Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

I keep an old pair of steel toe cap boots for summer work. I cut a few small holes on the side of the boot around the foot arch area. Tie them slightly loose and every step you keep air circulating around your feet. Personally I a m not a fan of thick cotton socks as I find they are too warm and just get damp with sweat. I wear thin cotton blended socks, Dunnes stores finest or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

I use merino wool socks, I always had problems with the soles of my feet and sweaty feet and this had them sorted.

they're expensive but they last a long time. they are cool in summer and warm in winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Anyone get a "Farm Structure Survey" in the post last week? Or what is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Finished up at work on Friday after 17years. School is closing and 8 of us are leaving. Students were crying with us going. Leadership weren’t. No suprise there.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

• Advertisement

Yeah, I requested a transfer and got it. Tg. Same terms and conditions, no break in my service.

looking forward to it. Reminds me a lot of where we were when I started- low numbers but potential to grow.

Best of luck with it. Nothing like a new start to look forward to

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭emaherx

Yes, filled it in, took a few min, not a whole lot to it, just a few questions on machines, livestock etc.

I thought it was about buildings when I seen it first but more about enterprise structure.

Got a survey this morning from aib asking about my experience moving from ulsterbank.ie. considering my overdraft and existing loan haven't moved yet from ulster it was a survey I enjoyed filling out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

Last week I rang AIB as I was looking to increase my overdraft limit. Talk about hardship for such a simple thing. I dunno how lads every tricked the banks before but I sure as hell think they’ll never be tricked again if they are as tight with everyone else as me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Packrat

After doing nearly 700 km of road today in the day-job listening to Americans, - mo dinner tonight. No blame to herself, she was working too and had the kids outings after.

So I found a bit of left over home pork from 2 days ago in the fridge.

Those sandwiches washed down by 3 cups of tea were the nicest meal I've eaten this year so far. I'd make another one but I'd be afraid I'd burst.

Everyone should keep a pig. I can't because t'would only be another job feeding him and the kids wouldn't let me send him away after.

I managed to source one through a buddy locally.

It's seriously nice though.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

• Registered Users Posts: 18,557 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

There is something about cold pork and about pork sandwiches. YR sauce with it. Cold poached ( boiled how you came accross is your own business) wild salmon is similar. YR sauce with it as well.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭DBK1

A big fan of the yr sauce myself, there’s no dinner that it doesn’t make tastier!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,267 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Chef brown sauce isn't a patch on YR.

I wouldn’t give it to a bad dog, it’s not even a close relation to yr sauce!

One of my favourite barbecue salads - chopped red and yellow bell (sweet) peppers, red onion, cucumber, a handful of chopped salted peanuts, a couple of cloves of garlic and a good drizzle of YR sauce to dress it - yum.

It goes really well with any red meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Packrat

Throwing no shade at you Base, but it just shows how far we've moved from our roots that I begin a conversation about a feed of cold meat & bread, and it ends up on barbecue salads... Nowhere safe anymore.... ;-)

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Try Branston pickle or Ploughman's instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Cucumber is one of those things that is pointless and tasteless and ruins everything it comes into contact with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Have you ever eaten a home grown one?

That's a horse of a different colour.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

I can taste the YR now with ham or cold chicken - thanks folks!

My father used to call it "the black sauce", as in "Get the black sauce from the fridge there, will ya?"

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

hot Boiled spuds, masked afterwards with milk, a load of Kerry gold butter, a few scallions and a wallop of yr sauce. I often said if I was on death row it would be my last meal, with a big jug of milk to was it down

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

If the injection didn't kill you the diabetes or cholesterol would get you quick enough after

You’ve just described my favourite meal with the milk the icing on the cake!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Nowadays we have the "ick factor", one being drinking milk with your meals is supposed to be a total put-off for the opposite sex..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Chef for me always. Tried Yr but never liked

• Registered Users Posts: 18,557 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Chef sauce has a sharp vinigery taste. YR is the buachaill. Great with a fry or mixed grill as well. Much more fruity.

On the mixed grill have not seen it on a menu anywhere for a while. Sausage, rasher, puddings, tomato, lamb's liver, fried egg, lamb chop( not pork). Fried onion, mushrooms and beans optional. And either real potato chips or fried potatoes.

Slava Ukrainii

When we were kids my Mam used to whip a couple of raw eggs into the mash. A big heap of it on a plate with the green stalks of scallions stuck into it and of course yr sauce on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭50HX

Anyone else do this, I remember it from my aunts house & we use to fight over it

The skins from a baked potato were place on top of the stove/range, keep turning them til they get really crispy

On with your black sauce of choice...

Jasus we were easily satisfied back then 😀

Post edited by 50HX on

• Advertisement

Married 10 years the weekend just passed. So brought the children up to Caron to where we were married and had hoped to call into michael cussacks where we had our wedding photos but it was closed. So popped over to caherconnel ring fort with sheep dog demos, 2km over the road and it was heaving. Poulabrone dolmen, finished up with pizza in Spanish point.

pulling ragwort today.

Advertisement