Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I have a cold sore on my lip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I get tons of them once the sun comes out as I hike a lot.UV rays wake up the virus. Have to remember to use lip balm with SPF on it before going out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The sheer amount that my head sweats, almost considering botox 🤬🥵

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I'm sick yet again. This is maybe cold #7 this year? I'm not sure but it's definitely more than normal. Something must be up. So now I have to have a battle on the phone trying to make an appointment with my GP.

Also I think it was pretty inconsiderate of my mates not to mention that their kid was sick before we went to visit last weekend. He's a cute kid but he was coughing right in my ear, no way I wasn't getting sick considering how **** my immune system has been this year.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Endlessly waiting for a call to be answered in a call centre. I do everything online but sometimes a call is unavoidable.

Every time the recorded announcement interrupts the awful music, I think - great at last. But, no.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A bird shat on my head 😖🤬.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

LinkedIn how everyone and everything is AMAZING

tools

I get them regularly as well. i slapped some zovirax on as soon as i felt it. this normally stops it from breaking out but not this time. It is massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Dealing with a person who values sentimentality over what's practical and common sense.

A 60-70 year old table and chairs set.. Mahogany.. table in perfect nick like mint.. its beautiful..chairs are showing age and real uncomfortable....

Practical... get new comfy chairs in similar style to compliment the table...

Not Practical... be sentimental and spend a **** load of cash repairing chairs..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's supposed to be good luck... not that it's any consolation.

I hope it was a small bird and not a crow or a seagull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Drinking coffee when I know it'll screw up my sleep and make me even crankier. 😁

How fast the year is going !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Lysine supplements really help if you're prone to coldsores. I used to only take them if I got one and they definitely reduce the duration but I just take them daily now as a preventative and I haven't had a coldsore in almost two years.

(Knocks furiously on wood.)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,925 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

My orange juice doesn't have bits, my own fault for not checking but still a TA.

I think it's best to read linked in and have a good belly laugh after every self serving entitled post. 😁

When I've a simple but tedious task to do and I procrastinate like crazy. The energy wasted on the procrastination is unreal 🤣

Cod liver oil. Honestly, really keeps me away from colds, getting run down. And all the crap that follows from that.

I always have zovirax on hand but i think i left it a little late to use it.

Hate that. Keep applying the cream anyway. Also, lots of water.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I don't believe those old wives tales homeo 🤭.........although I may do the lotto 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Place the leaves etc in tin foil and wrap till air tight, keeps much longer than. Works with salad heads as well.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I walked in on a row between two colleagues, both are here on work experience but have different duties as their specialities are different.

He's in the field a lot and she is in the office dealing with her clients on the phone/zoom etc.

He's telling her how much better qualified he is that she(he's not, quals aren't comparable) how busy he is and how he never gets the luxury of sitting down on his calls(that he drives to) and how she's the only one who talks in the office and how she is always yap yap yap and would she please shut up.

HER job is to be on the phone and zoom and often doesn't get a break.

TA that there are still ppl who assume their are better than others even tho there is no logical comparison between the two.

Post edited by Bredabe on

A couple sitting outside the chipper with a youngster who maybe their daughter/niece, a protected good by and the lady turn around and says "most important thing is to get an ice-cream, where are the ice-creams?"

As she walks in the opposite direction of the groups of ppl who have ice-creams in their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

One of my phones is under my sofa and I can't reach it

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The thing is, bagged salads (and herbs and veg and whatnot) are all packaged with a specific mix of gases that mean they should last way longer in the bag than out of it. That's actually a huge part of the likes of BOC Gases and the like's business.

There was a global shortage of CO2 there for a few years but salads tend to have a higher level of nitrogen and hydrogen in the mix so I've no idea what's going on with them but it's been the case for a good while now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

F*cking cyclists.

I'm in Amsterdam and they're everywhere. They go where they like and yell abuse if you have the temerity to make a mistake or accidentally step in the wrong place.

And that's only the ones who aren't buried in their phones.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

Kids that scream at the top of their voice for long periods of time while they are playing. And parents who don't seem to notice and/or give a ****. Also, every ******* day during the nice summer days.

Edit ... The same neighbours and the same kids.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement