Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Looks like Auto Doc has them

700mm drivers side

450mm passenger side

280mm rear

https://www.auto-doc.ie/car-parts/wiper-blades-10233/vw/id-4/id-4-e21/142253-performance

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭joe1303l

AP28U + AP18U should fit but could be slightly shorter than the originals. Do you not have a free set included with a service pack ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭boccy23

Wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

The only service I have is the first free service after at 2 years. The OEM blades that came on it were shocking since day 1. I should have gone back with them I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭joe1303l

You won’t be disappointed with Bosch Aerotwins but you’ll need to shop around. Huge variance in prices/Lots of price gouging.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭pad199207

Car has been gone well over a month now. Feels like the garage has bricked the car or something.

Getting constant charging errors on my phone recently.

Feels like they have found more and more wrong with it. Haven’t heard anything for ages.

Extremely disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭sk8board

Does Ireland have a lemon law, whereby it’s in a garage for a certain period of time they just have to buy it back at original invoice value.

a friend had a Hyundai sante fe hybrid about 2 years ago which would never go into battery mode, or would only go a few kms on battery, when it did. After a few long stints at the garage they just bought it back

That's extremely poor treatment @pad199207, I think it's unfortunately time to start talking to them about a replacement car or legal actions

It's extremely disappointing when brands let down what is a good car with terrible after sales service

• Registered Users Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭pad199207

Would you believe it shortly after posting that, got a call that the car was ready.

Collected it and everything seems to be fixed along with an software update to 3.2

• Advertisement

The automotive gods must have heard you and decided to give you a miracle 😁

Hope the car goes well from here on 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭micks_address

If you have ota 3.0 when do you get 3.2? Feel like a few gremlins in my gtx that it might sort. Just back from a road trip in the UK, covered fair bit of ground. Didn't see any id4 and only a handful of Tesla and mg, Kia, id3.. I rebooted the id4 infotainment when I landed in Scotland. It was getting confused.. to temp controls stopped working but other than that no bother.. charging was easy.. even around the lake District lots of options.. was worried about charging in Manchester but charged at the Trafford centre Saturday and no queues etc.. tried three chargers in NI on way to Belfast port Thursday.. either broken or busy.. didn't need them anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭GTE

Does anyone have a 52kwh ID4? Their used prices don't look amazing at the moment, but it seems to be relatively well kitted out compared to the lower spec ID3s.

How's that range though?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,071 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ID4 is a very poor seller in the UK. Outsold by the ID3.

They seem to have a lot of long wait times there as well. Maybe Brexit didn't help

You have to book it into the dealership, OTA doesn't work for 3.2, too many issues with cars getting bricked during the update

It's certainly hard to see what they're complaining about in the UK compared to our sham of a network, I used Ionity for 3 out of 5 charges when I was there and it was bulletproof, got full power every time.

Used Osprey once and it was very simple with good Kempower chargers, but it got grid limited to 60kW

The AC destination charger I used at the hotel was a total balls of a setup. Had to setup an account with no instructions on the charger or in the hotel on what to do or even what service to use 🙄

you need to go to the dealer for 3.2 even if you have 3.0? yeah our hotel had a charger as well that i needed an app for but it worked handy enough.. i have more apps for ev charging on my phone now than anything else.

I believe 250-300km is the typical expected range for the 52kWh

I'm currently averaging 15kWh/100km in the nice weather, but 21kWh/100km would be closer to reality in winter

The smaller battery should be the same if not slightly better

I'd say the biggest issue is resale value. They're losing value faster than the 77kWh, great if you can get a deal when buying, but be prepared to suffer a depreciation hit when it comes time to sell it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

350 sticking off motorways in summer 270 in winter

300 mixed driving in summer, 240 in winter

how are you comparing resale value ? I paid 32k for mine new

the cheapest 77 KWh was 14k more

what price do you think I could sell mine for and is it 14k more or less than a 77kwh model

• just looked on Dondeal, all the 52kwh are dearer than what I paid. And they are 2021 mines a 2022 They are holding value better than the 77kwh models

You're right, I was comparing to the price of a 52kWh new. Compared to the older prices they're definitely holding their value

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

3.2 should be OTA from 3.0 according to FB group.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I think its a depends answer.

If your car came out of the factory with 3.0+ then OTA to 3.2 works

If your car had to be manually upgraded to 3.0 then it won't get the 3.2 OTA and has to go back to the dealer. So, for the majority of people it is a case of go back to the dealer to get 3.2 if you dont already have it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

One of the lads on the FB group got 3.0 done at a dealer (2021/2022 car) and then 3.2 came OTA a week later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Maybe there were some who got it but VW pulled the plug and then released a statement to say that a dealer visit is now required. The guess is that they had a high failure rate and so decided to go the safe route with a recall and a dealer visit. That decision/announcement was made late last year I think.

I guess that guy on FB was one of the lucky ones maybe.

I've a 2020 ID.3 already on v3.0 and I'm signed up for the OTA updates but its not going to come. A dealer visit is required and many others have been in the same boat. I'm booked in for it now.

So, I'd still stick to my statement

"So, for the majority of people it is a case of go back to the dealer to get 3.2 if you dont already have it."

Got the twice-yearly call from VW yesterday, which is usually trying to get us out of a 0% pcp into something else - however this time it was actually another 0% pcp offer, for a 52kw id4, something like €375 pm iirc. I assume the balloon would, well, balloon.

The range is of no use to me so we didn’t entertain it.

Post edited by sk8board on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Considering the 0%PCP on the 52kw myself, the range would be ok for most of my driving and on the rare occasion it's not, stopping to charge occasionally would be fine vs paying the premium for the 77kw plus I interest.

A 58kw Ionic 5 would be better but higher OTR price + interest on Premium spec which is what is available

The other alternative I weighed it up against was the eC4 where I think the ID4 wins on range and it's a wash on price with the finance.

I need to get figures for the Megane E-Tech before I commit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

€375 pm sounds high, will you be putting a max deposit of 30% down? I had a 52kW at 5.9%, monthly repayment €298, balloon €18k. Wasn’t happy with the 52kW so changed after 1 year to a 77 kW at 3.9%, monthly repayment €346, balloon €25k 😳

I might’ve been wrong, but we pay €350 currently and I remember it being slightly higher. we overpay currently, about €75-100 pm, to have money into the next pcp and keep the balloon down. The current car was changed ‘for free’, same repayment, balloon and 0%, when the previous car was 14months old. It’s our 5th 0% and always around 300-350€ pm with a €12k balloon.

I would argue that VW Finance is the biggest persuader for the ID range versus a Tesla 3 or Y. Most people like to stick to what they know when it comes to spending lots of money.

Post edited by sk8board on

• Advertisement

I see depreciation is back to being a thing, just checked prices for my ID.4 1st Max and they're down to €45k from around €57k new

Pretty good going for a 2 years old car, and frankly it's a bargain compared to the current price of a new one

Also, I see 2021 ID.3s now going for €27k, not a bad price for a second hand EV at all

Advertisement