Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza ovens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭hargo

I think they get it in regularly but have you tried the red, having used both i think the red is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭daveville30

Italitcatessan in Newtown wicklow.Have anything you want for pizza making look them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,835 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Dough in the fridge for 3 days. Longest proof Ive done and first pizza of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

What dough recipe would people recommend that would be ready for lunchtime tomorrow? I've been using next level pizza dough but don't have enough time on this occasion

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭daveville30

Try one of the ooni app enter your proving time and it works it out for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭squonk

What containers do you use for your dough balls? Looking for something to store a dough ball for up to a 16” pizza. something airtight end that in could freeze also. Saw some nice cheap okra 365 containers but they only go up to 600ml so I’m thinking I might need bigger than that. Maybe 1L? I don’t know really but don’t want to take out a new mortgage either. Some are pretty expensive. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Got 600 ml containers €1.5 for 3 at IKEA ! I gen make 12 inch pies and 230 gm balls so should be fine ! u need 750 ml and bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Hey,

Looking for some opinions. I was going to buy a BBQ for about €300 but with the Ooni's on sale I'm tempted by them!

I'd definitely make a lot more pizza than I would BBQ. Usually 4/5 pizzas a week made in the house. Is an Ooni any substitute for a BBQ with the dual sided griddle (other cast iron pans recommended over griddle?) or would I regret not getting a proper BBQ ?

Mainly would want to cook steak, burgers, chicken, sausages etc.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭hargo

My tuppence halfpenny if you make pizzas every week buy the ooni you are in for a treat and will not regret it, but sale ends today I think and its a great deal with 30% off. With the savings buy a simple kettle BBQ and a 10kg bag of charcoal. You can use the oven with a griddle pan for meats and veg etc but its no substitute for charcoal BBQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

Went for the Ooni koda 12 and the perforated pizza peel.

• Advertisement

Ordered the Koda 16 with cover and dual griddle. Comes with 37mBar gas connector. What are people using with it for fuel? I have a full canister of gas need to check what type it is but think it's the standard yellow type one you'd get in a garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭shanec1928

I've a full 11.34kg butane cylinder does that work with a regulator adapter?

I went for a Karu 16” for the versatility. How long does a 11Kg cylinder last you? I do see the Karu is much heavier on gas than the Koda.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭rightmove

Where do ppl go to buy pizza pellets?

Tried a few places (homestore/b&q) and cannot see them for sale anywhere.

Looking for small pizza peel also. Most of the shops e.g. lidl have loads of bbq stuff but not pizza stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Lidl are selling pizza ovens for €77, has anyone tried them and are they any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭893bet

No. It uses Patio gas bottles which seem to be always grey in colour.

It depends how much you use it. how long you let it warm up for (I recommend at least 15mins on high). How many pizza you cook in a sitting, how long the oven is on for between the pizzas you are cooking in each sitting.

Like a tank of petrol. Lot of variables.

My advise is always have a spare tank to hand.

Is it purely the patio gas cylinders?

My ooni is on the way, but I wasn’t sure which had I needed to get.

I think the patio comes in two sizes, right?

Not sure on sizes but I use grey coloured patio gas. That’s the connection supplied with the ooni. The canister is the same size roughly as the orange/yellow ones that you would be more familiar with.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

PAtio gas is grey from Calor and cream from FloGas. Both work fine. There's also the super light half size cannisters. Just ask for patio gas, the shop assistants will know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,750 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

They're rubbish. This entire thread pretty much sprung out of discussion of how bad they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

First time making dough for the Ooni this year being using par baked ones the few times I've taken it out. Must really find the time again and plan ahead so I have dough. This was first time trying Vitos 48 hr Poolish. Really good dough probably the best I've produced. Did find it hard kneed aimed for 65% to try out but hand slipped adding water and it was more like 67/68%! Probably worth the effort but as I said does require some planning. Must try out some no kneed 24hr recipes or quick 2hr beer ones.

Mix of ham and chorizo half and half for kids and us and a shitake mushroom one for just us with some Durros smoked farmhouse semisoft cheese on my side! I get them pretty round on the peel but always lose the shape launching. Must get a wooden or perforated peel to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,229 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Was out golfing today, I spotted a message from a friend asking if I thought they were any good when I finished my round.

It was too late, he had bought one.

The last update I got from him was that he had finally managed to get it up to 225°.

Got mine delivered today but am not sure if they sent it with the right connector for the regulator. It's 10mm diameter on the oven but the regulator has 8mm connector so have to use the smaller side but it's difficult to connect to the oven side.

Any one get a Koda recently able to shed any light on what sizes are on their one?

Mine should be arriving Thursday. I’m kind of crap right now at making and shaping dough. What do you recommend as a handy way of getting started? Can I use the ready made pizza bases you get in Aldi just to get up and running?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I wouldn't worry too much about the shape, I've rarely ( if ever ) got that right. I tell myself my belly doesn't know the shape.

Re the dough.... id suggest these..

https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/frozen-foods-pies-golden-bake-2-sourdough-balls-500-g-/p-1763201000

Says they are out of stock. I spoke with Golden Bake last year, when I couldn't find them, and was told they only sell them around the summer season.

Which Koda did you get? My 12 arrived yesterday, and the regulator is already fitted.

• Advertisement

Koda 16 37mbar IRL version.

Thought it would be fitted as per most unboxing videos I've seen but have since noticed it states on the Koda 16 page (but not 12) that it doesn't include regulator for 30/37mb versions.

Advertisement