Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chancel Way, Newcastle, Wicklow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kerrybyrne

Really hoping it isn't July! Has anyone heard any more about snagging? We haven't heard anything.

Lack of updates is really frustrating at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Walley

We have not heard anything about snagging yet @kerrybyrne but are still holding out to think it will be in the coming weeks 🤞

On the upside, we visited the site yesterday and did see the start of paths going in, which is promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sherlock H

Ask your solicitors for an update from the builders via Beuchamps, we were just told June officially, so even if that's end of June, you would need a few weeks to get floors, appliances etc installed. I think mid to late July for anyone selling a property is a good closing date to aim for.

But track record on what they are telling us isn't great, it's shifted 4 times now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 chancelnoway

I would think June is optimistic at this stage. Houses are complete but groundwork like roads, footpaths and street lighting is only starting and progress seems painfully slow. No way anyone is drawing down mortgage before large interest rate increase due in early June happens unfortunately. We’re preparing for August/September now

hahaha love the username. And I thought I was being pesimistic, August/September is a disaster for us, struggling to even push closing date on our sale to end of July. Whats the rental situation in Wicklow like.......🙈

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭kingofthecastle

Cool name 😂

Look, I hope I’m wrong. But I think I’m just being realistic judging by what needs to be done and the slow progress that I see.

I have a friend who recently moved into a new build in Newtown, a full year after the initial completion date. Same story as with us, estate agent telling them time and again that the moving in date is looking like 7-8 weeks time. It seems to be a tactic they use to keep you on the hook.

Rentals in Wicklow are expensive, short term rentals could be a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Walley

Your sources were correct 👍 I assume everyone got the email today, finally confirmation of a finishing date.

Excited to start planning towards early July.

Yeah got the email but no mention of a finishing date - reference to the end of June in relation “road opening licenses and sewage” - then snagging after that and then closing after that. July is very optimistic. I’m still of the view that we’re looking August/ September and that’s all going well

• Registered Users Posts: 9 chancersway

Hi. We are getting itchy to get our deposit over the line so that we have secured our house from anyone that might swoop in and take it from under our feet. However, there are still holes in the contract re rules, ownership of parking, management fees, actual size of house, date of transfer etc. Latest as of today, to our solicitor, was "information to follow". Anyone else holding out on contracts or does anyone have information from their friend in Beauchamps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭sinkadinka

Hi there - curious to know why management fees would apply here and also what ownership of parking refers to ? We haven’t received our contract but the points you mention are concerning ! I thought management fees only apply to apartment units ?

Yeah, we were told there would be no management fees too. Our solicitor is still waiting for a raft of documents before we will be returning contracts. I won’t be returning contracts until everything is in place. There’s lots of time as it doesn’t look like things will be ready anytime soon.

No management fees, bond paid to council. Parking spaces outside house are included in the house footprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 chancersway

Thanks for your responses. Management fees were up in the air when we spoke to estate agent last and there has been very little communication back with answers to our queries. Management fees for houses seems to be more common now-a-days. We know of 2 estates in Ashford where residents pay a sum but hopefully it won't be the same here. For yer information, there is a spread on the launch of phase 2 in The Wicklow Times.

Had anyone been able to sign contracts? We are still missing documentation preventing us from signing, which is holding up our sale. Mad stuff really.

Yeah we’re in the same position. Missing documents. August/September is what we’ve resigned ourselves to now

We’ve just had it confirmed to us that there are management fees now after being told by the estate agent in February that there were no management fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jsemails

I was expecting management fee as I assume its common practice for clustered houses/ apartments to be eventually managed by a management company. However completely agree with the overall themes emerging on this thread regarding the developer / sales team (Developer obviously being the decision maker and the two in the sales team struggling to do the basics.)

1. Almost no communication or updates. I got my few precious updates after repeated follow-up emails and calls that almost always reach your mans voicemail
    2. Super delayed responses and gaps in communications (documentation and emails) to potential home owner's solicitor. Pending finer details within the contract including 'house plans with measurements'. I understand blueprints and the actual measurement may have marginal differences. Nonetheless it should be supplemented with contract docs. Of course most builders get away with this in a sellers/developers market. Ireland seems to be perpetually be in a developer's market.
    3. Ambiguity around completion date. They seem to always have an update of postponement with some reason, very close to the previously indicated estimate closing date and not much in advance (ever). So it seems strategic and not reflective of true and evolving roadblocks (which should ideally be incorporated in project plans, if the developer is experienced)

Although not sure if this is common with other developments / developers.

Hopefully none of this impacts the actual build quality of the house and commitments made by the developer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PL_LB

did they confirm the cost of the fees?

Management fee amounts are not confirmed. You can return signed contracts pending receipt of requested documents or so my solicitor is informing me. This locks in the seller but you can pull out if requested docs are not received.

• Advertisement

Hi all, just wondering what everyone was told about paint colours? We found out houses have been painted grey on the inside but we were told we could choose the colour.. though I can’t imagine them repainting. We’re you all in the same boat?

Yeah we were told we could choose between a few colours. Obviously that has gone by the way side too. Has anyone visited the office’s of the estate agent recently ?

I’m afraid so!

no, haven’t been into the offices. 0 responses to emails over the past 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SWG51

Hi all,

Has anyone recieved a completion date other then the end of June / start of July?

thank you

Yes we were told we could choose from a few options. Sad to know that's not a option anymore. I will nonetheless follow-up via email.

No but we plan too sometime next or the week after.

The last update we got was email from K--- stating fixed date for contractors / council work to be done during June last week. Consequentially July being the month for snag list-->completion.

If they haven’t even got all the documents for the contracts to be signed yet and we’re approaching Mid June, there is no chance of a completion date being in July.

The reason I asked is that I’m not sure they’re is an office anymore. I certainly can’t ever seem to get anyone there to the point I’m not sure it exists

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 varshetty1

Hi, we have booked a property in Chancel Way too. According to an update this week from our solicitors and the Estate Agent they are tentatively looking at a mid July finish and have sent in the contract.

Went to the site over the weekend and they are now working on the driveway and stuff.

Just wanted check on a couple of things:

1. Have any of you got a valuation done for mortgage purposes and if it went fine given the condition of the development

2. If they are providing Appliances or any allowance as such.

Thank you!

Advertisement