can easily see Oh starting most of the remaining 4 league games. I imagine we will see more of Vata as well and Iwata while of course with CCV done for the remaining games this is a big run of games for Koybayashi.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Mikey Johnston this summer when he returns from his loan in Portugal.

• Advertisement

Got a good laugh at this crest mock up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

We have demoralised them with Ange. They haven’t had a sniff. Be ruthless again on Saturday.

Jesus we were absolutely terrible today,I know we are champions again but we should not let that shower outplay us like that.

Well that was awful, as meaningless a derby game as you'd get but still need to be doing better. Players that came in like Oh, Kobayashi, Bernabei were very poor.

On the up side it keeps Beale in the job for next season

A dead rubber game but my god some of those squad players played themselves out of Celtic in my view

Absolutely terrible 1st half from us,big 2nd half needed to restore some pride that we lost last week and again in that 1sthalf,Come on Celtic wake up.

Expecting a big performance today but let down by another poor performance,we only started playing the last 20 mins feels like the team have already gone on their holidays.

It is quite concerning the level of drop off over the last few months. St Mirren should have won that game as we were utterly dreadful. At this rate, Inverness will definitely fancy their chances in two weeks

Hibs and Aberdeen will also fancy their chances of taking some points off us now.

I get what your saying but I think we will be ok when it comes to Inverness. Clearly we have taken our foot off the pedal since the title was won but still the cup final was a month away. Now its only 10 days or so away I think we will see better performances this week.

• Advertisement

4-2 loss tonight so that is 9 goals shipped in the last 3 games

Another very poor performance tonite against Hibs who were easily beat by the other shower,Another **** performance against Aberdeen and Calley will really believe that the cup is there for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

That's the century of points gone now. Celtic have been very poor the past month or so, 9 goals in the last 3 games is shocking to be honest. They really should be pushing on now to finish the season strongly after winning the league. Rangers only 7 points behind with a season unbeaten at Ibrox. Celtic need a huge summer ahead of them as Rangers will be fired up now with the new season ahead.

What a great half of football there from celtic,2 superb goals by the wee man,we really missed A J in the last few games,he has been brilliant in that first half,just want the hatrick for Kyogo now.looking forward to the second half.

Just our luck Kyogo fecking gets injured,hope it's not going to keep him out for next weeks cup final.

Ah no not AJ as well,Jesus Christ we have zero luck.

Yes good man Karl Starfelt,we actually scored from a corner,just need Joe to save a penalty now.

Great stuff 4-0 the big OH.

Unlucky jota great strike,Big OH knocks it in,brilliant stuff 5 star performance,Have a great day and nite all celtic family.Champions.

• Advertisement

That was more like it 5-0

Great display at the start of the game as well

Champions Again because I am a lucky man!

Ange to Spurs talk seems to be building over the last few days, really hope if doesn't happen and he has another shot at the CL with us next season. I guess we'll find out after the Cup final

looking very much like he is going now,Iwill try and enjoy Saturdays cup final but i really think that we will get the bad news after it,I really hope im wrong.

That's the treble done,I should be over the moon but I'm feeling quite down,Cherio Ange we could have achieved so much more together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

I’ve lived trough Caesar, McStay, Wim, Henrick, Marty and so very importantly, Tommy Burns leaving, amongst so many others. NO MAN IS BIGGER THAN CELTIC.

What a man Ange is, but if he thinks it’ll be better for him at a tinpot shower, then bye, bye.

Have a great night Bhoys, HAIL, HAIL.

• Advertisement

If he goes, he goes. I'll be sad to see him go, but there'll be plenty of good managers interested in taking over.

I just hope the board don't go for a cheap option - that's what really worries me.

Hampden in the sun.. what a great day

I am ignoring the Ange talk and enjoying the Treble

Yes Mr Lyons I agree100% no person is bigger than Celtic ,I just thought that Ange would be with us for another year to test the team that he built in Europe,I just feel let down that he is going to that shower at Spurs who cannot even pronounce his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Run Forest Run

What are you expecting to see that's different in Europe next term?

We know the tactical approach, that's very unlikely to change. All out attack with very little importance given to defending properly.

Tbh, I wouldn't mind seeing what someone like Benitez could do with us. The football might not be as entertaining to watch in the league games, but he has that European pedigree that Ange is lacking.

I've always been of the same mindset as D.Lyons, no-one bigger than the club. It's been a fun couple of years under Ange, but too many of our fans like to hero worship managers and players when it's not really warranted. If Ange goes, I'll wish him good luck and we'll crack on without him. I don't blame the chap wanting to test himself in a better league. That's the reality of our predicament being in a rubbish league.

• Advertisement
Advertisement