Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Entitled people, narcissists and spoilt brats of all ages and walks of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Someone in my neighbourhood has been strimming since literally 8 this morning. Interfered something awful with my second sleep earlier.

Post edited by Dial Hard on

• Registered Users Posts: 18,645 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

A certain car advert that comes up constantly on Irish television. The woman doing the narration sounds very unenthusiastic - almost bored. Now I was thinking of getting a new car but I have made my mind up that if that woman is can't be enthusiastic about that particular car I won't be buying that brand.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

My feckin clippers ceased operation recently, bought during covid, 2021, properly cared for, good brand. It calved around Christmas and I'm only now getting around to sending it back.. Am I more annoyed at me or the clippers?. 🧐🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Today’s TA is the layout of my bathroom. The sink is at the window which means you can’t mount a mirror for shaving. Also I don’t know what ’catfished’ means.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Catfished is when, in online dating, someone strings you along pretending to be someone they are not, e.g. the person in their profile pictures.

Also, you need one of these.

My major TA for today is men who mansplain. Especially when what they are mansplaining is wrong, but they know because they are men.

Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you come here to pst something and forget it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

TA is not knowing what mansplaining is

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Heard an ad on the radio yesterday for free coffee at Applegreens. 2 mins later I happened to be passing one and gave it a try. Needless to say the guy at the till had never heard of it. When he asked his manager the manager confirmed it was free but didn't know how to put it through the till. So I am standing there holding up a queue because corporate wanted a sound byte in their ad but never bothered with the practicalities of anyone actually availing of the offer.

Still got my free coffee though although the €1.70 for a kitkat was steep 🤣

• Advertisement

I'm not falling for that one, but nice try. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I know I'll get hammered for this, but enough with the high temps and endless sunshine, not only can I not sleep with the heat(fan just died) but I got sunburned just putting a blanket over the freezer to protect it from the heat.

I can live with having to be up 3/4 of an hour needed to get the required amount of spf on before finding the correct weight of clothing to wear for each occasion BUT now its too hot in the middle of the day to pick up a top up shop and there are no shops here that are open after 6 when its still too hot and burney for pale skinned ex redhead's to deal with.

AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,925 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Are you by any chance using sunscreen leftover from last year? It degrades once opened. You shouldn't burn that quickly with a high SPF.

My TA is the looming prospect of water restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

No, I always have new as I'm supposed to use it year round, I'm just that kind of sun sensitive.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

I'm so sick of bagged salads that practically liquefy the second you open them. Just threw out a full bag that had three days left on the best before.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭put_the_kettle_on

@Dial Hard Hi, they do off quickly but I've found if I open the bag as soon as I get it home and place a sheet of kitchen paper around the leaves, so they aren't touching the plastic bag they keep much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Awww, I was going to nominate you for that job. 😉

My trivial annoyance happening earlier when I was down by the local river (on my day off). I was sitting on a bench for a while, taking in nature, beautiful day, when I realised I'd been there a while, but I thought I'd take a few photos upstream and downstream before leaving. As I got up to move closer to riverbank for the photo, a family arrived (father, 4 or 5 kids, and a dog) and they decide to hang out at the spot of the downstream shot I was planning.

I decided to abandon that and just take at upstream shot, when a group of 6 or 7 female students arrived at that spot, obviously on a break from doing their Junior or Leaving Cert exams (but probably Junior Cert) since they were in their uniforms.

Anyway, my trivially annoyance is that I felt that I couldn't take perfectly innocent photos in case it was misconstrued as me being a dirty ratten pervert taking creepy photos of children and teenagers. Or maybe the annoyance is that there are just too many people around. I went a bit further up and got a few photos but not of the section of river I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I lost patience with my dog and punished him for being sick. Now I feel like a dick because it’s not his fault

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭put_the_kettle_on

@Jequ0n Give your dog a big hug. He'll still love you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,293 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jeans sizes, Skinny fit fits but Slim fit doesnt so i have to post the pair back for a refund. When i bought them i thought it would be the opposite way round

Grown men with school bags annoy me for some reason. Grand in school/college and travel settings but other than that annoys me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Blue sky when you are stuck in work.

After figuring how to hang my clothes out I discovered the clothes line collapsed

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

I was driving today and let a car out and about 5 minutes i noticed that their back left wheel was wobbling quite a bit. Tried to get their attention but nope!. I hope if and when that wheel comes off that they're not going at some speed.

Post edited by Scipri0 on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Walked in dog sh*t earlier and brought it into the house.

Sent a full glass of wine flying while making my dinner earlier and was so pissed off by the time I got the tsunami of broken glass and liquid cleaned up that I just went to bed.

So now I'm in bed, still pissed off and hungry on top of it.

FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,293 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

There's nothing worse than broken glass . I was finding pieces months later , in strange places,.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

When people are too lazy to read or look at a page and then complain they can't do something. eg Adding credit card to a page, they say they can't find where to do it and there is a button with add new payment method right in the middle of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

The amount of spam on Boards recently!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement