Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Since I got my automatic reschedule on Monday the new date doesn't appear in the app for me - it just says "Manage your order in your Tesla Account" and the date is in the account page....Hmmm...

@Red Silurian when is your delivery date ? Mine is Wednesday but I've not got any confirmation text....

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jasna1982

My automatic reschedule date didn't appear either. I ended up manually rescheduling it through the link to the day before, and then it appeared in my app. They auto scheduled me for the 24th which is for a Saturday, and I haven't heard of anyone collecting on a Saturday in this round. And I didn't want to mess around any more. So I put it on the 23rd and then it appeared in my app.

Use my Tesla referral link for free charging credits: https://www.tesla.com/referral/jasna121868

I went to the reschedule link I originally got and "rescheduled" to the date/time I got assigned for next week and I see it in the app now...so that's something

• Registered Users Posts: 9,178 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

My delivery is Tuesday. I think my confirmation text earlier was as a result of my venting on the text line on Sunday haha!

Anybody help with this one. Looking at google maps, there seems to be 2 entrances to NVD in Baldonnell. Can anybody confirm which one we use for Tesla collections? 1 or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭MaireBee

Gate 2. you will see a hut with 'Telsa' on it at the back slightly to your left as you enter. I was there yesterday to check out walking route from bus stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 jackaroo2012

Looks like I will be getting a train/bus from Galway to pick up the car is there a bus out or will be a lazy bastard and get a cab.

What's the handiest bus stop? I'm coming from Limerick so thinking a taxi form the red cow or saggart (bus stops in red cow) might be the handiest

I'd go Heuston-Red Cow on the Luas and taxi from there. Taxi all the way could cost a fortune and take longer

The nearest bus stop is Saggart Cross, side going towards Dublin on Naas Rd. I plan to get the train to Newbridge and then the 126 bus from Newbridge to Saggart Cross (stop no 105671). That stop is only about 250 m from Tesla Baldonnell. From the bus stop walk back the way the bus came to the junction (a few metres), turn right and Tesla Baldonnell is about 200 m on your right. 3 min walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

So got off the phone with Tesla.

I asked if I can pick up either earlier or from 10 July as I'm away the last week in June, and first week in July for work (Tesla aren't the only people who have quarter deadlines!).

Unless a cancellation for a pickup for an identical spec comes up before 25th I'm out of luck. I have no one to pick this up for me as everyone is either working or away. Tesla refused to extend the delivery into July as it's registration would be next quarter and apparently they aren't doing any in July (load of bs).

So, after waiting since January, getting a false discounted car also, Tesla are like "well, yeah tough!".

I'll probably cancel, get refund, then order in July and probably pick up later that same week! 🙄

You couldn't make this up!

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Advertisement

Maybe try the web chat also - from reading this thread a lot seems to be who you talk to when trying to get info or change something...

Worth a try I'd say

It's madness... You could nearly run a business 4 months of the year (March, June, September and December) just picking Tesla's up for people

I'd certainly pay a few quid to save a days holidays

There's a 126 that departs Newbridge at 13:20 and gets to Newlands Cross (presume that's the closest to Saggart Cross on their timetable?) at 14:23. So for me the train is 2hrs and the 126 an extra hour on top of that...

Bus to the red cow for me is about 2.5hrs in total and then a taxi is an extra 10 minutes so that might be my best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭LasersGoPewPew

I think the Department of Finance should receive a lot of blame for cutting the grant as soon as they did, the grant reduction should have happened in January. There wouldn't be half the amount of anxiety and bubbling hatred otherwise.

I have heard of similar delivery delays from other brands in the past but Tesla buyers are clearly the most vocal given the disproportionate amount of Tesla posts on boards relative to sales.

You'd think with the massive incoming corporate tax windfall the department could afford to keep the incentives going at current levels given the relatively low adoption rates and emissions targets. I'd be happy with the grant reduction if they would route it towards improving infrastructure.

Both Moovit and Transport for Ireland have it as Saggart Cross; I am not sure if that is Newland's cross. The last stops are Castlewarden, Rathcoole, Saggart Cross. Takes about an hour.

Apologies, thought I had quoted you above; Saggart cross might be Newland's cross; it is the stop after Rathcoole.

Just checked Moovit app; they don't give 126 as an option for Newland's cross. But both Transport for Ireland journey planner and Moovit give Saggart Cross. I walked to that bus stop yesterday, very close to Tesla collection point. Of course the caveat is that i did not actually take the bus; i am relying on TRI and Moovit to be accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭JOL1

Last years budget extended the SEAI for a further year (6 months at full level and 6 months at reduced level). I expect the view is that take up levels of EV's are accelerating and demand rising so continuing to incentive may not be necessary to encourage switching and also for what might be considered "luxury" marques. At least things have been well flagged in advance..

Saggart cross bus stop to Tesla Baldonnell, 290 metres on footpath.

Doesn't matter when they cut the grant, there would be no good time, cutting it in January would mean the same thing as now with a christmas rush thrown into the mix.

• Advertisement

what might be considered "luxury" marques

Simple solution there, only allow the grant for cars below a certain value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

#teamwhite done a dusted.

Had a mare sorting insurance as our existing policy is with Liberty and they don't insure Tesla's, be warned.

Got the Red Luas line to Fortunestown and a €11 euro taxi ride to Baldonnel. There is a shopping centre opposite the Fortunestown stop so a queue of taxis waiting. Was going to walk but wasted too much time on the phone to insurance companies...

We were the last collection of the day, 3:30, so had a bit of time to check everything and the guys there went through the app to make sure all was set up. Car clean and no issues with bodywork or paint, thorough inspection tomorrow.

Not many cars there, 20 maybe, as per previous photo from MaireBee and only one that had a reg applied. They said a boat has just come in and they will be processing 80/day so things will be ramping up.

I never thought the SR or the ID3 we have are particularly slow but the LR is fairly rapid 😁😁😁 Second update currently downloading and then tweaking user settings before the fun begins...

For those collecting it really is a straight forward process.

EDIT- Car was charged to 86% and we got the 160km free charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Bif

Best of luck with it ALM!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PorcoRosso

I picked up my Model Y last month and was able to amend my existing Liberty insurance policy for a very small fee to cover the new motor. Mad that they told you they couldn’t, that’d be a right hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 23 akbell42

I am taking the delivery of a M3 RWD on 22nd and spoke to Liberty a week ago. I provided my friends M3 RWD reg to undertstand what the switch would cost and it came back as declined. The first agent didn't know why, but the second one was quite sure that the switch to Tesla isn't straightforward on their system. I will need to provide an invoice and proof before they can approve the switch on their system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

It would certainly saved a lot of hassle today. Will call them again tomorrow to see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 akbell42

Let me know if that works. So I know what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭JOL1

Try 123.ie ... very straight forward and competive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭rob w

Congrats, picked up the same spec myself last week - loving it so far. Making excuses to drive everywhere the last few days!! 😀

Re the insurance, I have insurance through my employer - policy with Allianz. They told me they wouldnt take on 'new business' for Teslas - but couldnt explain why, its just flagged on their system. Was no hassle though to change over my existing policy as long as I keep it active! So it would seem that some insurers dont treat these cars the same as others!

Cost wise on the insurance, they moved me into the cheapest category (same band as a Ford Fiesta), gave me a 10% discount for it being an EV but then loaded the policy by 20% because its a Tesla! So it worked out pretty much the same! Car insurance is a funny old game!🤨

• Advertisement

then loaded the policy by 20% because its a Tesla

That's a strange one, did they give you any reason for this other than your car brand?

Advertisement