Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• If you want to dispose of your computer and want to ensure that your data is securely erased, it is recommended to use a specialized software tool designed for this purpose, such as DBAN (Darik's Boot and Nuke). DBAN is a free and open-source software that can securely erase the entire hard drive, ensuring that the data is unrecoverable.

To use DBAN, you need to download the ISO image from the official website and burn it to a CD or USB drive. Then, you need to boot your computer from the CD or USB drive and follow the instructions to securely erase the hard drive.

Here are the steps to use DBAN:

1. Download the DBAN ISO image from the official website.

2. Burn the ISO image to a CD or USB drive using a program such as Rufus or Etcher.

3. Insert the CD or USB drive into your computer and restart it.

4. Press the key to enter the boot menu (usually F12 or Esc) and select the CD or USB drive as the boot device.

5. Follow the instructions to securely erase the hard drive using DBAN.

Note that securely erasing the hard drive will permanently delete all data on it, so make sure you have backed up any important files before proceeding.

🤔 Might give Joe a present of a handy usb stick, tell him to stick it in before booting up, would delete myself & ButtersSuki from de Blacklist in de process as they likely haven’t got it backed up.

• My good elderly neighbour in the penthouse tried to make bone broth in the manner of his late wife, however managed to set de Foyre alarm off after he went out for a walk and de liquid burnt off. Smoke was seeping out his door and de Fibregade had to knock down de door to gain access.

• Joe was speaking of language learning being good for warding off de aul Aultimers, well how about using AI assist in creating your very own language. Used always have my copy bukes at skewel filled with daydreamt notions

I will phone Joe and tell him I’m getting fluent in Kaviric, he’s bad enough at de auld geography and will be scratching his h0le wondering what country it’s spoken in. I’ll tell him Kavirstan, ask him has he not heard of it?

• In Kaviric, a possible translation of "How's the leg, Joe?" could be:

"Joe, tir kavirin niravik, niravir?"

This sentence directly translates to "Joe, your leg, how is it?" In Kaviric, the subject of the sentence is often implied and doesn't need to be explicitly stated, so we can omit "the" before "leg". Additionally, we can use the possessive form "tir kavirin" to mean "your leg".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭Jeff2

That is just Ubuntu operating system by another name to me if I'm not wrong.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Promo and none of that matters as Joe goes off on fibergade self indulgence.

• No, Cawlur, it’s a utility app

De Linux kernelled Ubuntu OS does be an OS, so to speak. I play with Kali, which is value-added Debian, which is not too unlike Ubuntu. I know how to wipe all de precious files using a simple line in de terminal as root user (but you need to know passwurd and believe me I’ve worked with a system that once had “password” for a password. it’s far too easy to do, it’s like a simple match strike to set de mountain on foyre. I get given out to for giving tips to de nefarious-minded so I won’t spell it out, but it doesn’t take Einstein to go figure.

• Re Ubuntu, de version roll-outs are named after animals, I once had Hirsute Hippo which reminded me of de Host. In like fashion I might create a distro package myself with updates named after Montrosia figures, such as Jowly Joe, Twiggy Tubridy, Dexterity-Deficient Darcy

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Definitely talk to Joe about dat one cawlur. It covers all his angles.

I started a thread in AH about Mr McGrunther outing me but a mod closed it and accused me of being drunk 🤣🤣.

I'm starting to feel like Prince Harry at this stage 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭Tow

Cauwlar, there are a couple of threads in de farming area about Guntering. Is dat de father of ur Grunther?

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement

• Didnt see dat thread in time, I would have made my own contributions, a place to put all our emails which tell us they have info on our very pursonal habits.

• This is where my brain can beat AI and correct its mattymattix so to speak. A human needs to supervise de algorithms so to speak.

It had tried to come up with Joe’s weekly take home as below 😱

Based on the given information, we can calculate Joe's net pay as follows:

- Gross pay per week: €400,000 / 52 = €7,692.31

- Annual deductions: €10,000

- Taxable income: €400,000 - €10,000 - €40,000 = €350,000

- Tax payable (as a married person living with a spouse): €63,710

- Net pay per week: (€7,692.31 - €1,225.19 - €1,538.46) / 52 = €111.54

Therefore, Joe's net pay per week would be approximately €111.54 after deductions for taxes, social security contributions, and pension contributions.

CORRECTION after my pointing out de recursion error.

You are correct, I apologize for the mistake. 

Based on the given information, we can calculate Joe's net pay as follows:

- Gross pay per week: €400,000 / 52 = €7,692.31

- Annual deductions: €10,000

- Taxable income: €400,000 - €10,000 - €40,000 = €350,000

- Tax payable (as a married person living with a spouse): €63,710

- Net pay per week: (€7,692.31 - €1,225.19 - €1,538.46) = €4,928.66

Therefore, Joe's net pay per week would be approximately €4,928.66 after deductions for taxes, social security contributions, and pension contributions.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• I won’t post a link to an Urban Dictionary that explains Guntering lest I be permabanned, but Joe makes those noises in studio as he broadcasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭leath_dub

There is no Brazilian language, Joe

What are the odds on this being discussed on the show?/

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Dr Karl

I just stopped at Costa in Joe's favourite town and across the road in Tesco someone is walking a horse through its car park. He is in uniform, a Canada Goose coat in 20c heat.

• JOE

A man only got a C in German but can speak thousands of languages. He’s a polymath according to Jow.

Retained foyrefoiters from yesterday.

120 complaints to RSA about droiving instructors, the lessons are very expensive. One girl was told by instructor to handle the handbrake like she would her boyfriend’s handbrake so to speak.

GOLD POTENTIAL

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Handle your handbrake like you'd handle your boyfriend.

LOL

Title of next thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭leath_dub

• Registered Users Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭avfc1874

A man who struggles to speak English, talking to someone who speaks multiple languages, should be gold hopefully yer man is a spoofer,

Hopefully he speaks German better than uncle Albert, "Vot is ure name"

• Chances of a thread with this title lasting in After Hours?

• Advertisement

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• When I was taking flying lessons, frequent reference was made as to how to handle the stick

“You don’t have to hold it so tight, ease off!”

“Pull back on it!”

And in the helicopter the cyclic stick must be handled with great finesse..

”You’ve the perfect way of handling it”

• HSE is just like the organisation I worked for, no sand-boxed back-up strategy. At least if data were a bit out of date there might only be a week or two data catch-up.

• In other words, the pope has a parastomal hernia with tendency to intussusception .

• Try paying for flying lessons or worse still helicopter lessons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

Check out fatty ballaty the viz magazine driving instructor 🙈🤪

• How would de innocent chiselers know de boyfriend has a handle-able stick so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,589 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Der's someting wrong, the topic was on de promo.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

De RSA is at fault, uncle Gaybo will be turning in de grave.

• Advertisement

• How do you fail being a broadcaster, Joe?

Answer: you don’t if you’re sufficiently well-connected.

Advertisement