Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken TV

Options
  • 06-06-2023 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I bought a Phillips tv back in March 2021. Was hung above my fireplace(which isn’t used for a fire) and worked away fine until it abruptly stopped working last month.

Phillips have said it’s out if their 2 year warranty and nothing they can do.

Going to go the Harvey Norman where I bought it today. Am I right in saying the 6 year rule applies here?

Post edited by Vertigo100 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭GIMP

They will fob you off with the warranty bs, small claims court is your best recourse. Been there with them it worked out for us full refund

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Yeah you’re spot on there. Called in today they said nothing they could do I said I’ll go small claims. They said fine.

In fairness if it was 4 years I’d prob let it go but after forking out 800 quid you’d expect it to work for longer than 2 years and 2 months.

Claim filled out online this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 46,037 ✭✭✭✭muffler

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Sorry typo. Meant match 2021. Edited

Advertisement