Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Section 42 application

Options
  • 03-06-2023 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

A neighbour has asked me to shoot a few deer munching their silage so I'm applying for a Section 42 for the first time on their behalf. On the application form it says to provide a map with the Address, Townland, and Parcel Numbers. Just wondering where I would get such a map?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Double post

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Asus1

If your neighbour is getting any farm payments they will have a map with said information on it,just get a loan of it and make a few photocopies of it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Ordnance Survey map?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭TheEngineer1

Would they include the Parcel info? (Not quite sure what that is)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I’m not sure what the parcel info is myself?

I buy then weekly for planning applications so I could check if we find out that info.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭tomtucker81

I get the folio number off the farmer. Then I use Google earth to make an outline around the farmland. Saving the picture with the farmland outlined, I then use the provided tools on the computer to edit the pic and add text in a corner of the pic with address and folio number.

They check the area/land by the folio number, never had any issue with any 42 map so far.

Takes about 5 minutes to do and you have it saved for future use. Attached is a zoomed in screenshot of one I've done and used.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭garrettod

You'd think that Folio numbers, acreage, and addresses, would be sufficient, like for the NPWS hunting licence.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭J.R.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kunekunesika

Land direct map and a Google earth map, with the outline highlighted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Czhornet

Parcel number is the old type of land registration, starts with a letter and has 8 numbers (I think) after it. Some land may not be registered with the land registry so the land parcel is the old type to go by. The farmer will have all this in his digitised land map for his grants.

Thanks everyone for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Anyone got an idea of time and turnaround of these permissions? A local lad wanted some culled on his property and its on the 4 week mark by now.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭tomtucker81

Really depends on area.

Talking to a person in NPWS about delays and was informed paper application gets processd in the office then referred to rhe local wildlife officer/ranger for their approval or investigation.

Staff shortages meant I applied in March and they're only coming out end of May, but the paper/office end was done circa April time.

Plus my area has a new wildlife officer/ranger which meant they actually wanted to investigate each farm area to see for themselves, whereas the previous one knew the areas at this stage.

Really depends on the area and who's working there

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Rescueme0007

I've had occasion to assist a couple of landowners (it can only be the landowner) to apply for S42, the landowners refer to these maps as "...the area aid maps" which farmers receiving any form of subsidies receive from the dept of Agriculture. They just need to make a photocopy and mark in the areas being damaged, attach to the application and post to the NPWS. As to how long they take, that's anyone's guess as previous commentators have said!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Really depends on the area and who's working there

Newport,Co Limerick area. Anyone got any experience of dealing with whomever in that patch?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement