Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭furrybones

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

My experience was PAS letting my local HR know I was successful and HR contacted my AP to ask me if I wanted to move or stay in the department. I discussed with my PO were the likely openings were (none in the section I was in) and I opted to move department and HR informed PAS

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lollipops89

@Babatunde did you get placed in Clare?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ox?gen

Do PAS check your sick leave when checking references or is that done by the HR section of the department you're assigned to?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 TY76

PAs check the sick leave with your current employer.

I was on the open competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Poolbabe

Well I got my results. Batch 10 number 43!!! Delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Smoochs!

Placed 91 on batch 10 for Dublin, open stream. Am optimistic I will be called for a position. Regarding the scales of pay. Is it possible to skip a scale as EO?When I was a tco in the civil service I remember CO'S talking about jumping from point 3 to 5 on the scale. I ask because I'm also being called for assistant staff officer with dublin city Council. The pay is only slightly less compared to an EO from about point 3 onwards but the annual leave allowance is higher than that of the civil service.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭blondie1985

Anyone here work for department of education in Marlborough street ? Do they have blended ?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭JennyZ

You would start at point 1 if not carrying over existing service that would put you on a higher scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭JennyZ

• Advertisement

For the most part Education is currently 2 days in office, 3 days WFH. There is no blended working policy yet, so that could change.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Anyone who's gone through it already. How long from when you got the clearance check email did you get the offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭itsallabit

@Smoochs! skips are carried to EO if you haven’t gotten both at CO as in if you miss your 2nd due to promotion you still have it applied on your EO grade and you miss both on CO both are applied to you as an EO. Hope that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭itsallabit

@Smoochs! Also choose wisely council and civil service can be very different places to work. Do your homework on promotion etc within both before making a decision based on short term pay arrangements.

@itsallabit thanks, am currently a CO, but only at scale 2. I would be starting the EO at the entry scale. So, you do jump scales in the civil service? Is this an automatic thing do you know?

Thanks for the advice @itsallabit , my decision between taking up ASO, or EO, would primarily depend on location, department, and who calls me first. I was a TCO in the passport office and am now a CO in Fingal. I have somewhat familiarty with the differences. I would love to work in a policy making role/associated role. I feel like civil service prob presents more opportunities in that area. I'm also aware they will put you wherever they need you. I'd rather stay with the public service in a role In a department I've no interest then give up 5 days annual leave and get only slightly more pay with the equivalent experience as an EO. But If you can skip scales as an EO than it would be better because the extra salary would outweigh the loss of the annual leave. Apologies I am a chronic overthinker

• Registered Users Posts: 30 lorness

@furrybones I am waiting to be called for clearance, but do you know if your department wants to keep you, do you get assigned to your dept once clearance is complete or do you have to wait until the rest of the batch have been placed first? I am 2 in the batch, I hope this makes sense....TIA

You will be placed in order of OOM. Assuming there is an opening for an EO in your Department, and your Department has you tagged, you will assigned to them once the person in front of you has been placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Has anyone been called for interview for West Cork? Clonakilty or Bantry?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭WednesdayGirl

Westmeath OOM today

83 Open

42 Interdepartmental

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭blondie1985

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mp170

Any prediction as to when they will open a new EO competition? Do they open one every year? Sadly, I missed the 2022 one.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭OKDublin

I think it is every two years. If you read back through previous notices in this thread, you will see this has been asked and answered by others.

Does anyone know how many people are in a batch?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mo-chara1

Hi Folks,

I had Kildare down as my chosen county for this competition and PAS have requested that I nominate which areas within Kildare I would take a position in.

Would I be right with the following departments in kildare ? or is there other departments I am not aware.,

Naas = Dept of Agriculture, An Garda Siochana.

Newbridge = Dept Defence, Social Welfare, An Garda Siochana

Kildare = An Garda Siochana

FYI, the PAS have advised that they have called everybody from Batch 3 to clearance and will be starting batch 4 shortly.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Any idea where Cork oom is at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Stranger Things

Hi guys, what does a core-flexi mean?

"Our core Flexi is 5" for example

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Inmate2020

I turned down interest for Dublin for my other county .. my other county hasn’t moved an inch since March 27th . Beyond shocked given we have 3 empty seats with EO vacancies .. so frustrated and feel I’ve shot myself in the foot . I would have been well interviewed for Dublin at this point 🤬

Post edited by Inmate2020 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Red Wolf

Not sure what Core Flxi 5" means but in general Civil Service departments offer flexible working hours as per the below

What flexi leave is

Many Government departments and offices operate a system of flexible working hours (FWH), or ‘flexi leave’. Under this system, civil servants must work their full quota of hours, but they are given much more flexibility in doing so.

Since 1 July 2013, the Civil Service normal attendance period is 09.12 to 17.45 Monday to Thursday and 09.12 to 17.15 on Fridays.

Staff may, within certain limits, vary their arrival times, departure times, and lunch breaks. Hours that are open to variation in this way are known as ‘flexible hours’. The main part of the day, when all staff should be at their jobs, is not open to variation and is known as ‘Core Time’*. A typical working day under FWH might be divided as follows, subject to the business need in the area:

Flexible Morning Band

08.00 – 10.00

Staff may start work any time during this band. Time worked before 08.00 will not gain credit.

Morning Core Time

10.00 – 12.30

Staff must be present during this period unless on an authorised absence.

Flexible Lunch Band

12.30 – 14.30

Staff must take a minimum lunch break of 30 minutes but the break may be extended to last up to 2 hours.

Afternoon Core Time

14.30 – 16.00

Staff must be present during this period unless on an authorised absence.

Flexible Evening Band

16.00 – 19.00

Staff may finish work any time during this band. Time worked after 19.00 will not gain credit.

Advertisement