Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Another cloudy day here in Meath but does not feel as chilly as yesterday. Looking warm overall for the forseeable future with temperatures much more widespread low 20s from Sunday onwards, nights will also become much milder next week with minimums likely around 12 to 15C.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭pad199207

Plenty of sunshine in Kildare now with the cloud rapidly breaking up

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Cloud breaking up alot in Galway city now, much sunnier than earlier.

I see Met Éireann have revised their Max down from 24°c earlier to 22 or 23°c now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭pauldry

Cloud burning off. Might still get to 24c somewhere. Not in Sligo. Will we get 20c? 17c currently.

At 12pm both Newport and Valentia were the only stations at 20°c. Not something you'd see often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Cold and cloudy in South Wicklow still. Nippy breeze is keeping things cool, jeans are back out of the wardrobe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Only 15c in Cobh today so far, max of 16.6c.

19c in Sligo now. Surely wel get our 10th 20c day in a row. Sun shining again after it had the cheek to get cloudy for 3 hours!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Dazler97

It's a little cooler today here in carrick but its still 21c ,don't know how many days its over 20c ,I see eastern England is in a advisory for 30c

Amazingly Dublin is the driest with 23 days of no rain even though they've had lower temperatures than us in the west

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Uk met office outlook rinse repeat

Monday 12 Jun -Wednesday 21 Jun

With a change of type taking place over the preceding weekend, the week is likely to start on a fairly cloudy but widely warm note, in places hot and humid, with a risk of scattered showers and thunderstorms. As the week progresses, this risk is likely to diminish, with the focus of these and the warmer weather also probably moving westwards with cooler, drier conditions resuming across eastern areas. By the end of the period, similar conditions to the present are most probable, with west and north-western areas seeing the best of the sunshine and warmth, whilst eastern areas are likely to be a bit cooler. Showers and thunderstorms may return to southern areas. Temperatures are expected to be well above average for most, with overnight minima particularly warm.

Hurray. A blazing June in the West. Only 19c today. I enjoyed the pleasantness of it. Others were complaining. God its so cold today and just 3 degrees colder than yesterday and no rain. What do people want? Oh no 30c it's too hot. Oh no 25c it's 30c in England. Etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Fricking Baltic in the breeze here in Firhouse D24 the last 2 days! But so glad the West South NW getting some heat.

I'm hoping it will get warmer and that pesky Eastern breeze will go soon, won't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Hairypoppins

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Getting a bit warm now on model runs for next week. Toasty

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Beautiful evening back in Kerry, got up to 21.6C at my station, 19.7C atm.

The place has a baked feel and smell, some growth in the last 6 days, willows nearly coming in the window to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I an not looking forward to those projected temperatures with the humidity that will be around, unless we get a good thunderstorm arising out of it. Although It would have to be something special to rival last year's thunderstorm.

The rain to the South on the satellite looks a lot more dangerous than it is I presume. Prob just affecting the far South before attempting more widespread falls over the weekend. Warm all the while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I have the net weather app but the rain does not seem to be working for the past week anyone have a good free app especially for rain

There is no rain, hence nothing shows up on the rainfall radar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I know that but it always showed rain in Europe where there is plenty

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Just looking at the weekly summary for 31 May - 6 June on met.ie (it is in the forecast section under Agricultural Data Report) ... for seven reporting sites, average of 243% of normal sunshine, Dublin the lowest at 203%, Shannon at 278% (an average of 15.1 hours a day). Normal sunshine at this time of year is around 5.5 to 6 hours a day. No rain anywhere except a small amount at Malin, enough to disturb the dust collecting in that particular rain gauge. Average temperatures range from 16.7 at Shannon and (perhaps due to partial data) Knock, to just 11.5 at Dublin which is 1.0 below their normal. Western stations generally 3-5 deg above normal, central closer to 1-2 above.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭obi604

East Galway here. Started off a bit cloudy but brightened up and some nice heat in afternoon.

I Just put bin out at 22:00 and lord god there was a fair chill in the air……..I must be getting too used to the heat ;)

Ye same thing happened me I'm used to the heat now 🙃

Quite a chilly night. Single figures in a lot of areas. Only 4c in Mt Dillon chillin like a villain again. Will it beat its previous min.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭OldRio

Very dull start to the day here in Leitrim. Cool as well. Thick cloud above at the moment. Not use to this, haha, more accustomed to blue skies and sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭pad199207

Long spells of hazy sunshine in Kildare this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭HBC08

Not a cloud in the sky here in Castlebar.

Is there rain coming this weekend? I can't actually compute or comprehend wet weather after these few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Lovely morning in Salthill. The sun is burning the haze away. I think it's going to be another hot one.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Well Clueudo aint no heat here in the East. Perfect running conditions at 630am. Cool and breezy. I thought Storm Oscar was trying to make landfall this morning ;) The trees were moving so much and some of them loosing foliage.

Bright but hazy and still cool now. 13⁰. Few layers back on. Meath

Wonder is it going to rain in Slane Saturday for the concert. I'm not going. But do want good weather for those going after such a good spell be rubbish if ita going to open the heavens. Looks like rain forecast.

Advertisement