Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

the reason i imagine is because there are so many clubs in limerick , there is twice the clubs as there is up here and both counties have something like 10000 tickets each to dispense

if you are in anyway a genuine limerick supporter get a season ticket though it avoids all this hassle of searching for tickets , and while ye might not win every all ireland over the next ten years the seeds have been sown for ye to be very competitive year on year for the next decade

to be fair , kilkee was stiff upper lip country for the Palacio prods , men with bowler hats women with expansive umbrellas back in the 19 centaury , until the limericks arrived and showed what stiff upper lip really ment at half 3 in the morning outside the waterfront!!

i would listen to " comere i want ya love" or " i couldn't give a balixx kid!! " then an orange sash wearer any day of the week 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 25,693 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Except for the fact that season tickets are seat only. The lack of a terrace option for championship is why I don't get one despite going to all league games.

in fairness ye have the best ground in the country for standing at the back of the stand if you dont like your seat , both the macky and the open stand have huge room to stand a the back , i arived about 5 minutes befroe throw in for the munster football final and stood at the back of the stand on the halfway line beside some guard that should have been on traffic duty out at ivans cross

i am getting to the stage of my life where i dont fit in with the young people any more , i have settled down too much but up to 10 years ago i was very much a terrace merchant myself ,,, alas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭raindodger

seems to be great buzz about this fixture wonder would clare consider nominating gaelic grounds as there home ground for bigger fixtures.

re tickets is there ever a breakdown of allocations or is that an omerta

no problem going to terrace but better half wants stand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭another36

Will more tickets come available we are short one and I don't fancy the conversation of who has to stay at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Come gather around kids and put away the devil’s electronic devices, and let me tell you about the ancient but fun game of ‘draw the short straw’.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Rosita

Expect to be talked around to Rock, Paper, Scissors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Quitelife

Seems to be quite a few in LImerick with stand tickets looking for city end terrace tickets if thats the terrace ticket you have . A share of parents giving up their stand tickets for johnie to go to Limerick terrace.

Most clubs in Limerick are getting about half to a third of the orders their trying to fill. One junior club got 80 but had 208 tickets requested by members .

11,000 terrace tickets went on sale to general public , that lives 30,000 . Season tickets 6,000 ( Limerick have 3,500 season ticket holders, clare have 2,500 ). Thats done to 24K , maybe 2k Sponsors etc down to 22K.

11,000 to both Limerick & Clare, divided up in limerick by hurling status - Senior down to Junior B , Na Piarsaigh might get 160 ? Fedamore 70 ? something like that not too far off breakdown

I'm holding out hope that we might pick up something before we make them draw the straws. For now they think we have no tickets but seen loads of posts from clubs saying they didn't have enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭raindodger

just chatting today about the 1996 match against clare remember coming out totally drained by the heat and the atmosphere,wonder what the real attendance was.Think it was bigger than munster final v tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Do clubs from the other counties get a ticket allocation for a Munster Final.? Just like clubs from all over Ireland get some for an All Ireland final.??

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

No. But clubs can request. there's no guarantee they'd get them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭TTTT

When are the clubs giving out the tickets? I've heard nothing from ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Did you put an order in with the club secretary? Heard of some clubs distributing their tickets codes on Saturday. Ticket sales went live at 7 pm on Sat. Would only matter of course if you were looking for a stand tickets

Yes but I heard nothing back.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

I'd say if you heard nothing back then you were either unsuccessful or you need to contact them to see did they get your order. In Clare, the ticketmaster codes were sent out to members on Friday night/Saturday morning and I think people had until yesterday morning or this morning to use them or the seats would be thrown up again.

I called him and was told that he had to sort out the coaches and people who worked for the club.

That's fine as the coaches do a great job but there's no transparency in who gets the rest of the tickets. Even an email to say that you are unsuccessful would let you know where you stand and try and source elsewhere. Club membership is supposed to enter you into a draw for tickets.

I'm pretty pissed as I've been to 9 of the 11 games with my son this year and now can't go to the final.

I can see how you are annoyed. I didn't envy club secretaries - if say they had 100 tickets and 300 ticket applications, the "pool" for members and a drawcould get very small if non existent very quickly.

By the time clubs have allocated 2x for each of president, secretary, treasurer, chairman, sponsors (and likely several sponsors) you've whittled away a good few tickets. You'd be a brave man/woman to only give one each to these people who run the club. Then you've coaches (who should all be "paid up members" also) from under 8s to under 20s and again, each person will be looking for two each. Then you've players on the adult team who again "should" be paid up members - club sec needs to have an allocation of at least terrace tickets here. Realistically, there has been likely no tickets left or very few to distribute to the "casual club member" - ie the person who also pays towards the running and supports the club (likely through Mackey stand/club Limerick aswell) and may have been actively involved in the past or with a less major involvement.

Realistically, your recourse is at the AGM at the end of the year to ask "how many tickets were received and what was the allocation criteria and how did this break down?". Then again, do you want to be putting the head above the parapet and making enemies. A few more terrace may have been held back but I wouldn't be banking on it unfortunately.

I know how the politics works. It's more likely that each person will want 4 tickets rather than 2. I'm just a bit sour today and I'm not looking forward to telling my son. The lack of communication leaves a bad taste. It's my own fault too for not buying season tickets in '21 when I had a chance.

It's also annoying when the Lenister final is on in Croke Park and it won't be half full. I'd have no problem going to Dublin for a Munster final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Tis always the case I’ve been to all Ireland’s and seen the yokes that get tickets. I was in the lower Cusack o e year and the lady beside read a book all the way through the match. Her father beside to shook to be there was listening on the radio because the poor man’s eyesight was well gone. It’s annoying alright but that’s the gaa way of ticket distribution.

Way too many end up at a final who have little to no interest.

I'm still holding out hope of getting another ticket. Saying nothing at home yet.

There should be a points allocation system for these big games.

Where were all these people who want tickets back during the league or up in Thurles for the Waterford game.

I have no problem with people who for whatever reason don't go to all the games but there should be a system in place to get tickets to the people who do.

As for the All Ireland I'm not a fan of this tickets for every club in the country thing. You often hear about some "legend" or "hero" from Donegal or somewhere that went to every single hurling final for 50 years. I don't think he is a legend, I think he is a selfish prck.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭C4000

It's very likely that there will be tickets around later in the week. There almost always is.....I was even able to get a ticket for the 2021 Munster final, with a restricted capacity of 7000, late in the day.

Completely agree that tickets will come up. The morning if the all Ireland last year there was tickets going up for grabs. That's why for now I'm not doing the short straw draw at home to see who won't go.

I'd expect the GAA would argue the season ticket exists for these people. The other side of this is that season ticket holders could well be active club members and secure tickets through clubs on top of their season ticket entitlement.

One of the problems I have with this distribution was ticketmaster allowing a purchase of 4 tickets per transaction for the limited public sale. Personally think four tickets is too many when tickets are scarce like this

Limerick have something like 3500 season tickets which is not enough. Also the season ticket restricts you to a seat which I'm not a fan of.

I've always managed to get a ticket in the end and I have one for Sunday but if I didn't I would be fairly p1ssed after being to every game (bar Westmeath) this season.

I been to all the games except Westmeath and Wexford (only missed because of a family commitment) and I'm really pissed. No doubt it'll be easy to go to the 1/4 and 1/2 semi and hard again for the final if we qualify.

There will probably be people who bought terrace tickets who will end up getting better ones from their club so hopefully some will start to appear for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Quitelife

Croke Park should have been used for this Munster Final - there would be 70,000 plus there and everyone from Clare & Limerick could have got to it even if travel might annoy some and some hurling neutrals living in Dublin would also be there . The same as a few peak interest Ulster football finals in the noughties.

Sundays match in a 41,000 capacity stadium is too tight this particular year of heightened interest in both counties. It will be far easier get tickets in 82K croke park for the final if either get there.

Advertisement